Balcony upgrade to Lido?

senunez1

I'm going to be sailing on the Sunrise in September and I just received an offer to upgrade to a balcony room on the lido deck, for either room 9273 or 9279. My current location is on the middle of Deck 8 also a balcony room. Is it worth the $8 dollars to do the upgrade?

Thanks!

Personally I would do it just for convenience of being on lido already and not having to negotiate stairs or elevator. It might depend on the ship since I seem to spend more time on lido on some than others. 

I would agree with the previous two responses with regard to Lido deck convenience. Those two cabins you mention however are located below that terraced deck level that leads up to the water slide. I'm not sure how much noise from above you will hear in terms of deck chair moving, people walking, etc. but maybe it would be confined to day time hours anyway. Otherwise, the $8 upgrade charge is really very reasonable.

ETA: Between those two cabins, I would say that 9273 (being further forward) would be a better choice than 9279.

Edited by joepeka

We got the same offer and said no due to the location under the water slide area.  It seems like there are lounge chairs above it, and I know from previously having a cabin under a pool deck that they move the loungers around early in the am and late at night, not  to mention the noise from regular use during the day.

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

I try to get a cabin on the lido deck every cruise, so for me this would be an easy decision.  I would be very excited with that offer.

do it!! Lido deck is the best deck. closest to most of the activities you do during the day 

Yes, it seems that the room 9273 that joepeka suggested just got booked, the other room is definitely under the water slide. Hmm now i don't know...

But I just saw that an offer for a cloud 9 spa balcony became available on decks 10 and 11, at least 5 rooms available on each level.  Its on the aft, I've never been towards the front of the ship I usually like to go more mid ship. 

Anyone been in a cloud 9 spa room? Is it worth the upgrade ($26 dollars). I don't visit spas too often but thought it might be nice to experience during vacation.

Thanks for all the feedback!

24 minutes ago, senunez1 said:

Yes, it seems that the room 9273 that joepeka suggested just got booked, the other room is definitely under the water slide. Hmm now i don't know...

But I just saw that an offer for a cloud 9 spa balcony became available on decks 10 and 11, at least 5 rooms available on each level.  Its on the aft, I've never been towards the front of the ship I usually like to go more mid ship. 

Anyone been in a cloud 9 spa room? Is it worth the upgrade ($26 dollars). I don't visit spas too often but thought it might be nice to experience during vacation.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Never stayed in a Spa balcony cabin but I would suggest you not go with deck 11 as you have the Serenity area (starboard side) and Camp Ocean (port side) above those cabins. As to deck 10, I guess it depends on which specific cabins you're looking at - cabins 1002-1041 are under the Spa itself, but 1048-1069 look good (only cabins above and below). :classic_smile:

Edited by joepeka

There could be some chair movement above, but I personally would take the Lido balcony. I LOVE being on Lido. And that little hallway has very little traffic. Usually have a door at the Lido end that most people don't realize actually goes to cabins.

3 hours ago, joepeka said:

Never stayed in a Spa balcony cabin but I would suggest you not go with deck 11 as you have the Serenity area (starboard side) and Camp Ocean (port side) above those cabins. As to deck 10, I guess it depends on which specific cabins you're looking at - cabins 1002-1041 are under the Spa itself, but 1048-1069 look good (only cabins above and below). :classic_smile:

We were on deck 11 in cabin 11262 on the Magic last year and it was very quiet.  We always choose Panorama deck for the convenience and the quiet.

6 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We were on deck 11 in cabin 11262 on the Magic last year and it was very quiet.  We always choose Panorama deck for the convenience and the quiet.

Different ship class with a different layout. Regardless, it's interesting you mention that 11262 was quiet since it's right below the waterworks on deck 12. 

2 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Different ship class with a different layout. Regardless, it's interesting you mention that 11262 was quiet since it's right below the waterworks on deck 12. 

Oops my bad.  I swear I thought I read Magic. New glasses. 😊

• Like 1

We had a Lido Balcony on the Sunrise.  One thing I didn't like: If it's raining and you want to go to the buffet you either walk thru the rain (on a slippery deck) or, as we did, go down to deck 8 and walk the course and go up to 9 on the aft staircase.

Although I like the Lido I'd prefer Deck 8.