Odyssey Watch!

eel

Over on the "Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins" thread just about the only thing discussed anymore is when Odyssey of the Seas will open for booking. In theory it comes out in Fall 2020 and it is supposed to reposition to Florida at some point to be home ported there.

I am opening this thread to be a repository of all facts, rumors and speculation about Odyssey's deployment.  In particular if you have a guess about what date Odyssey's first sailing in North Amercia will depart, feel free to post it here.  Whoever "win's" the pool gets bragging rights (and a free dinner for two at the Windjammeron their next cruise! 😀).

The Odyssey of the Seas now shows up in Air2Sea under ship name but no sail dates are listed yet. This could mean that bookings will open sooner rather than later.

And here is my guess: the first revenue sailing for Odyssey out of Florida will depart on Nov. 14, 2020.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eel said:

Over on the "Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins" thread just about the only thing discussed anymore is when Odyssey of the Seas will open for booking.

You could have posted in the existing thread: 

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You could have posted in the existing thread: 

Thought about that but thought a new thread was in order.  That one seemed more about following the build as opposed to discussing the opening of bookings and where she will sail.  Hoping a new thread might generate more discussion.

• Like 2

The first day of Autumn 🍂 is 9/22 ... so it depends how late into “fall” they launch her. 

They have missed the summer holiday season but I guess she could do a couple of Southampton sailings, to Canaries and cover half term at the end of October and then head over. 

That would put her into direct competition with Anthem’s 11/1 Southampton - New York sailing which is overpriced and not selling well... 

We are definitely more interested in any initial European sailings, and ideally something from the UK, before she departs for the US as we've not got anything booked for later on next year. Fingers crossed for a cheeky little trip before the transatlantic.

3 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They will stay away from Southampton - not enough demand and even less after Brexit! 👍 🙄

Brexit aside it is just too expensive to sail from Southampton even now. When RCI pulled Indy from Southampton for next year, the prices on Anthem skyrocketed! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, little britain said:

The first day of Autumn 🍂 is 9/22 ... so it depends how late into “fall” they launch her. 

The Ems river conveyance usually needs to happen in mid-late October and then there might some more finish work - not much time for any sailings before the TA. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Brexit aside it is just too expensive to sail from Southampton even now. When RCI pulled Indy from Southampton for next year, the prices on Anthem skyrocketed! 

But they have come back down again now!  The cruise I am tracking went from £1802 to £2221 on the day they pulled Indie and is now back to £1842.

I think (hope) RCI realise they have lost a lot of faithful clients by pulling Indie and perhaps they want to win back the UK market by putting a new ship in here just to tease us for a few cruises.   

Here's my guess based on the deployment of the rest of the fleet - she goes on alternating 6 & 8 night sailings from Ft. Lauderdale with the 8 night sailings hitting 1 or 2 of the ABC islands & CoCoCay and the 6 night doing Cozumel/Falmouth/Labadee.  I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering or mind blowing from Royal on this one .... other than excessively high pricing!

2 hours ago, newcastlemam said:

We are waiting impatiently I want to book for April 2021 🙈

MIght get lucky with release dates on her but for that Sailing depending where she's going it's possible you could have to wait until Nov or even May2020 to book. 

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

MIght get lucky with release dates on her but for that Sailing depending where she's going it's possible you could have to wait until Nov or even May2020 to book. 

I hope not I will give up and book symphony for my b2b instead I am to impatient 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 1:04 AM, Biker19 said:

Odyssey fall of 20, Melody spring of 21, Icon spring of 22.

Melody in Spring 2021 makes her an ideal contender for the Barcelona summer season.

Still nothing on Odyssey with about 14 months to sail date.  Don't they know they have a ship to fill?!

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Don't they know they have a ship to fill?!

They might still be debating the itineraries and perhaps even changing details of the ship. Would be nice to have cabin categories/availability right, or even simple things like are those deck 7 balconies obstructed or not.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

They might still be debating the itineraries and perhaps even changing details of the ship. Would be nice to have cabin categories/availability right, or even simple things like are those deck 7 balconies obstructed or not.

...yeah... and whether the bed is next to the balcony or the bath..... really important stuff like that....

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, little britain said:

and whether the bed is next to the balcony or the bath..... really important stuff like that....

Considering how many threads we have on that topic, it seems to be more important than many other things.