Aperol Spritz in Classic Beverage package?

red919

Yet another beverage package question...pretty sure this was answered somewhere and can't find it...😳

Any recent cruisers know what Celebrity charges for an Aperol Spritz?   And if it's included in classic beverage package???

5 hours ago, red919 said:

Yet another beverage package question...pretty sure this was answered somewhere and can't find it...😳

Any recent cruisers know what Celebrity charges for an Aperol Spritz?   And if it's included in classic beverage package???

Don't know if Aperol liqueur is available on Celebrity, but it is not listed on the Classic or Premium lists. So if Aperol liqueur is available, it would still not be available on the Classic; and if an Aperol Spritz is available on the Classic, then it is being made with something other than Aperol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Don't know if Aperol liqueur is available on Celebrity, but it is not listed on the Classic or Premium lists. So if Aperol liqueur is available, it would still not be available on the Classic; and if an Aperol Spritz is available on the Classic, then it is being made with something other than Aperol!

Aperol is available...I’ve been drinking spritzes on the constellation for the last two weeks.  I am actually meeting with the bar manager tonight to discuss various strange bar issues, one of which is that while a Campari spritz is included in classic, aperol is an extra dollar....makes no sense since they are the same price in stores.  I will post back.

Any list of alcohol included in the classic or premium packages are examples.  The packages cover any drink that costs less than the price limit on each package....you are NOT limited to only what is on the list.  If in doubt, ask the waiter or bartender if the drink you want is included.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Aperol is available...I’ve been drinking spritzes on the constellation for the last two weeks.  I am actually meeting with the bar manager tonight to discuss various strange bar issues, one of which is that while a Campari spritz is included in classic, aperol is an extra dollar....makes no sense since they are the same price in stores.  I will post back.

Any list of alcohol included in the classic or premium packages are examples.  The packages cover any drink that costs less than the price limit on each package....you are NOT limited to only what is on the list.  If in doubt, ask the waiter or bartender if the drink you want is included.

How odd that aperol is a dollar extra...

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and I look forward to hearing what the bar manager had to say.

Couldn't the up-charge depend on whether they're using prosecco or champagne (and which one)?  I would also imagine that more people drink Aperol than Campari so it could just be an opportunity to make extra money.  There isn't a whole lot of rhyme or reason to their packages overall.

Brings me back to the cruise where I ordered an americano and the bartender said it wasn’t covered on the classic package......so I ordered a Campari and a sweet vermouth, both covered, and poured them into the same glass.  Captains club happy hour....Bloody Mary is not on the list....but you can get a spicy tomato juice and a vodka which are on the list.

i will post my spritz meeting results later....as well as my jewel of Russia vodka pricing results later. (Jor is priced higher than the premium package limit...grey goose vx, stoli elit and absolut elix are covered....no logic on this one either).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Brings me back to the cruise where I ordered an americano and the bartender said it wasn’t covered on the classic package......so I ordered a Campari and a sweet vermouth, both covered, and poured them into the same glass.  Captains club happy hour....Bloody Mary is not on the list....but you can get a spicy tomato juice and a vodka which are on the list.

i will post my spritz meeting results later....as well as my jewel of Russia vodka pricing results later. (Jor is priced higher than the premium package limit...grey goose vx, stoli elit and absolut elix are covered....no logic on this one either).

I have had many a Bloody Mary on the classic package and never had an upcharge. I've never heard of an Aperol Spritz until this post, so don't know about that!

I was talking about the captains club drink list which does not list a Bloody Mary.

i confirmed that celebrity apparently pays more for aperol than Campari so an aperol spritz is $1 over the classic limit. As far as jewel of Russia, someone is getting ripped off.  They claim to pay $90 for a bottle...and if it were jewel of Russia ultra, that would be correct.  The one on board is $30 a bottle.  I think the bar manager doesn’t know he received the wrong bottles....we will talk tomorrow about that mistake.

• Like 1

Update: jewel of Russia classic vodka was mispriced in the constellation computer. It is now in the premium package with the other vodkas in its price range....I’ll find out when I order it later to compare with my go to premium vodka, stoli elit 

51 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Update: jewel of Russia classic vodka was mispriced in the constellation computer. It is now in the premium package with the other vodkas in its price range....I’ll find out when I order it later to compare with my go to premium vodka, stoli elit 

Good work. Well done!

On 7/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, Swampbabe said:

My daughter had one on the infinity in March and it was covered by the classic package.

I’m on the Equinox now. I was at the Sunset Bar yesterday and a lady with a classic drink package ordered an Aperol Spritz. $1. The bartender said a Campari Spritz would be included in her package.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I confirmed that celebrity apparently pays more for aperol than Campari so an aperol spritz is $1 over the classic limit. 

Aha... that's why. Thanks so much for sharing this info.

Cheers to you and enjoy the rest of your cruise! 😊🍸