Check in / Boarding pass

woodards

5 hours ago, dabear said:

I received an email from A today indicating that I can check in. I follow the email & had no problem with the check-in process and received our boarding passes. No pictures given nor luggage tags option available.

Just out of interest, were there printable luggage labels at the end of your e-doc?

Our Edocs came in on Monday for September- usual email attachment- and yes there are labels for printing on the final page. Maybe people don’t notice them. 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:40 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

On the UK site and in your Voyage Planner you can buy packages (except for dining packages) online https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/book

You can’t 

Thanks Grandma Cruising.

I did use this link fairly recently for another Azamara cruise.  As before, at the end of the booking process you had to tick a preference for either email or telephone and someone will contact you within 48 hours to complete the booking!

Strange...  When I order stuff on line, I never have to speak with anyone.

Maybe this has changed recently.  If so, welcome to the modern age Azamara....

9 minutes ago, Solon said:

Thanks Grandma Cruising.

I did use this link fairly recently for another Azamara cruise.  As before, at the end of the booking process you had to tick a preference for either email or telephone and someone will contact you within 48 hours to complete the booking!

Strange...  When I order stuff on line, I never have to speak with anyone.

Maybe this has changed recently.  If so, welcome to the modern age Azamara....

This is my experience last year as well, its not a true online process

Edited by uktog

When my documents were completed, I got the boarding pass.  Our pictures are on them and so is our boarding time.

There is only one message for us and it says, "This guest is checked in.  Their luggage tag is still processing, so come back later to print a copy."  

The new documentation is nothing like the Xpress Pass which I printed before being able to login to this new system on Monday.  

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Just out of interest, were there printable luggage labels at the end of your e-doc?

no  or I recall that it said the luggage tags were still processing & to come back later. Under the old procedures including that with Celebrity, we always could get luggage tags at the dock where you leave your bags.

Edited by dabear

1 hour ago, dabear said:

no  or I recall that it said the luggage tags were still processing & to come back later. Under the old procedures including that with Celebrity, we always could get luggage tags at the dock where you leave your bags.

I guess that will still be the case if you arrive without them.

23 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Just checked in this afternoon and still no luggage tags available. LuAnn

LuAnn....If you just checked in maybe it takes a day?  I had luggage tags at et end of my document a few weeks ago but I checked in a few months ago.  I also called them and they mailed the nice ones but is probably too late for that.  Worst case get them at pier.

Art

51 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Just an update....we received our AZ "package" in the mail Friday (we sail 8/7 on Quest) and the luggage tags wee included in the packet. LuAnn

LuAnn,

I’ve seen others mention receiving a package in the mail.  What’s in the package?  Do only people who book direct with Azamara get this?  

PS... looking forward to meeting you on the Aug 7 cruise..

Rita

On 7/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, azmar said:

They seem to have fixed the web problem, but the luggage tags are still not ready.  Because our luggage is picked up at our hotel by our tour group and brought to the ship, we need to have proper tags.  Azamara has indicated they'll mail them to me.  We'll see!!

You may get them in the mail. I sailed with a group a couple of months ago, my tour group sent a packet of materials that included the luggage tags.

7 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

LuAnn,

I’ve seen others mention receiving a package in the mail.  What’s in the package?  Do only people who book direct with Azamara get this?  

Rita

If you book through a Travel Agent, they may print out the Azamara e-docs and sent them to you. My Travel Agent would do so, except I told her not to as I only want a couple of pages plus the luggage labels and I print those myself.

• Like 1

I called Azamara a week ago and they said they'd send the luggage tags, but I still haven't received them.  However, they finally straightened out the website and I was able to print them.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:24 PM, SoBaycruiser said:

LuAnn,

Rita

Rita...This is a very nice personalized bound 'booklet" sent from AZ...but I book with a TA. It included the luggage tags and some info for our specific cruise as well as mostly general info...eg cruise contract, info on spa services etc. I take it you didn't get one?? Maybe it's not to late to request one? Will be fun to get to know you as well!!! LuAnn

6 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Rita...This is a very nice personalized bound 'booklet" sent from AZ...but I book with a TA. It included the luggage tags and some info for our specific cruise as well as mostly general info...eg cruise contract, info on spa services etc. I take it you didn't get one?? Maybe it's not to late to request one? Will be fun to get to know you as well!!! LuAnn

I think this is probably your e-docs printed out & bound by your TA, possibly with some additions. 

1 minute ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think this is probably your e-docs printed out & bound by your TA, possibly with some additions. 

Interesting.  I got my edoc copy from the website when I checked in.  It was incomplete (didn’t contain the land portion) so I called my TA who hadn’t received anything. He called AZ and got a copy of the edoc and forwarded it to me by email.  I got nothing printed out or mailed to me.  With Bonnie’s help I got an updated edoc online with the land portion included.  So I was confused when people said they were receiving packages. 

Thanks for all who shared.

9 hours ago, LuAnn said:

LuAnn, I haven't seen a booklet like that for ages. Unless I need a paper copy of any transfer vouchers booked through Azamara I rarely even look at the edocs. The only pages I print are those that contain the luggage tags. I prefer to save a tree. Then a printed copy of the boarding pass and I'm good to go. No need for anything else. 

Phil 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 11:45 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

On 7/30/2019 at 2:24 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

LuAnn, I haven't seen a booklet like that for ages. Unless I need a paper copy of any transfer vouchers booked through Azamara I rarely even look at the edocs. The only pages I print are those that contain the luggage tags. I prefer to save a tree. Then a printed copy of the boarding pass and I'm good to go. No need for anything else. 

Phil 

I'm with you on the trees Phil...but I didn't print any of this...and it did not come from my TA (I'm not on a "group" sailing as is sometimes offered by the TA's large travel company and I did check with her) but from AZ. It's a very "slick" brochure type ..mostly "marketing type" materials but it is also "personalized". It is not just a print out of the edocs bound. I  also received via email the edocs. That's how I completed all the boarding information and printed my boarding passes. The luggage tags were not available off the edocs when I created the boarding passes. So I'm not sure why I received this and others didn't...but I'll bring it to you in Southampton so you see what I'm talking about! :)  LuAnn

• Like 1

I received the luggage tags from Azamara 8 days after I called (and had already printed them from the e docs) but these are so much easier to use.  You don't have to do  arts and crafts with the ones you print out, using packing tape and fasteners.

I've even had them fall off once.  These are like the ones the airlines use.