Pizza menu calzones?

gizfish

Many years ago when we last traveled on Carnival, calzones were an option at the 24  hour pizza area.  They were more like stuffed pizzas and always had to be made to order (not pre-made like the pizzas).  Do they still offer this?

29 minutes ago, gizfish said:

Many years ago when we last traveled on Carnival, calzones were an option at the 24  hour pizza area.  They were more like stuffed pizzas and always had to be made to order (not pre-made like the pizzas).  Do they still offer this?

No, only thin crust pizza

Due to the popularity of Carnival's fleet, and the maximization of passengers per square foot of walkable space, and the hungry hoards they attempt to satisfy, they had no choice but to cut corners....to speed up the delivery time, from prep to the plate to serve as many people as possible in the shortest time. This of course results in less than tasty pizzas, and certainly not in my favorite, calzones.

When I ate their pizza I was shocked to compare their pizza...the taste, consistency, flavor, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum, to that of the Tony's Frozen Pizza we find at our local Kroger's here in Arlington. And they sell them 4 for $5.00. Year before last they were $1.00 ea.  Just my casual observations. YMMV.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gizfish said:

No but you can get a pizza and fold it in half.

27 minutes ago, ishap said:

Silly person.  Their pizza doesn't fold.  It's crispy thin crust...not yummy NY style.  😂

I guess I'm easy when it comes to pizza.  I love NY pizza.  I love thin crust pizza. I love Chicago pan pizza.  I'm a love the pizza you're with kind of person. 😁

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I guess I'm easy when it comes to pizza.  I love NY pizza.  I love thin crust pizza. I love Chicago pan pizza.  I'm a love the pizza you're with kind of person. 😁

I love me some NY style, foldable slices, but since I can't get that on the ship, and pizza is usually the only food available late, then thin crust it is.

2 minutes ago, ishap said:

I love me some NY style, foldable slices, but since I can't get that on the ship, and pizza is usually the only food available late, then thin crust it is.

I guess folding is a regional thing. I notice people from NE do this.  Here in the South, not so much., even if the slice is "foldable ".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I guess folding is a regional thing. I notice people from NE do this.  Here in the South, not so much., even if the slice is "foldable ".

I am Bama born by the grace of God, and I only fold the giant slices I get at Sam's club. That $2.50 slice and drink is the bomb.

On the ship I love the prosciutto pizza. We do a late night 2 pizzas and carry them to the kareoke (sp) room to have dinner and a show. Good times.

2 hours ago, Garth2 said:

The lines for pizza have gotten noticeably longer, so I don't think they pre-make as many as they used to.

On our last cruise the line for pizza after around 9pm had around twenty people in it constantly. Only one person working. He would make about three pizzas at a time and the first three people would take one whole pizza each. Felt sorry for the poor worker.

The pizza now does not hold a candle to what they served not that long ago. Like mentioned above, long lines and not having it ready to serve. Makes everyone want to take more when the person working does come out with a pizza. Almost have to pass and get a sandwich nut hard to not get a slice late at night.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I’d like to see at some point they make guys burgers 24 hours. JH has polled it a few times and guys always wins out over pizza. If guys or the deli were opened 24 hours I’d never eat the pizza.

We would be the same way. I don't think they could stock enough patties or sandwiched. Pizza would go the way of the dinosaur.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I’d like to see at some point they make guys burgers 24 hours. JH has polled it a few times and guys always wins out over pizza. If guys or the deli were opened 24 hours I’d never eat the pizza.

Man i would love for them to do that! A nice Guy's burger or two while half drunk! Man!!