First Time choosing an inside Cabin

homeinboca

We are looking to book a Baltic Cruise and possibly staying in an inside cabin for the first time. DW is not thrilled, but willing to try it out once. The savings is pretty significant and would pay for a pre and post trip. Up to now, we always have had a balcony. My question to the Princess experts is - Which should I choose  - a sideways cabin or the standard. Is there any benefit to either of them as far as size or comfort or layout? TIA

Ron 

15 minutes ago, homeinboca said:

We are looking to book a Baltic Cruise and possibly staying in an inside cabin for the first time. DW is not thrilled, but willing to try it out once. The savings is pretty significant and would pay for a pre and post trip. Up to now, we always have had a balcony. My question to the Princess experts is - Which should I choose  - a sideways cabin or the standard. Is there any benefit to either of them as far as size or comfort or layout? TIA

Ron 

We have stayed in both  types of cabins. To me the sideways cabin was much better. It was a little bigger and the layout was also better. Just my opinion. I hope you enjoy your cruise and have a great time.

Tony

If the ship has an aft pool, I book the interiors on that deck.  If you need to go outside, it's just a few steps.  

The only thing I don't like about the sideways cabin is the position of the door.  There's not as much privacy as a regular interior cabin. 

• Like 1

I've done several solo cruises when She Who Must Be Obeyed had no interest in the particular itinerary.  I don't have a preference on sideways or regular, but I choose my insides even more carefully to be sure there are cabins above, below, and across the corridor, and I avoid anything close to the bow where the anchor chain may be an issue.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Inside cabins are fine. This is particularly true on port-intensive itineraries such as the Baltic cruise. Because most of the days are spent in port, I don't think the balcony is important. I agree with the post above that I would select a cabin that is surrounded by other cabins. This should reduce the possibility of noise.

We are booked in an inside cabin on a very port-intensive British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess next month. We decided to spend the considerable money that we saved on shore excursions.

I recommend bringing an alarm clock or requesting a wake-up call for the morning. Because there is no window, it is easier to oversleep and possibly miss an early shore excursion. 

Chuck

• Like 1

We always book an interior for the most part and we love the sideways ones.  It feels roomier with the layout...you do either have to be together or have some way to notify your significant other if you are sleeping or dressing in the main bedroom area as the door does open right onto it either shining light or exposing your partner.  But there is a pretty decent area leading to the bathroom that is blocked by the wall where the desk and tv are at.  I have pics on the Regal princess if you are on a Royal class ship and if on an older ship I have pics on the Caribbean and Crown in the sideways.  I also have pics of the standard inside for Caribbean in my shutterfly pics ..the link is in my signature below

• Like 1

We are in an obstucted view cabin for first time, normally have suite or mini-suite since we had kids, it's been fine, haven't missed the balcony.

We have been woken early every morning by sunlight coming in around the curtains so at least you won't have that issue.