Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mafig

Room Service charge for GS?

Recommended Posts

I just read a review which stated that there's a charge for room service in the GS.  Is there?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks.

They were probably charged in error and didn't know. 

That's one thing about reviews though, can't reply to them, so that false information is out there …...forever...….☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that true for the Royal Suite Class program for Anthem & a few other ships?  I can't get a solid answer on this either -- they used to list it on the old suite perks, but it's not listed ANYWHERE in the Royal Suite class perk list.  I will have to test it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wannavacay said:

Is that true for the Royal Suite Class program for Anthem & a few other ships?  I can't get a solid answer on this either -- they used to list it on the old suite perks, but it's not listed ANYWHERE in the Royal Suite class perk list.  I will have to test it out!

 

Yes, free room service for Sky and Star class suites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No charges for room service and GS and above can order from the Main Dining Room menu (when MDR is open) and have it delivered by room service, at no charge. One of my favorite suite perks. 

Edited by sandebeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

No charges for room service and GS and above can order from the Main Dining Room menu (when MDR is open) and have it delivered by room service, at no charge. One of my favorite suite perks. 

How do you go about this?  Do you call the dining room to order or room service?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whyrlygig said:

 Do you call the dining room to order or room service?  

The latter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The latter. 

Yes as Biker said. The dinner menus are on the Royal app but the Suite Lounge Concierge will also have menus available up in the Suite Lounge. Just look at the menu and then call Room Service. I usually give them my name and say I am in Suite such-and-such. Room Service usually tells you it will be 30-45 minutes, but that time can vary. One time on the Mariner I tried calling Room Service at 5:30 PM but they told me that I would have to call back at 6 PM, when the Dining Room opened, to place my order. Hope this info helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have to ask the person to get a supervisor when you call.  I have had the person answering the phone not know about the difference for Suite guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, sandebeach said:

Yes as Biker said. The dinner menus are on the Royal app but the Suite Lounge Concierge will also have menus available up in the Suite Lounge. Just look at the menu and then call Room Service. I usually give them my name and say I am in Suite such-and-such. Room Service usually tells you it will be 30-45 minutes, but that time can vary. One time on the Mariner I tried calling Room Service at 5:30 PM but they told me that I would have to call back at 6 PM, when the Dining Room opened, to place my order. Hope this info helps. 

Thank you!  That is very helpful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No familiar with GS, what does GS stand for? I would like to know if there is a cost to room service for all guest, and is there a limit to the amount of times you access room service within a day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Laugh-N-Loudly said:

No familiar with GS, what does GS stand for? I would like to know if there is a cost to room service for all guest, and is there a limit to the amount of times you access room service within a day?

GS= Grand Suite in this instance.  There is a charge for room service other than for continental breakfast/coffee.  I think it is still $7.95 plus 18% gratuity   no limit number of times that I have ever heard of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming the category VP (Ocean View Panoramic Suite) will be no charge as well....with the same perks as the GS and above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, molly361 said:

GS= Grand Suite in this instance.  There is a charge for room service other than for continental breakfast/coffee.  I think it is still $7.95 plus 18% gratuity   no limit number of times that I have ever heard of

NO charge for room service in Grand Suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laugh-N-Loudly said:

No familiar with GS, what does GS stand for? I would like to know if there is a cost to room service for all guest, and is there a limit to the amount of times you access room service within a day?

 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

GS= Grand Suite in this instance.  There is a charge for room service other than for continental breakfast/coffee.  I think it is still $7.95 plus 18% gratuity   no limit number of times that I have ever heard of

 

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm assuming the category VP (Ocean View Panoramic Suite) will be no charge as well....with the same perks as the GS and above.

I thought they were asking if there was a charge for room service for people in other types of cabins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Laugh-N-Loudly said:

No familiar with GS, what does GS stand for? I would like to know if there is a cost to room service for all guest, and is there a limit to the amount of times you access room service within a day?

Yes, there is a cost for room service for guests in regular, non-suite, cabins. It is about $7.95 plus gratuity for each time you phone for an order. If you order 5 times in a day....I'm sure you'll be charged $7.95 times 5 plus gratuity.  I don't believe that there is a limit to the number of times you can order from room service.   As mentioned, the only 'free' room service is the continental breakfast in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to be clear, the charge is per ORDER, not per item.

 

So you can order 10 entrees at one time, and only pay one $7.95 charge (plus 18%).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...