Room Service charge for GS?

mafig

Is that true for the Royal Suite Class program for Anthem & a few other ships?  I can't get a solid answer on this either -- they used to list it on the old suite perks, but it's not listed ANYWHERE in the Royal Suite class perk list.  I will have to test it out!

1 hour ago, wannavacay said:

Is that true for the Royal Suite Class program for Anthem & a few other ships?  I can't get a solid answer on this either -- they used to list it on the old suite perks, but it's not listed ANYWHERE in the Royal Suite class perk list.  I will have to test it out!

Yes, free room service for Sky and Star class suites.

• Like 1

No charges for room service and GS and above can order from the Main Dining Room menu (when MDR is open) and have it delivered by room service, at no charge. One of my favorite suite perks. 

Edited by sandebeach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

No charges for room service and GS and above can order from the Main Dining Room menu (when MDR is open) and have it delivered by room service, at no charge. One of my favorite suite perks. 

How do you go about this?  Do you call the dining room to order or room service?  

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The latter. 

Yes as Biker said. The dinner menus are on the Royal app but the Suite Lounge Concierge will also have menus available up in the Suite Lounge. Just look at the menu and then call Room Service. I usually give them my name and say I am in Suite such-and-such. Room Service usually tells you it will be 30-45 minutes, but that time can vary. One time on the Mariner I tried calling Room Service at 5:30 PM but they told me that I would have to call back at 6 PM, when the Dining Room opened, to place my order. Hope this info helps. 

• Like 3

On 8/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, sandebeach said:

Yes as Biker said. The dinner menus are on the Royal app but the Suite Lounge Concierge will also have menus available up in the Suite Lounge. Just look at the menu and then call Room Service. I usually give them my name and say I am in Suite such-and-such. Room Service usually tells you it will be 30-45 minutes, but that time can vary. One time on the Mariner I tried calling Room Service at 5:30 PM but they told me that I would have to call back at 6 PM, when the Dining Room opened, to place my order. Hope this info helps. 

Thank you!  That is very helpful.  

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Laugh-N-Loudly said:

No familiar with GS, what does GS stand for? I would like to know if there is a cost to room service for all guest, and is there a limit to the amount of times you access room service within a day?

GS= Grand Suite in this instance.  There is a charge for room service other than for continental breakfast/coffee.  I think it is still $7.95 plus 18% gratuity   no limit number of times that I have ever heard of

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

GS= Grand Suite in this instance.  There is a charge for room service other than for continental breakfast/coffee.  I think it is still $7.95 plus 18% gratuity   no limit number of times that I have ever heard of

NO charge for room service in Grand Suite.

2 hours ago, Laugh-N-Loudly said:

No familiar with GS, what does GS stand for? I would like to know if there is a cost to room service for all guest, and is there a limit to the amount of times you access room service within a day?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm assuming the category VP (Ocean View Panoramic Suite) will be no charge as well....with the same perks as the GS and above.

I thought they were asking if there was a charge for room service for people in other types of cabins

9 hours ago, Laugh-N-Loudly said:

Yes, there is a cost for room service for guests in regular, non-suite, cabins. It is about $7.95 plus gratuity for each time you phone for an order. If you order 5 times in a day....I'm sure you'll be charged $7.95 times 5 plus gratuity.  I don't believe that there is a limit to the number of times you can order from room service.   As mentioned, the only 'free' room service is the continental breakfast in the morning.