Anthem of the Seas.....

18 minutes ago, Romantic101 said:

How does the Anthem of the Seas rank compared to other Royal Caribbean ships in overall personal opinions? Thank You! 🚢😄

My choice, after the Oasis class.  As I live in NJ, it is so convenient for us and don't have to put up with flight hassles.

You kinda get the "big ship hassle" of having to book shows and deal with crowds, without the benefits of all of the additional entertainment and space on an Oasis class ship. The features like NorthStar, iFly and SeaPlex are interesting, but, for us, they are one-and-done-forever type activities. Our cruise was plagued with multiple robot faults in  Two70 causing us to have to go back to try and see shows multiple times. 

Would we sail on the Anthem again? Sure, without hesitation. But we would prefer an Oasis class ship if it were an option. 

It was the best family vacation we ever had! The Anthem had something for everyone in our group. We brought my daughter, her husband and 13 year old son; my daughter and husband, and their 2 children ages 12 and 14,. the kids (all ages) spent time in the SeaPlex, the Rock Wall, pizza stand, and Flowrider. The sheer number of choices of food (especially desserts) in the Windjammer was also a hit! We could go our separate ways and meet up for dinner. The itinerary was perfect for us, and the kids really enjoyed the shows.

Love her.  Great for cold weather sailing.  Was not impressed with Oasis.  Sailed Quantum and Anthem. Will be on Anthem in October.  Also like all Radiance class ships and will sail on Radiance in February in Australia. 

Love this ship!  Going on her for the third time in November, and just booked again for spring 2020.  Same itinerary.  People we talk to cannot understand why we would go again on the same itinerary, but to us, it's not about the destination...it's about the ship.  No flying for us...we live about 45 minutes from the port.  We have sailed Voyager and Freedom class, flown to ports, etc.  Anthem out of Cape Liberty is fun and simple.  Now, would we go on anything smaller (maybe?) or bigger (doubtful) out of Cape Liberty?  Just enjoying Anthem while we can...not sure where she will be sent after Cape Liberty, but while we have her, I will be sailing!    

Edited by MaryL31
missed letter

L O V E D anthem.   Had been on Oasis twice before and didn’t realize how big she was until we were on Anthem.    Getting around is much faster.  Still tonnes to do.  Fewer dining options - but we were never left wanting somewhere to go or something to eat.  270 is awesome.  Kids loved iFly (so did we).  Bumper cars were a  hit (I was skeptical about them).  And the staff.   I cannot say enough about how incredibly friendly every crew member was that we encountered.   The atmosphere and energy from staff was amazing.  

Edited by Djsmrs
Typo

Hi, we've been on every class in the RC family, we loved Anthem so much we did another on Ovation and are doing one on Quantum in October, we have gone back and done other classes as we we like the Vision and Radiance class with all the sea views which is why we like the 270 and Solarium on Anthem.   If we had sailed on Anthem first of all it might have been a disappointment going on other ships without all the bells and whistles but as long as we can find somewhere to sit and watch the world go by we are happy.

Love the Anthem,  behind the Oasis class ships!  I sailed Harmony and will be sailing on Oasis next May.  I love the larger ships because there is more to look at and to do!  I would definitely sail Anthem again!  Enjoy ur cruise!