Oasis Refurb

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Royal IT strikes again.

The Oasis Dec 29th cruise is showing twice on the website. 1st instance just has Dec 29th cruise listed but the 2nd instance has both Dec 15 & Dec 29th listed.

No wonder there is so confusion as to what is available.

They're calling one instance a "holiday" cruise so it showd up as a different sailing..same pricing etc. But dec15 has the same itinerary as the one not named holiday so it's hiding there.  Nov24, Dec1 and Dec8 are gone.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, I would have thought so as well. 

Looks like MSC is about to take the title of World's largest cruise ship, MSC Europa.

From CC

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4708/

"Carrying up to 6,761 passengers, the 250,000-tonne vessel will become the largest cruise ship in the world (by passenger capacity) when it debuts in 2022 -- eclipsing Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas, the current record holder, which can carry up to 6,680 passengers."

2 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Looks like MSC is about to take the title of World's largest cruise ship, MSC Europa.

From CC

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4708/

"Carrying up to 6,761 passengers, the 250,000-tonne vessel will become the largest cruise ship in the world (by passenger capacity) when it debuts in 2022 -- eclipsing Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas, the current record holder, which can carry up to 6,680 passengers."

What surprises me with that is that it actually has the same relative passenger space ratio as OA class ships.  I’m pretty sure that their other ships have had a worse ratio than Royal.

I just looked and another site had her listed as 204,000 tones which would be significantly worse.

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I think the GT figure listed in the article is off - the fairly reliable cruise ship order lists it at 200,000K. The passenger count could be right. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I guess I don't understand calling it an adults only area and having the minimum age 16. I don't  really consider 16 an adult😕

RCCL calls kids 12 and under, never mind 16.  13 is an adult (at least in terms of qualifying for their Kids Sail "Free" promotions).  Other companies like Celebrity actually consider those under 18 as children for their KSF "sales", and NCL simply offers 3rd and 4th (regardless of age) sail "free" promotions.  We love RCCL but their definition of and adult is asinine.

11 minutes ago, TurtleCrossing1 said:

My royal caribbean rep just said that my december 8th cruise will likely be cancelled. he is awaiting word regarding credits. so so so so disappointing 😞

Is your rep a royal caribbean employee or travel agent?  Who is he awaiting word from?  I am so disappointed....

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think the GT figure listed in the article is off - the fairly reliable cruise ship order lists it at 200,000K. The passenger count could be right. 

Yes it does seem incorrect. Just saw -  Cruise Industry New has 204,000 and Seatrade Insider has 205,700.

5 minutes ago, TurtleCrossing1 said:

royal caribbean employee. im not sure who he is reaching out to but he said he has no knowledge now as of how much we would be getting back

My guess is that you will receive a full refund as well as a FCC for the full value of your cruise.(less taxes and fees)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, TurtleCrossing1 said:

we are looking for a different cruise line and ship right now

The problem is that you are after final payment and a new cruise would have to be paid in full at time of booking.  If for some reason this turned out that OA did sail you would be left with 2 cruises. Tough spot to be in. 

Just now, Tall-Cruiser said:

Yes it does seem incorrect. Just saw -  Cruise Industry New has 204,000 and Seatrade Insider has 205,700.

Could be just a typo on the CC article - 250,000 instead of 205,000.

I also saw 5,400 as the passenger capacity.  I'm guessing that is double occupancy and with max capacity at 6,761 or about 81 more than Symphony.

I wonder if Royal is going to throw in about 90 more cots onto the Symphony to regain the pax capacity crown. 😃

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I also saw 5,400 as the passenger capacity.  I'm guessing that is double occupancy and with max capacity at 6,761 or about 81 more than Symphony.

I wonder if Royal is going to throw in about 90 more cots onto the Symphony to regain the pax capacity crown. 😃

That's a huge jump (5400 to 6761) from double occupancy to max.  I don't think Royal's ships have that much of a percentage increase from double to max.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I thought the ame after checking other sites. I think RCI will maintain the biggest with Icon and Oasis Class for now.

3 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

If some Oasis sailings are cancelled, would cruise Line OBC also be given on a new booking?

If the cruise line cancels typically you get a full refund plus a future cruise credit which can only be used to book a new cruise.

You would lose any OBC you had unfortunately in most cases.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

If the cruise line cancels typically you get a full refund plus a future cruise credit which can only be used to book a new cruise.

One exception may be if you had OBC that was from a charter or redeployment.  That I think you could argue and keep.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not always does it work this way. I was one of those affected by the Empress fiascos and I could get full refund but no FCC and to sail when scheduled had to pick from few options Of other ships in same or close to time frame and had to pay quite a price difference as it was only two weeks notice from them so prices were not so great due to so many Empress sailings cancelled.

Of course they were not consistent on what their offers were I believe others received better offers than I.