Oasis Refurb

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In your opinion 😉

We paid that for 8 in an A1 on Oasis. No comparison...............   IMHO 😉

I thought 95% of the posting here are opinions.......so it goes without saying.

IMHO. 😋

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Many on here don’t care for kids on a cruise. I personally have no problem with kids. 

in my opinion 

Minor correction: Many on here don't care for other peoples kids on a cruise.

In my opinion. lol

• Like 2

They were there for a few minutes.  I tried to do a mock booking for the Nov 24th cruise and when I got to the cabin selection screen, thought the price was pretty reasonable until I noticed the date in the upper corner was April 2020!!

When I tried to start over, those 3 cruises disappeared again.

Edited by HBE4

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

They were there for a few minutes.  I tried to do a mock booking for the Nov 24th cruise and when I got to the cabin selection screen, thought the price was pretty reasonable until I noticed the date in the upper corner was April 2020!!

When I tried to start over, those 3 cruises disappeared again.

December 1st (but not Nov 24 or Dec 8 ) is back up, but when you click it it goes to April 2020.  So maybe we are looking at IT/cabin re-categorization issues here instead of drydock delay?  Hard to tell at this point, it is quite the mystery. 

I was also thinking about the fact that Oasis was scheduled to be in dry dock for 6 or 7 weeks, so a 3 week delay would really be significant.  To me that would indicate an issue with propulsion or some behind the scenes mechanical problem.  I'm sure that if RCI couldn't get the BBQ place or robot bartenders up she would still sail.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, RFerrington said:

Personal opinion....but with no balcony, nowhere to eat (aside from that possible penninsula which shows only 1 chair !), absolutely no view from the living/sitting area and a LOOOONG haul to any of the other suite amenities (CK/SL), I don't see this as being a particularly attractive option - especially for the price !

Credit to CGTLH and Lovetocruise2002 for the figure below

image.png.fe49a4c0036bf8f11f011b2b34f1d872.png

This cabin is available on the Dec 29th NYE sailing - they want $10,399 USD/pp for it.  Too much for my blood!  Especially for a OV. 

• Thanks 1

I DO NOT  understand this new cabin- way to expensive to give my clothes an ocean view! its super expensive... no balcony... and the living room area faces a wall

this is such a design FAIL!

Edited by bobkins40
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, uvadover said:

Apologies for the re-post but there are now two active threads on this.  

On the social media site most frequented by the current US president, Royal Carribbean's official twitter is saying as recently as 55 minutes ago that "Oasis is resuming sailing on 11/24" and "No changes have been made to [these] sailings" and "This is just a rumor and there are no cancellations for Oasis."

I am sailing 12/29 so I certainly hope things are set.  Also went thru TWO recategorizations for this same sailing, so I am over the nonsense reshuffling of cabins.  Let's go!

How did that resolve for you, if you don’t mind sharing with me? We have/had connecting cabins until today when my cabin was recategorized. Now I’m on deck 6 and the rest of my family is on deck 12. That’s not going to work for me but since it’s a TA booking they want to deal with her. And of course, it’s Friday night. I was just curious how they resolved it with you. 

51 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

How did that resolve for you, if you don’t mind sharing with me? We have/had connecting cabins until today when my cabin was recategorized. Now I’m on deck 6 and the rest of my family is on deck 12. That’s not going to work for me but since it’s a TA booking they want to deal with her. And of course, it’s Friday night. I was just curious how they resolved it with you. 

I am curious what cabins your originally had booked and how many in each? We have connecting cabins on deck 9 in March, 2 in each room. When they change the category of a cabin, are they changing the maximum number of people in the room? Are they going from 4 down to 2 or 2 up to 3or4 if that makes sense that someone can clarify for me?

1 minute ago, OACAggie said:

I am curious what cabins your originally had booked and how many in each? We have connecting cabins on deck 9 in March, 2 in each room. When they change the category of a cabin, are they changing the maximum number of people in the room? Are they going from 4 down to 2 or 2 up to 3or4 if that makes sense that someone can clarify for me?

They are doing quite a few changes.  2 to 3, 2 to 4, 4 to 3 and 4 to 2

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

I had cabin 12180 which is connected to 12178.  Both were double staterooms but they changed 12180 to a least a triple if not a quad.  They moved us to 6600, which is a nice cabin on the hump, and normally I'd be pleased, but my 8-yr old daughter is in 12178 with my MIL so this change isn't going to work for us. 

It's really annoying because our bookings were merged but they ignored that and moved us apart anyway.  I'm sure they probably have a legal right written in our contract to do this, but it doesn't make it the right thing to do.  At this point, I have to wait until Monday to resolve this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

I had cabin 12180 which is connected to 12178.  Both were double staterooms but they changed 12180 to a least a triple if not a quad.  They moved us to 6600, which is a nice cabin on the hump, and normally I'd be pleased, but my 8-yr old daughter is in 12178 with my MIL so this change isn't going to work for us. 

It's really annoying because our bookings were merged but they ignored that and moved us apart anyway.  I'm sure they probably have a legal right written in our contract to do this, but it doesn't make it the right thing to do.  At this point, I have to wait until Monday to resolve this.

Something else is going on as those cabins are both listed as double occupancy before and after the change.  After the change all connecting cabins are double occupancy.