Handheld showers? Did you know?

MishelleMcc

6 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

Shhhhh, don't tell everyone but you can request a hand held shower in your cabin before you cruise and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom!!!

See the review below:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=658495

How did they attach it to a fixed showerhead?

12 hours ago, Italy52 said:

How did they attach it to a fixed showerhead?

They would replace the shower head with the handheld apparatus.  Very easy.  I would think customer service or your Princess Cruise Consultant would make the request.  I do think that they have a supply on all ships because they provide them in ADA accessible staterooms.

Edited by MishelleMcc
add info

1 minute ago, geocruiser said:

I thought they were in all the cabins?  I all ways had on on Regal.

I've only been studying Grand Princess because we are sailing on her in December and they do not have them.  I don't know about other/newer ships.  Can anyone else offer any information?

1 hour ago, MishelleMcc said:

They would replace the shower head with the handheld apparatus.  Very easy.  I would think customer service or your Princess Cruise Consultant would make the request.  I do think that they have a supply on all ships because they provide them in ADA accessible staterooms.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The newer ships have hand held showers.

The older ships, you can request them in advance.  HOWEVER, most of the time the hand held is installed and just hanging there.  They did not put the "holder" on the pipe like shown.  Out of 4 cruises I requested it, only ONE ship put the proper fittings on.  This was last fall and earlier, so perhaps things have changed.

You can email customerservice@princess.com and request it.

Edited by FoghornLeghorn

On the Grand class ships if we can't get a handycap Penthouse suit, we get the fixed shower head changed to a flex one. We also take with us a suction type head holder and a couple of suction type hand rails to attach to the glass enclosure .Works fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

So how do you even manipulate a handheld shower in those tinny shower stalls?

Very easily. Royal & Regal has hand held shower heads and the are so much more convenient than the stationary ones.

But, you’re right, the showers are kind of small, & lets not forget the dreaded shower curtains in lieu of sliding doors!

16 minutes ago, ehogan said:

Thanks so much for this info.  I have requested a flexible head with holder for our 16 day cruise, hope it is there when we board, it will make all the difference!

You are welcome!  We requested one too so we will see what happens... happy sailing!

30 minutes ago, ehogan said:

Thanks so much for this info.  I have requested a flexible head with holder for our 16 day cruise, hope it is there when we board, it will make all the difference!

Sorry, just saw the answer to my question in a post above.

Edited by Italy52

36 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

Update:  We just paid off our December cruise yesterday.  I requested the hand held shower at that time.  There is a code that the TA  processes for the hand-held shower so we are all set!!  Go for it!!

Thanks for letting us know.  I will call my TA with my request.  I kept trying to use the email address mentioned in a few posts above and it kept getting bounced back to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I will call my TA with my request.  I kept trying to use the email address mentioned in a few posts above and it kept getting bounced back to me.

35 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thanks for the info it’s good to know.

Tony

You both are welcome!  Yeah, I tried the email and it "failed" (returned) so then I tried the message format under Captain's Circle, and had no response.  So I requested it over the phone while making final payment and she found the code and sent it through!  Good luck to you  both!!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, richsea said:

Very easily. Royal & Regal has hand held shower heads and the are so much more convenient than the stationary ones.

But, you’re right, the showers are kind of small, & lets not forget the dreaded shower curtains in lieu of sliding doors!

Do you know if all the rooms have hand held shower heads? Especially interested in the interior ones.  Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, rollingjay said:

Do you know if all the rooms have hand held shower heads? Especially interested in the interior ones.  Thanks. 

I don't know.  Seems - from what others have said - the Grand Class ships don't.  Others may know more.  I would look at ship photos of the specific ship you will be sailing on.  Maybe others can answer here?

On 8/28/2019 at 7:30 AM, MishelleMcc said:

I've only been studying Grand Princess because we are sailing on her in December and they do not have them.  I don't know about other/newer ships.  Can anyone else offer any information?

You need to contact Princess and ask for one. The information about this is buried somewhere in one of the FAQ pages.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:55 PM, MishelleMcc said:

Shhhhh, don't tell everyone but you can request a hand held shower in your cabin before you cruise and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom!!!

See the review below:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=658495

I requested one once.  Never again, what a joke!  they unscrewed the regular shower head and attached one with the flexible hose.  Too bad there was nothing to attach the shower head to.  You had to hold it all the time.  When not in use it just rested on the shower floor.  More trouble than it was worth.

• Haha 1