When are GTY/Guarantee cabins issued?

swdke

1 minute ago, Eastern flygirl said:

We received our cabin assignment,  #8525, about ten days ago.  Now, if the weather is good, we are all set.  

How far in advance of the sailing date was that?

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Being able to book a GTY on a cruise so far out is already an anomaly, so getting the assignment so early is unusual as well.

I would agree, and especially being able to book a GTY for 3 or 4 people.   In the past we were never able to book a GTY for more than 2.  Times must be changing.

They aren't offering the GTY for 3 or 4 anymore (for our sailing).   Glad we booked when we did.

Update! Just checked prices for my Nov 16 sailing on Symphony and was able to

upgrade to a Ocean View Balcony 9th floor and I got to pick my room.  I had originally upgraded to a  GTY Neighborhood Balcony from Promenade view . This upgrade had a price drop and it cost me only $15 for the oceanview balcony. Score!!!!! So now

I don’t have to wait to see what room they will assign me.  If I can only get a lower price on my Deluxe Drink package.  🤔🤔

1 minute ago, frozenice12 said:

Update! Just checked prices for my Nov 16 sailing on Symphony and was able to

upgrade to a Ocean View Balcony 9th floor and I got to pick my room.  I had originally upgraded to a  GTY Neighborhood Balcony from Promenade view . This upgrade had a price drop and it cost me only $15 for the oceanview balcony. Score!!!!! So now

I don’t have to wait to see what room they will assign me.  If I can only get a lower price on my Deluxe Drink package.  🤔🤔

Excellent outcome!

23 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Update! Just called C&A this morning for my Nov 10 sailing on Allure and was able to

upgrade from interior to the last central park view balcony cabin on deck 11,  great location too.I did not have to pay any extra.😀

Great news!  Where can I find the number for C&A?

23 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Update! Just called C&A this morning for my Nov 10 sailing on Allure and was able to

upgrade from interior to the last central park view balcony cabin on deck 11,  great location too.I did not have to pay any extra.😀

Edited by mcgore83
Double quote

We are 4 weeks 2 days out from our second week of a B2B and have just had our cabin assigned.  The first week we are in a 4 B balcony deck 10 on Adventure and now our second week a 3 B on deck 7. We are not connecting, aft of the main elevators as is our first week  and I am very pleased with our cabin.  The only issue will be moving all of our stuff down 3 floors while everyone else is getting off.  The cabins are literally about in the same place just 3 decks apart.

We will continue to wait to see about our bids but if we don’t get any of them I will be very happy how this turned out.

Booked 3 weeks ago...ship has been sold out but for one Suite for over a week. 6 days to go and no cabin assignment! I just checked luggage tags hoping to gain some insight and they are blank as well!  Still just praying for someplace above deck 3!  

• 2 months later...

To those of you who often book a guarantee cabin, what is the earliest you have ever been assigned a cabin number?

We have an upcoming balcony guarantee and I know I may not find out cabin number until at the port (worst case). However,

with a couple months to go before cruise I am curious to everybody else's experience.

Thank you in advance.

• Clarea changed the title to Cabin Guarantee Assignment
22 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We've been assigned a guarantee stateroom the day after we booked.

I remember Ellen (IIRC) posting that she received her allocation while the cabin was still on hold  (a few years ago when you could put holds on cabins), which certainly no longer applies.  

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I remember Ellen (IIRC) posting that she received her allocation while the cabin was still on hold  (a few years ago when you could put holds on cabins), which certainly no longer applies.  

No more courtesy holds at all on RC's website?  I thought some cruises were still eligible.