What is the current content of the Elite mini bar set up

4x4bob

6 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

On my last cruise they did the swap as asked when we were out of the room, but, they neglected to take the booze that was in my cabin. I rectified it the next day by swapping it all again for Gin. Ended up with 16 bottles of Gin 🙂 (save your snarky comments, i someone would have got in trouble if I reported it. I figure I saved a job.) 

Not being snarky but I would have just left it there.  That way no one would have gotten in trouble and I could return it. 

Coral Princess:  I requested a swap of any of the small liquor bottles other than the Vodka for Crown Royal or Canadian Club.  Not available.

How about a swap of tonic water for a can of Bloody Mary Mix?  Not available.

I tried to do this through my Stateroom Stewardess.  She, I believe, requested it through whatever channels.  Should I have "elevated" my request for a swap to a "higher level" than my Stateroom Stewardess?

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I have fairly certain thatPrincess does not have Crown Royal or Canadian Club in small bottles you will not be able to swap.  They do not have Rum either.

I doubt that Princess has small cans of Bloody Mary mix.

And, why might that be?  Every plane on which I have flown has had either CC or Crown Royal and a Bloody Mary mix.  And, that includes the regional jets on which I have flown.  If those small galleys can accommodate such, and a Princess ship's storeroom cannot?  

9 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

And, why might that be?  Every plane on which I have flown has had either CC or Crown Royal and a Bloody Mary mix.  And, that includes the regional jets on which I have flown.  If those small galleys can accommodate such, and a Princess ship's storeroom cannot?  

It might be because all the ship’s bars have larger bottles of all those items?

All the airlines that I have flown have small bottles only.  (Except for wine)

I would guess that Princess does not sell very many room service/mini bar items.  I know Celebrity stocks all the mini bars (for sales) and has a lot more options (small bottles) available.

23 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

It might be because all the ship’s bars have larger bottles of all those items?

Well, of course they do.  But, if the mini-bar is an Elite Guest perk, ought it not contain, within reasonable limits,  of course, what those guests request?

And, what about a can or two of a Bloody Mary mix?  How much storage room in the ship's storerooms would a case or two of that desired mix take?

The cans of soda available on the room service menu are Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, and ginger ale. Juices, including tomato juice, are just available on the room service menu by the glass. I've never ordered a bloody Mary from the room service menu, so I don't know how they deliver the Ubons bloody Mary mix. 

I feel so stupid right now asking this question, because I have been elite for 2 cruises. I thought the "complimentary set up" meant just that...that they "set it up" for you with your favorites. Since we never purchase from the mini bar I have been following my normal habit of asking them to remove the mini bar items so I can chill my wine and water. Are the items in the complimentary set up actually free? Also, if the answer is yes, please break it to me easy. I spent a lot of money on whiskey last cruise. 

1 hour ago, Peckishpixie said:

I feel so stupid right now asking this question, because I have been elite for 2 cruises. I thought the "complimentary set up" meant just that...that they "set it up" for you with your favorites. Since we never purchase from the mini bar I have been following my normal habit of asking them to remove the mini bar items so I can chill my wine and water. Are the items in the complimentary set up actually free? Also, if the answer is yes, please break it to me easy. I spent a lot of money on whiskey last cruise. 

OK here comes the easy answer

Elites get one complimentary (free) mini bar set up no matter what cabin that they are in.

You can call Room Service and discuss exchanging some of the items that they provide if you want something else as long as it is the same size and price.  Such as asking to have the bottles replaced with Whiskey if that is what you like. 

Some passengers exchange the mini bar set up for two coffee cards or two bottles of wine.  

Remember, learning little life's lessons like this is part of the adventure of going on a cruise.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

OK here comes the easy answer

Elites get one complimentary (free) mini bar set up no matter what cabin that they are in.

You can call Room Service and discuss exchanging some of the items that they provide if you want something else as long as it is the same size and price.  Such as asking to have the bottles replaced with Whiskey if that is what you like. 

Some passengers exchange the mini bar set up for two coffee cards or two bottles of wine.  

Remember, learning little life's lessons like this is part of the adventure of going on a cruise.

Bob

Thank you Bob. I am so in the habit of asking to have my mini bar emptied it didn't even occur to me that that I could drink the whole mini bar for free! I wonder why neither of my room stewards batted an eye when I gave up all that free stuff. I feel a little stupid. At least now that I know I will be having more fun for less on my April cruise!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

I saw your following post to this one:  one bottle of wine rather than two.  Not aware of this option or I would I have done so.

I simply find it impossible to think what corporate thinking is when a larger selection of small bottles of different brands of liquor are not made available for Princess' most appreciated guests:  the Captain's Circle's Elites.  Airlines First/Business/Economy Class galleys have a wider selection and a Princess ship's storerooms do not? 

On 9/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, Peckishpixie said:

How do we know what is available for swapping? 

Just ask Room Service when you call them for the service.

For several years now, the mini bar has come empty unless you receive it as an included perk.

This is me : ) breaking it to you gently... 

Next cruise you can have 10 small bottles of whiskey! : )

Plus 10 any non-alcoholic on their list.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 9:23 PM, rkacruiser said:

Well, of course they do.  But, if the mini-bar is an Elite Guest perk, ought it not contain, within reasonable limits,  of course, what those guests request?

And, what about a can or two of a Bloody Mary mix?  How much storage room in the ship's storerooms would a case or two of that desired mix take?

Try Room Service. They may deliver some in a glass. I've heard of people ordering juice, lemons/limes for cocktails. Ensure of success rate. I've carried juice back after breakfast.

10 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

Try Room Service. They may deliver some in a glass. I've heard of people ordering juice, lemons/limes for cocktails. Ensure of success rate. I've carried juice back after breakfast.

I appreciate your thoughts using Room Service and I will admit that I had not thought of that.  But, if an Elite Captain's Circle Guest cannot get a mini-bar set-up that the guest desires, that "benefit" is diminished