What is the current content of the Elite mini bar set up

4x4bob

With Princess making constant changes (read cut backs) what is the current make up of the Elite Mini bar set up?  Input from someone who has just sailed and received such set up will be appreciated. 

Thanks

Bob

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

On the Island this summer, they were out of Courvoisier and doubled up on the whiskey. I traded it in for gin, so it didn't matter. 

same for the Grand in March and later in August.

Swapping what for what?

This may be a good place to mention this.  Our last trip was our first Elite (yay) and we got our mini-bar on schedule. I knew we could trade the booze for beer and so forth, but was surprised that they wanted a play-by-play on the phone of WHAT I was trading for what.

So, on that phone call on busy embarkation day, be ready with specifics.  As I recall, I could get Bud Light as a beer choice, so my order might have included trading Dos Equis for Bud light as well as naming each booze bottle pair.  Likewise trade the 2 Coke for Diet Cokes etc.

The delay in getting the stuff swapped was multiple hours, and, as I recall, they said that I did not need to be present in the room for the swap. --   

Thanks for those photos, they will allow me to prepare my swap list well in advance and have it ready to read on my next cruise.  

• Haha 1

Unbelievable as it may seem, the mini bar pic I posted from this week's cruise on the Royal is already outdated. Today we start a new cruise on the Royal and I didn't get Diet Cokes this time around. In their place we had tonic water. So be prepared to find something different from cruise to cruise!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, idahospud said:

The only ship we've ever had Diet Cokes pop up on has been the Royal. Maybe four or five times now? Even last week but not this one. Go figure.

I wonder if you asked to trade something for the Diet Coke if they would give it to you? Thank you so much for your photos! 

20 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I wonder if you asked to trade something for the Diet Coke if they would give it to you? Thank you so much for your photos! 

Yes they will. I always get rid of tonic/quinine or any diet sodas. 

Had diet a couple of times in the mini bar.

• Like 1

I'm an over-planner and I knew from my Mom what we would get, so on our last cruise, I had a printout of exactly what we wanted to swap.  I gave it to the room steward and he took care of it.  He appreciated having it written down.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, knippsel said:

Last time on the Grand, our wonderful steward had his own form for us to fill out with what we wished to swap. That was a first!

so did the steward make the actual swap out, or did he/she just pass on the info to room service ?

On my last cruise they did the swap as asked when we were out of the room, but, they neglected to take the booze that was in my cabin. I rectified it the next day by swapping it all again for Gin. Ended up with 16 bottles of Gin 🙂 (save your snarky comments, i someone would have got in trouble if I reported it. I figure I saved a job.) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2019 at 7:14 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We've been successful at trading in the cans of sodas for any can of soda available through room service. DH likes ginger ale, so that's what we usually get for the Cokes.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1