Sunrise- Wait time in food lines ?

cruisequeen4ever

Many reviews of the Sunrise have indicated long waits in line for food. “Long” can be so subjective, so could those who have sailed on the Sunrise please give some examples of how long you waited in line...at the buffet? For a Guy’s burger? For a burrito at the Blue Iguana? For BBQ at the Pig and Anchor? Was it 5 minutes? 10 people? 30 minutes? 50 people? 

Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

The longest wait we noticed was at the deli, all others seemed normal for Carnival ship lunch crowds.  One more point, for breakfast on lido. They had 4 extra omelet stations which made that almost painless.  The easiest was Sea Food Shack, and also Lucky Bowl, and Cucina...and a 4th I cannot remember in addition to the centered ones at the deli lines.

• Like 1

I wonder if they are going to have to have pre orders.  At the deli or pizza similar to Cucina where you place your order, then pick up when ready.  One thing that TOTALLY ANNOYS ME and I have experienced on many ships: wait in line let's say at the deli and just before your turn the guy in front of you gestures to his cruise mates waiting at a table and all of a sudden you don't have one person ahead of you, but 6!  😠

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

One thing that TOTALLY ANNOYS ME and I have experienced on many ships: wait in line let's say at the deli and just before your turn the guy in front of you gestures to his cruise mates waiting at a table and all of a sudden you don't have one person ahead of you, but 6!  😠

it annoys me more so then the line cutters

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it annoys me more so then the line cutters

It is SO RUDE and amazes me that people can even THINK of doing it.  One time I actually stood my ground and someone who was "summoned" to take his place nudged me out of the way.  

• Like 1

I thought the worst line was the full buffet line at breakfast. I don't eat omelets, so for me it was either the full line - where they have cereal - or the "express" line, where I could get fruit and/or bacon. DH had very little wait for his omelet, so if you like them it's the way to go. One of the problems with the buffet was people who simply couldn't keep the line moving.

Lunch - Lucky Bowl was very good and the line moved quickly. Guy's as well. DH tried the deli line, but it didn't move and he gave up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

...wait in line let's say at the deli and just before your turn the guy in front of you gestures to his cruise mates waiting at a table and all of a sudden you don't have one person ahead of you, but 6!  😠

These are the scenarios where I like to use my rather intimidating appearance to make sure everyone plays by the same rules. I'm 6'9, a rather cut 285 lbs with tattoos, shaved head, beard and look like your prototypical 1% biker (for reference, I'm not); a bit like Dusty Hill from ZZ Top.

Their friends can wait, like the rest of us did; at the back of the line.

Since Carnival is known as the Fun cruise line, I think they should have "Fun Police", who are there to enforce common courtesy and politeness, so everyone can enjoy the same amount of fun. Those like the elevator crashers, chair hogs, line cutters, seat savers, etc all get put back into their place in humanity and their self-entitlement is ruined by social embarrassment.

Edited by Sean_B
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Many reviews of the Sunrise have indicated long waits in line for food. “Long” can be so subjective, so could those who have sailed on the Sunrise please give some examples of how long you waited in line...at the buffet? For a Guy’s burger? For a burrito at the Blue Iguana? For BBQ at the Pig and Anchor? Was it 5 minutes? 10 people? 30 minutes? 50 people? 

Thank you! 

The buffet at breakfast is super congested but there are many satelite offerings ie cucina, seafood shack where often the wait is alot less. Only at breakfast

20 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Thank you! 

The asian soup line was extremely quick and very good. Pizza and deli took FOREVER!!!!

• Like 1

I did not care for the Asian soup place "Lucky Bowl". Guys burgers and guys bbque were both pretty quick as well as blue iguana. The quervo ranchero (not spelled right) at Blue Iguana was better then the one at sea day brunch. The past place was free and good for lunch and for dinner was very good and very reasonably priced for what you got. Took one look at buffet lines each day for lunch and said no way was I standing in line. 

This was the 14 day journey cruise from NYC partial Panama cruise.

Laura

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sean_B said:

These are the scenarios where I like to use my rather intimidating appearance to make sure everyone plays by the same rules. I'm 6'9, a rather cut 285 lbs with tattoos, shaved head, beard and look like your prototypical 1% biker (for reference, I'm not); a bit like Dusty Hill from ZZ Top.

Their friends can wait, like the rest of us did; at the back of the line.

Since Carnival is known as the Fun cruise line, I think they should have "Fun Police", who are there to enforce common courtesy and politeness, so everyone can enjoy the same amount of fun. Those like the elevator crashers, chair hogs, line cutters, seat savers, etc all get put back into their place in humanity and their self-entitlement is ruined by social embarrassment.

Well, Sean, if we are ever on the same cruise, I hope I stand in front of or behind you in a line!  I am 4'11" if I put shoes on and between 110-115 lbs PRE CRUISE (lol) and am also very shy about speaking up and sticking up for myself.  So most ppl will be able to get away with what they do.  I do shoot daggers with my eyes and have been known to clear my throat very loudly at unacceptable behavior, but otherwise I am a push over.  I agree there should be someone to watch out for all the unfair things pax do, but I don't think that will happen in my lifetime.  Just seems a shame some ppl don't have common courtesy.  

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Well, Sean, if we are ever on the same cruise, I hope I stand in front of or behind you in a line!  I am 4'11" if I put shoes on and between 110-115 lbs PRE CRUISE (lol) and am also very shy about speaking up and sticking up for myself.  So most ppl will be able to get away with what they do.  I do shoot daggers with my eyes and have been known to clear my throat very loudly at unacceptable behavior, but otherwise I am a push over.  I agree there should be someone to watch out for all the unfair things pax do, but I don't think that will happen in my lifetime.  Just seems a shame some ppl don't have common courtesy.  

LOL Karen, it would be my pleasure. My wife is also "fun-sized and portable" at 5' tall and 105. 

You can do it girl! Stick up for yourself.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 10:26 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

Thank you! 

Breakfast buffet 10 minutes, pizza 10 minutes, Guys 1-2 minutes, Pig and Anchor 1-2 minutes, blue iguana 5 minutes, lunch buffet 5 minutes. There are numerous other options for breakfast that even a 10 minute wait isn’t necessary. 

The waits are exaggerated by some. 

Edited by RRLLAL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sean_B said:

LOL Karen, it would be my pleasure. My wife is also "fun-sized and portable" at 5' tall and 105. 

You can do it girl! Stick up for yourself.

Well, there's an idea. We will all have to cruise together and whenever your DW or I have to stand on line, you will have to be in front of us or behind us.  I have just never been able to tell people off.  So there you have it, folks.  Anyone sees me on a ship, go ahead and relax on a lounge chair reading your book, have a drink....heck, play a round of Black Jack if you want, then just get right in front of me who has been waiting on line for 30 minutes to get a turkey sandwich!  I will be on Sunrise on October 6th.  I fully intend to have a wonderful cruise whether the lines are short, long, or longer than they were short a few seconds before!!! 

• Like 1