Classic Bev perk up-gradeable?

Ferry_Watcher

HI, I have a Classic Beverage Package perk on a spring 2020 cruise.  I know that Celebrity will occasionally offer upgrade sales.  Since my beverage package is a 'free' perk, would I still be able to take advantage of any beverage upgrade offers between now and my cruise?  Any idea when Celebrity traditionally offers these upgrades or package sales?  i.e, Black Friday, etc?  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

HI, I have a Classic Beverage Package perk on a spring 2020 cruise.  I know that Celebrity will occasionally offer upgrade sales.  Since my beverage package is a 'free' perk, would I still be able to take advantage of any beverage upgrade offers between now and my cruise?  Any idea when Celebrity traditionally offers these upgrades or package sales?  i.e, Black Friday, etc?  Thanks!

You can upgrade anytime you want at $10 + 20% gratuity. When they have the sales on the beverage package it doesn't carry over to the price of the upgrade, that still remains $10 + 20% (I've called and tried and always told no)

15 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

A year ago I would have said yes but I'm also on a Feb 2020 cruise and have not yet seen any upgrade promos. I got a notice of the new Premium Perks package at a discounted rate but Celebrity would not allow me to upgrade my Classic perk to this package when I called.

12 minutes ago, snyniew said:

You can upgrade anytime you want at $10 + 20% gratuity. When they have the sales on the beverage package it doesn't carry over to the price of the upgrade, that still remains $10 + 20% (I've called and tried and always told no)

Math is not my strong suit, so please be patient with my follow-up question.  :  )        If I am on an 8 night cruise, each of us would be charged an additional $80.  Would the 20% gratuity be on the $80, or the value of the total beverage package perk ($475 + $80 = $555). 

Trying to figure out most economical way to go.  Husband likes good beer, we usually have a latte each morning, and I like the martini bar.

I kow that I had the Classic Package on a 10 day cruise.

On embarkation they offered to upgrade to Premium all 10 days for the price of 8 days.

From what I have been told you may be able to bargain with staff who are offering the upgrades for a better price.

CAUTION: If you don't absolutely need the upgrade, don't do it, it depends on if you desire top shelf alcohol or not.

47 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Math is not my strong suit, so please be patient with my follow-up question.  :  )        If I am on an 8 night cruise, each of us would be charged an additional $80.  Would the 20% gratuity be on the $80, or the value of the total beverage package perk ($475 + $80 = $555). 

Trying to figure out most economical way to go.  Husband likes good beer, we usually have a latte each morning, and I like the martini bar.

It will be on the upgrade price of $80.  I'd suggest waiting a day and seeing if you can get by with the classic, as you can upgrade at any time.

Last year I had the Classic package as a perk, and when there was a sale on the upgrade price (before sailing), I was able to upgrade for the sale price. The gratuity was only on the additional amount I paid.  I think the sale was 20% off.

2 hours ago, gordiej said:

Will they let only one passenger upgrade to the premium package, or do they require both pax in a cabin?

When you select a perk both passengers in the cabin have to select the same perk.  But you can upgrade just one package to premium if you want.  Both passengers don't have to upgrade.

On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

I am on the 15 day r/t Hawaii next month..I have as a perk the Classic..when there was a sale I upgraded for 50% off, $5.00 per day plus gratuity, for a total of 88.50 per person ..wait for a sale. 

What is the major disadvantage for having the classic package? Like can you get classic drinks at the Martini bar? Do people who had the classic package feel like they were missing out?

I have the option on cruise planner to upgrade at £9.84 per person per day. I have also heard that I could wait till boarding and get two days free? So my thinking is two Martini’s at $15 per day would pay for the upgrade. 

New to cruising and my head hurts with all the options lol. 

16 minutes ago, AndyMandy said:

What is the major disadvantage for having the classic package? Like can you get classic drinks at the Martini bar? Do people who had the classic package feel like they were missing out?

I have the option on cruise planner to upgrade at £9.84 per person per day. I have also heard that I could wait till boarding and get two days free? So my thinking is two Martini’s at $15 per day would pay for the upgrade. 

New to cruising and my head hurts with all the options lol. 

We have had many cruises happily lubricated on the Classic plan many times and never had an upcharge. We aren't martini fans, but you can just pay the difference if you are. The fancy martinis at the Martini bar are extra, but you can get some smaller sized ones at other bars included.  If you upgrade on board (should you decide you need to) the staff member from whom you purchase it gets a bonus and will likely remember and take special care of you. I'd suggest trying the Classic and seeing if it meets your desires.

18 minutes ago, denatravels said:

I was just looking on celebrity’s website. Can you still get coffee and sodas on classic package?  Last time you could, but now it says that is premium 

Yes you can get both. We enjoy cappuccinos after dinner and breakfast as well as other specialty coffees and have had the Classic. I enjoy iced lattes with whipped cream in the afternoons from Café Al Bacio.  DH is a soda drinker and gets Coke, 7 Up or Ginger ale (his go to drinks) all on Classic. The X website is confusing and many times inaccurate.