Where are the desserts ?

mcatmcat

50 minutes ago, SRF said:

I find the cakes to be some what tasteless.

But the cookies are good.  As is the bread pudding.

Maybe the cookies are good. But, for some reason, when I spend several thousand dollars on a cruise I expect I'll be having something other for dessert that what I can buy in the cookie aisle at Stop & Shop.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe the cookies are good. But, for some reason, when I spend several thousand dollars on a cruise I expect I'll be having something other for dessert that what I can buy in the cookie aisle at Stop & Shop.

Maybe because others are paying several hundred from their cruise.

And that the cruise fare covers more than the desserts.

You can always move up to one of the luxury lines.

I am always amazed, people want luxury line experience at mass market pricing.

50 minutes ago, SRF said:

Have you actually priced a 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise lately?  Where, pray tell, are you finding them for several hundred?   

Wanting something decent for dessert other than cookies is expecting luxury line experience at mass market pricing?  Really?   Wow.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Maybe the OP got the time wrong???  BUT, we were on the Elation and Breeze this year, we found the lunch buffet to be really lacking in variety/selection/quality.  We tried the deli twice, I got a turkey sandwich that had just two thin slices of turkey, very lacking in the meat, like eating just bread, it was a disgrace!!  I do have to be honest, during lunch, the only thing that I was eating were three pieces of cake because I didn't care for what was offered on the buffet!  The cakes were AMAZING...I don't eat cake, but there was nothing good offered I have to eat cake lol.  There was NO daily meat carving offered on the Breeze other than embarkation.  We are avid cruisers, I been on 92 cruises so far and my other half said he would not cruse carnival again....I have to cancel our October sailing on the Mardi Gras as he doesn't want to go back to Carnival and I can't blame him.  We also cruise RC alot and now going to check out Celebrity in December.  Its a shame, but Carnival is cutting even more and more each month and its just not for us.

Celebrity is a premium massmarket line. I am not much into desserts, but food overall is much better than on massmarket lines. If you are Diamond on RC you will have a blast on X. They have nice Elite benefits including shorter Happy Hours, but great Elite breakfast at Tuscany restaurant.

1 hour ago, ryano said:

Have you actually priced a 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise lately?  Where, pray tell, are you finding them for several hundred?   

Wanting something decent for dessert other than cookies is expecting luxury line experience at mass market pricing?  Really?   Wow.

Yes, there is a Grandeur on Nov that is $349 per person. 😄

I did not say that cookies were the only thing that was good.  And definitely that they were not the only thing available.  The bread pudding is good.  Some of the creamy desserts are also good.

Then there is ice cream.

This is in WJ, MDR has other choices.

I just don't find the cakes to taste as good as I would expect.

Oh, and the pies are pretty good also.

3 hours ago, SRF said:

And that the cruise fare covers more than the desserts.

You can always move up to one of the luxury lines.

I am always amazed, people want luxury line experience at mass market pricing.

Give me a break. Yeah, a luxury line if you want something decent, other than cookies, for dessert. You are always amazed.... wow.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Maybe the OP got the time wrong???  BUT, we were on the Elation and Breeze this year, we found the lunch buffet to be really lacking in variety/selection/quality.  We tried the deli twice, I got a turkey sandwich that had just two thin slices of turkey, very lacking in the meat, like eating just bread, it was a disgrace!!  I do have to be honest, during lunch, the only thing that I was eating were three pieces of cake because I didn't care for what was offered on the buffet!  The cakes were AMAZING...I don't eat cake, but there was nothing good offered I have to eat cake lol.  There was NO daily meat carving offered on the Breeze other than embarkation.  We are avid cruisers, I been on 92 cruises so far and my other half said he would not cruse carnival again....I have to cancel our October sailing on the Mardi Gras as he doesn't want to go back to Carnival and I can't blame him.  We also cruise RC alot and now going to check out Celebrity in December.  Its a shame, but Carnival is cutting even more and more each month and its just not for us.

I could live on their Melting Chocolate Cake..... 😋

On 9/21/2019 at 3:05 AM, mcatmcat said:

A67AEB73-78AA-460F-A941-E14F0AE95664.thumb.jpeg.a52f9ed7197fd70f6ee58fefc5faa928.jpegOmg I really like royal Caribbean I’m not the person complaining about the food or anything like that but im

now on the Navigators and the desserts section is basically empty. I know is day 1 but this is the first time I see this  

EDEA8206-F2E2-4EEF-9F53-613EB1D3AD11.jpeg

5B4EFC8C-74D5-48E6-8DE1-3BA9D4E0C146.jpeg

7F915F6A-DB61-4F4C-8116-BCAE57D5BFD7.jpeg

29D79C45-7E72-4505-ACAB-CFAA1F9250CD.jpeg

so i guess all the fresh produce had just been loaded and would take time to get distributed from storage ? what was day two like ?