Where are the desserts ?

mcatmcat

A67AEB73-78AA-460F-A941-E14F0AE95664.thumb.jpeg.a52f9ed7197fd70f6ee58fefc5faa928.jpegOmg I really like royal Caribbean I’m not the person complaining about the food or anything like that but im

now on the Navigators and the desserts section is basically empty. I know is day 1 but this is the first time I see this  

EDEA8206-F2E2-4EEF-9F53-613EB1D3AD11.jpeg

5B4EFC8C-74D5-48E6-8DE1-3BA9D4E0C146.jpeg

7F915F6A-DB61-4F4C-8116-BCAE57D5BFD7.jpeg

29D79C45-7E72-4505-ACAB-CFAA1F9250CD.jpeg

24 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

What did the staff in the WJ have to say about it?

There are bringing more but they are lying we have been in the windjammer for half and hour - we r sailing today pics were taken at 12:49pm but I noticed they were gone by 12:25pm

Edited by mcatmcat

32 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It's called cutbacks. 😁

BTW, I don't really call them desserts. Royal just tries to make us think they are. 

Couldn't agree more. The donuts and pastry on Anthem in June were stale by my standards which are not set high for cruise ship buffets. They are usually just tasteless. I guess I shouldn't complaint stale at least gives them some substance. These cruise lines are making it harder and harder to gain my standard 7 lbs for a 7 day cruise. I think my doctor is in on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I have heard they will eliminate all desserts in 2021 and will give $1 OBC per cabin - YEAH! 👍

Seems like they already eliminated serving coffee with the frozen Sara Lee cakes and the instant custard Creme' Brûlée' desserts in the MDR so $1 OBC would be an improvement.  

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I really don’t like the desserts in the Windjammer and MDR...

Oh I suspect you might not be in the minority. But if you are I am there with you. Most of them are just tasteless.

• Like 1

The last couple cruises I may have had a dessert only twice on each sailing.

Over the years they have become lame.

Besides, some of them I never have anyway when dining out at home...................just never enticed me.

On the other hand if one offered me  cherry vanilla ice cream with heath chocolate bars mixed in, that I would have to tolerate 🙂

Safe travels.

12 hours ago, time4u2go said:

At 12:25?

Maybe the OP got the time wrong???  BUT, we were on the Elation and Breeze this year, we found the lunch buffet to be really lacking in variety/selection/quality.  We tried the deli twice, I got a turkey sandwich that had just two thin slices of turkey, very lacking in the meat, like eating just bread, it was a disgrace!!  I do have to be honest, during lunch, the only thing that I was eating were three pieces of cake because I didn't care for what was offered on the buffet!  The cakes were AMAZING...I don't eat cake, but there was nothing good offered I have to eat cake lol.  There was NO daily meat carving offered on the Breeze other than embarkation.  We are avid cruisers, I been on 92 cruises so far and my other half said he would not cruse carnival again....I have to cancel our October sailing on the Mardi Gras as he doesn't want to go back to Carnival and I can't blame him.  We also cruise RC alot and now going to check out Celebrity in December.  Its a shame, but Carnival is cutting even more and more each month and its just not for us.

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I really don’t like the desserts in the Windjammer and MDR...

Trust me you are not in the minority and is opinion is also Popular on the Celebrity and Princess boards. The only desert I truly enjoyed were the strawberry scones in Cafe 270. I had one every afternoon with a blended coffee while viewing the wake. It was my favorite time of the day. 

I think the choices for dessert in the MDR are pitiful. Most are the same night to night. I’ve mentioned in at least the last three post cruise surveys. If they can “fix” the pizza at Sorrento’s, how about some decent desserts? 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, CTCruiser76 said:

We were just discussing desserts in the MDR from our last cruise and the only one that we actually liked, was the kids Banana Split.....all other were just bland and lacked flavor. 

agree