Up sell offer

Signet

I received an up sell offer to a full suite earlier this week. Although not a super deal, it was good enough for me to want to take advantage of the offer. So I call me TA, the same day I received the e-mail offer.  They had to leave a message with Princess, so I waited until the next evening, called my TA back. They said they have not heard back yet ,and it could take up to 48 hours. So I waited, called back the next evening, still no word from Princess. My TA gave me the phone number and extension to call. I called Princess,  same thing had to leave a message. It has now been just shy of one week since the up sell offer. No reply from Princess as of this morning. I have checked and there are still suites available on my scheduled cruise.  I have never experienced  a company that wanted more of my money, but when notified of my acceptance of the offer, never call or e-mail back, either my TA or myself.  Is this normal? Make an up sell offer then ignore the attempt to purchase it?

I have always received a call back even if it was not available any more.  I would call back again.  Make sure you leave the information they want. Ship voyage number booking number ect.

Let us know if they ever call

• Like 1

The original e-mail from Princess was sent to my TA, who forwarded it to me. I did call my TA first, so they could handle it, and in return I would get additional OBC, from them due to the now higher cost of the cruise.  When they were not getting a reply from Princess, as stated above I called myself and had to leave a message. Of course I left all the appropriate info needed for Princess to contact me. But they still have not attempted contact with either myself or my TA.

There have been a total of 4 messages left for Princess (3 TA- 1 me).  I understand being busy, but it is now a business day short of a week and  no reply either way (up or down) for an offer they made to me.

Also they are still showing suites available on my cruise, so they did not run out of inventory. They just have not responded 

4 hours ago, Denmal said:

I have always received a call back even if it was not available any more.  I would call back again.  Make sure you leave the information they want. Ship voyage number booking number ect.

Let us know if they ever call

This has been my experience too.  Maybe a policy change?  Normally they will call back, even if the upsell is no longer available. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Signet said:

The original e-mail from Princess was sent to my TA, who forwarded it to me. I did call my TA first, so they could handle it, and in return I would get additional OBC, from them due to the now higher cost of the cruise.  When they were not getting a reply from Princess, as stated above I called myself and had to leave a message. Of course I left all the appropriate info needed for Princess to contact me. But they still have not attempted contact with either myself or my TA.

There have been a total of 4 messages left for Princess (3 TA- 1 me).  I understand being busy, but it is now a business day short of a week and  no reply either way (up or down) for an offer they made to me.

Also they are still showing suites available on my cruise, so they did not run out of inventory. They just have not responded 

They may have only needed to upgrade a few of your current category rooms.  For that offer, it doesn't matter how many suites they have available, it matters how many of your category that they have oversold and need to move up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Signet said:

I received an up sell offer to a full suite earlier this week. Although not a super deal, it was good enough for me to want to take advantage of the offer. So I call me TA, the same day I received the e-mail offer.  They had to leave a message with Princess, so I waited until the next evening, called my TA back. They said they have not heard back yet ,and it could take up to 48 hours. So I waited, called back the next evening, still no word from Princess. My TA gave me the phone number and extension to call. I called Princess,  same thing had to leave a message. It has now been just shy of one week since the up sell offer. No reply from Princess as of this morning. I have checked and there are still suites available on my scheduled cruise.  I have never experienced  a company that wanted more of my money, but when notified of my acceptance of the offer, never call or e-mail back, either my TA or myself.  Is this normal? Make an up sell offer then ignore the attempt to purchase it?

Your problem was you had a travel agent and they did not treat it with a sense of urgency. Time is the essence when it comes to these and you need to be on the phone to Princess almost immediately after you get the email or someone else will get it. The travel agent probably put it in their pile of things to do and got to it in turn by which time the upgrade was probably already given to another passenger.

I have had full upgrades like this to suites before and they are well worth it.

• Like 2

I have a TA who forwards the offer to me and I call directly immediately.  She would handle it if I asked but I just take care of it myself.  They have generally called back within a couple of hours but if I don't hear back it's generally a sign that they have had enough folks accepting the upsell offers.  By the way, when we've succeeded in getting the upsell, our TA will settle up with us for the difference in discount later on.  We've never had a problem.

56 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

IIRC...I've seen posted on CC that once Princess has enough for the upsell, the message on the phone is something like: "thanks for calling, this offer is no longer available".

Is this correct?

I've heard a vm message like that when they have enough takers for moveover offers (or alternately if they are still needing folks to take those offers) but haven't heard a similar message for upsells.

18 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

Your problem was you had a travel agent and they did not treat it with a sense of urgency. Time is the essence when it comes to these and you need to be on the phone to Princess almost immediately after you get the email or someone else will get it. The travel agent probably put it in their pile of things to do and got to it in turn by which time the upgrade was probably already given to another passenger.

I have had full upgrades like this to suites before and they are well worth it.

You are presuming a lot ???🤔

Next time I’ll call directly, but my past experience with other cruise lines was if I had a travel agent I needed to go through the travel agent to make any changes to the cruise. And changing categories is certainly a change. Since Princess sent my TA the offer and not directly to me, my assumption was the rule still applied. It’s been 14 yrs since my last Princess and was not aware calling Princess directly would do me any good. Which by the way it didn’t do me any good calling directly either. They just have not replied to any voice mails from the TA, or myself.  I’ll give it one more try on Monday. If no reply, i’ll just keep the additional  money I was willing to pay Princess in my pocket. 

You are only supposed to call once not 5 times.

They even make a note of that on their recorded message.

FWIW we have always dealt with Princess directly on upgrades/upsells etc.

My TA always gets a notice and sometimes I get a duplicate one too.

She knows that they are time sensitive and lets me know as asap.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, Signet said:

I received an up sell offer to a full suite earlier this week. Although not a super deal, it was good enough for me to want to take advantage of the offer. So I call me TA, the same day I received the e-mail offer.  They had to leave a message with Princess, so I waited until the next evening, called my TA back.

the same day ... can you be more exact with the times you

1) got the email

2) called your TA " the same day "

3) and when , if you have any way of knowing, when the TA left the message with Princess

these things are super time sensitive ...