Are there internet perks for diamond?

bitsy123

1 minute ago, bitsy123 said:

Wondering if Royal still provides one free day of internet for diamond.?

If not,are there discounts available?  Thanks 

Still a free day.

Alternatively, you can use that amount off a package.  (it's not the exact same amount on every ship.  $23.99-25.99)

The free 24 hrs was actually extended on Explorer of the Seas. It should have expired at 08.00 but I went o line at 06.00 hoping to make the the most of my last 2 hrs, but I couldn’t make any connection.

i was in the dining room at 09.00 and I suddenly felt some e mails come in ( my phone was in my pocket).. This connection lasted for another couple of hours.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:16 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Still a free day.

Alternatively, you can use that amount off a package.  (it's not the exact same amount on every ship.  $23.99-25.99)

How do you get credit for the free day off a package?   Can you only do this if you purchase the Internet once on board?  Or can you get it if you purchase the Internet package on-line prior to the cruise?

3 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

How do you get credit for the free day off a package?   Can you only do this if you purchase the Internet once on board?  Or can you get it if you purchase the Internet package on-line prior to the cruise?

Only on board.

Also, you can only purchase one "account" per person.  

I like to share a multi-device package with others to get it at a cheaper rate for everyone (I've been averaging $7/day/device that way, which is very reasonable IMO).  On Mariner last week, I wanted to get one more device for the cruise and use my discount, and it wouldn't let me b/c I already had an internet account set up from my Cruise Planner purchase.  

I ended up going to the Voom desk and I had to buy the extra device's access through the account of my roommate (who was Gold), and then the Voom person manually applied the $24.99 credit later that night.   

If you haven't already purchased internet, it will ask you when you log in if you want your free day or your credit for a package. We have rarely used it lately since they started offering the 4 device deal for under $8 a day per device. We had a 10 night cruise last and we could stream Netflix or anything in our room in the evenings. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jep617 said:

With 2 diamond members sailing do they allow you to apply both Diamond internet credits to a package for 2 devices?

No, only one discount per package.  However you can apply two discounts to two one-device packages.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No, only one discount per package.  However you can apply two discounts to two one-device packages.

Got it and that's kind of what I thought. I appreciate the confirmation! 🙂

45 minutes ago, jep617 said:

With 2 diamond members sailing do they allow you to apply both Diamond internet credits to a package for 2 devices?

We find the best use is to apply 1 credit against a 24hr period, and then apply the 2nd credit to a package for the remaining duration of the cruise.

Of course the remaining duration package cost drops every day as the cruise progresses.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

We find the best use is to apply 1 credit against a 24hr period, and then apply the 2nd credit to a package for the remaining duration of the cruise.

Of course the remaining duration package cost drops every day as the cruise progresses.

Yes!!! I just did the math on what you mentioned and that is likely what we will do as well.

Thank you! 🙂

• Thanks 1