Carnival Glory

NMTraveller

Just now, NMTraveller said:

I was thinking about a cruise on Carnival Glory.  Your thoughts?  We have cruised Princes, Celebrity, HAL, and RC before, but not Carnival.  We were going to be in New Orleans anyways so why not cruise.

Carnival Glory was my first ever cruise, so it holds a special place in my heart. It will be a step down from the premium cruise lines you've mentioned, but still a very good cruise ship!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I was thinking about a cruise on Carnival Glory.  Your thoughts?  We have cruised Princes, Celebrity, HAL, and RC before, but not Carnival.  We were going to be in New Orleans anyways so why not cruise.

We have sailed Glory 5 times, my favorite ship. 

I sailed on the Glory earlier this year and it was my first time on Carnival. I have been on HAL, RCL, and NCL and we had a great cruise but I went in with expectations of a more budget experience. The Glory is not as well maintained as other cruise lines (comparing ships of similar age). I think if you go in with the correct expectations you will have a great time. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, jlabs03 said:

I sailed on the Glory earlier this year and it was my first time on Carnival. I have been on HAL, RCL, and NCL and we had a great cruise but I went in with expectations of a more budget experience. The Glory is not as well maintained as other cruise lines (comparing ships of similar age). I think if you go in with the correct expectations you will have a great time. 

That's true, We've sailed on the Glory 4 times, Feb.2019 was a journey's cruise. She needs a refurbishment bad. Furniture in public areas is worn out & the same for cabins. Tables on the Lido deck look dirty, I guess the finish has worn off. Food wasn't good either. I can say the best food I had was a sandwich from the deli. Cocktails were good. Shows were ok. A lot of the staff seem to care less about service especially guest services. 

What made this cruise was the group we travel with & the ports. I was truly disappointed with the ship....use to be my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruised on the Glory out of NOLA this summer and loved it.   Maybe I just don't notice if the chairs are worn, but I didn't see any of that stuff.   Just like on every one of the Carnival Cruises we've been on, the crew were all very friendly.   EVERYONE said hi with a smile as we passed them in the hallways.   Back on the Conquest at Christmas.   We've been on a number of the Conquest ships and they are all pretty much the same, just different themes for their decorating.  

On 9/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, NMTraveller said:

It is less than 90 days.  Do you suppose that they will drop the price more or is it time to book?  I am still in the thinking about it stage.  Thanks for all of the replys.

You are in the "Twilight Zone" for deciding to make the booking or not. Not a fun spot to be in. Waiting any longer IMO will not produce any additional price drops. Only price increases, as the ship fills up. BUT, not making the booking now, rather than later, you run the risk of the ship selling out. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I say book it now. And don't look back. 

We sailed on the Glory in Sept, and loved her.  The crew is amazingly friendly, and we didn't notice any wear and tear that would affect our enjoyment of our cruise.  Yes, she's an older ship, but the crew still takes pride in keeping things clean and welcoming.