Business Class using EZ Air

RestonCruiser

The process is no different than booking coach. Just select business class in the selection boxes. To get an idea go to the Princess web site. Select Plan a Cruise & Find Cruises. Find the cruise you are planning to take as if it is going to be a new booking. Select Cruise Details. Then at the top of the page select Flight Quotes. You can easily see the current Business Class fares. If your cruise is more than 300 days out the fares will not be available. Select another cruise closer to today's date to get an idea.

Business Class fares within North America are not so good. The fares to other locations seem to be more favorable.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

Not sure if the process is any different than what you have done before. I am using EZ air for the first time for a cruise in March. I went to EZ air site, you have to change the class to business or first class. I have noticed that different airlines call it different things depending on the flight etc. Some ( like United) usually call it business and American is usually first class- If you do a search under business class and it shows nothing available change it to first class and vice versa.  

• Like 1

Have booked business and/or first class multiple times using EZ Air with no problems.  As others have said, process is the same as if booking coach/economy fares.  Would suggest however you keep an eye on your booking as changes do happen from time to time and for whatever reason I have not always rvcd notification of the changes and only found out by looking at booking.  Also, while the fares are generally very good using EZ Air it never hurts to keep checking that via both the airlines as well as EZ Air as several times I have found lower fares and rebooked.

We leave today for Barcelona using Delta One (Business Class) that we booked through EZAir as soon as flights were available (about 330 days out). Fare was less than half of what it was booking directly through airline.  I checked fare often but it was never lower than I originally booked.  Very easy to book through Princess site.

• Like 1

We have been flying business class for about five years and Ezair prices are much better than with the airline.   I would suggest you select your choice as soon as they become available.  You can always cancel up to final payment if you find something better.  Over the last three years , the lowest price was booking the day they became available.   I check almost daily and the prices have never come down.

We looked into Business Class several times on international itineraries, but seemed like it was only available on the shorter domestic flights, and not on the long overseas flights where it would have been the most useful.  Consequently, we ended up in Sardine Class, as usual:(

We just booked business class for next August.  One way flight was much less than half price, had we booked directly with the airlines.  Worth it to note that we booked the first day flights became available.  A few days later, the price had already gone up (still cheaper than the airlines however).  DEFINITELY cheaper through EZAir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thanks for the info;  I have a cruise next Oct; but airfare won't be avail until next month.

If you’re not aware of it when flying roundtrip you have to wait until your return flight is available.  It’s been my experience that flights were available beginning about 330 days in advance although it now shows 300 days.  Although I’d still begin checking 330 days in advance because as High C’s experienced airfares can quickly increase by waiting.

Air will become available for this cruise approximately 300 days prior to departure.

We always fly First domestically and book through EZ Air.  For international flights, we've found the prices to be better for our particular So. Cal. departures if we book through the airline with our Chase British Airways Visa.  You get 10% off your total flight price.  For example, your flight for 2 is $8500, you get an automatic $850 discount using the promo code CHASE10.  With that discount, the price is lower than anything I've found on EZ Air or anywhere else.

Just booked ez air from denver to athens, greece.  It cost me for first/business $1500.  If I had booked the second leg, EWR to Athens alone with the airline, just that portion would have cost me $9000!  Yes,  $9000.  I am now of the age if I have to do over 4-5 hours I will do EZair and always book First/Bus.  Can mentally pay EZ air prices for the comfort, just not the individual airlines' prices!

Pooh

7 hours ago, RestonCruiser said:

We have used EZ Air many times but never for business class. Can anyone tell me about the process and any good results?

Business (or First) Class fares through EZ Air are almost always much better than pricing through the airlines.  I can honestly say that I cannot remember any time when that was not the case when talking international flights.

For example, we are booked on a December cruise out of Rome.  The price from Alitalia from JFK is $2496 for Premium Economy, or $7641 for Business, both one way.  

Our deal through EZ Air, Delta from Phoenix to JFK, then Alitalia JFK to Rome, is $1276 for the entire one way routing.  When we originally booked, the fare was $1551 pp, but subsequently we found lower prices on the Princess site.

My advice is to book as early as you can (330 days from the end of your cruise), then keep checking prices.  I would never pay 7, 8, or 9 thousand for a flight to Europe, but at the EZ air pricing it's a no-brainer

There is one small issue with EZPASS Business class fares.  If you are going to fly a domestic (USA) flight in order to connect to an International flight, changing the online screen to "Business" might  not get you many (or even any) flight options.  Several US carriers do not actually have "Business" but call it "First."   So when you are looking at options you should also try looking at "First" Class flights which will generally get you domestic First (which is more like premium economy) and International Business.  If your International aircraft has a real First Class Section then you may not be able to get the online software to even pull up a domestic first or even economy connecting to International Business.  In such cases you might have to call the cruise line and beg them to connect you directly to the EZAIR Office where the staff knows what they are doing.  

I know it sounds a bit complicated, but its simply a matter of looking at the various options.  So in the software try it with "Business" and also try it with "First" and then compare the options.

Hank

• Like 1