E-mail Address for Frank Del Rio (NCL CEO)?

jimdee3636

I want to send an e-mail to the attention of NCL CEO Frank Del Rio. (I realize it may initially be read by an assistant of his, but I don't just want to send it to some generic Guest Relations Department). Does anyone have his e-mail address, or, in the alternative, a physical mailing address at NCL headquarters?

Thanks.

Jim

13 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

I want to send an e-mail to the attention of NCL CEO Frank Del Rio. (I realize it may initially be read by an assistant of his, but I don't just want to send it to some generic Guest Relations Department). Does anyone have his e-mail address, or, in the alternative, a physical mailing address at NCL headquarters?

Thanks.

Jim

Keep in mind that Frank Del Rio is NOT the CEO of NCL. FDR is the CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings...a financial holding company that owns three cruise lines.

Andy Stuart is the CEO of NCL...soon to be replaced by Harry Sommers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Keep in mind that Frank Del Rio is NOT the CEO of NCL. FDR is the CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings...a financial holding company that owns three cruise lines.

Andy Stuart is the CEO of NCL...soon to be replaced by Harry Sommers.

Thanks for the clarification, SeaShark. I see that Any Stuart will still be CEO until the end of the year, so I'll amend my request: if anyone has Mr. Stuart's e-mail address I'd appreciate your sharing it with me.

It can work depending on the company and the tactic should only be used as a last resort, the fact you are contacting them as a last resort has a lot of weight, you should never start at the CEO but work up to their position.

I used to work for an huge international company, not in the CEO's office but in the director of operations office, he never read his emails his PA did but trust me when anyone wrote to him and his PA passed it down the line it was dealt with without delay.

Just this week I got to the end of my tether dealing with Accor hotels, constantly ignoring my emails to customer service, without going right to the top I sent an email setting out my concerns, logically and calmly to the director for Europe. I was contacted directly by the hotel manager within the hour and two hours later the Chief Operating Officer for north Europe contacted me saying the director had passed my complain to him and he wanted to ensure the hotel manager had resolved my complain.

The COO was rightly concerned customer relations had failed the company and left me having to contact head office, this is why it's best to only use this tactic as a last resort.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

Thanks.

Jim

Emails to FDR are sent to a guest relations department for response. A sub-minimum wage off shore guest services agent will send you an appropriate, canned response. FDR (or his immediate staff) do NOT read the hundreds of emails sent to his public email address daily. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, hladygirl said:

So mature! Not.

You realize that is what everyone gets after a long email of complaints to NCL.  Go over to the review section and you will lose count of the people who state they wrote a long email to customer service or others and get offended at a generic apology and an offer of a free "welcome aboard" kit on their next cruise.  Its standard for any complaint.

Don't flame me if you don't like it.  Perhaps you can write a long email to NCL complaining about it 😙😘

Maybe I should have stated "Be prepared for....." on my last email and you would have understood the context better.

The bottom line is any emails directed to the corporate office (no matter who) all get directed to the same place (customer relations).  I knew someone that used to work there and the stories I heard would blow your mind.  However, some think they are special and truly believe a CEO is going to intervene on their behalf, violate the policy and get a refund of some sorts.  Not gonna happen.

Edited by david_sobe

• 1 month later...

Last I knew Frank del Rio uses an Oceana Cruise line account. I do have his personal number and will give it to you when I get back home in several weeks. Email me next month at findrkelly@gmail.com. By the way he is a real jerk and most immoral person I have ever run across. How he became CEO is unbelievable.

• Like 1

Andy or Vivian Ewart, the VP of Passenger Services, are both pretty responsive.

Twitter works really well for contacting Andy. The character limit ensures you won't be seen as a nut job. @nclandy

Most complaint emails seem to be from nut jobs. After 40 years dealing with the public I can count on one hand the number of letters and emails that look to be from sane people.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:49 AM, david_sobe said:

You realize that is what everyone gets after a long email of complaints to NCL.  Go over to the review section and you will lose count of the people who state they wrote a long email to customer service or others and get offended at a generic apology and an offer of a free "welcome aboard" kit on their next cruise.  Its standard for any complaint.

Don't flame me if you don't like it.  Perhaps you can write a long email to NCL complaining about it 😙😘

Maybe I should have stated "Be prepared for....." on my last email and you would have understood the context better.

The bottom line is any emails directed to the corporate office (no matter who) all get directed to the same place (customer relations).  I knew someone that used to work there and the stories I heard would blow your mind.  However, some think they are special and truly believe a CEO is going to intervene on their behalf, violate the policy and get a refund of some sorts.  Not gonna happen.

What is included in the "welcome aboard" kit?  I may need to send a complaining email if the contents are good enough.  😁

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:49 AM, david_sobe said:

Their problems are 1) long email (ain't nobody got time for that - I stop reading work emails after 2 paragraphs) and 2) either not asking for anything specific or asking for too much and possibly 3) complaining about things that don't warrant more of a response. 

7 hours ago, Travelicious said:

What is included in the "welcome aboard" kit?  I may need to send a complaining email if the contents are good enough.  😁

I think its a few balloons and a large colorful sign that says "WELCOME ABOARD" and maybe a small cake.  I wonder how many complaints they have about the "Welcome Aboard" kit 🤣 and what the next level is.

51 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I think its a few balloons and a large colorful sign that says "WELCOME ABOARD" and maybe a small cake.  I wonder how many complaints they have about the "Welcome Aboard" kit 🤣 and what the next level is.

I'm finna go get me some balloons!  Dear Frank Del Rio . . . 😂

• 3 years later...

NORWEGIAN EPIC 2023 (JANUARY 15 TO 22, 2023)

TO THE STAFF MANAGER OF NCL:

I TOOK THE CRUISE ON THE DATE ABOVE FROM SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO. I WOULD LIKE YOUR APPRECIATION IN THESE MATTERS, REALLY IMPORTANT FOR YOU AS STAFF MANAGER OF THE CRUISE TEAM AND FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE NCL CRUISE LINE IN THE FUTURE.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1.      BURN THE FLOOR – THE DANCERS’ SHOW WAS NICE AND PERFECT, BUT IT COULD BE BETTER IF THEY CAN MAKE TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS IN THE SAME WEEK, SO THE GUESTS CAN SEE THEM TWICE IN ANOTHER STYLE, AND THE BEATLES TOO, BECAUSE THERE WERE NIGHTS THAT PEOPLE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING, BUT SITTING ON THE ATRIUM, AFTER HAVE WATCHED THEM.  SOME GUESTS WERE TALKING ABOUT THAT, DUE TO WE AND OTHERS LIKE MUSIC SHOWS.

2.      POOL AREA (THE ENTICE DUO) – THE WOMAN NEVER TALKED DURING THE SHOW, NEVER HOSTED WITH A WORD OF HAPPINESS TO THE GUESTS AND LOOKED TIRED, WITHOUT EMOTION. PEOPLE NOTICED IT.  IT SHOULD BE NICE IF SHE CAN WEAR CLOTHING TO ANOTHER ONE MORE COLORFUL THAT LOOKS LIKE A REAL SINGER (EVEN IF ARE DAY HOURS).

3.      ATRIUM – IT COULD BE PERFECT FOR A NIGHT PARTY, KIND OF A BAND PLAYING 80’S OR 90’S MUSIC, SOUL, SALSA, ETC.  

SEVERAL GUESTS WERE TALKING SITTED IN THE ATRIUM AND SAYING THAT THIS IS A GREAT RECOMMENDATION, SO WE DO NOT GET BORED FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR WITH NO MUSIC, FOR THE ONES WHO DON’T LIKE MOVIES, BINGOS AND THE GAMES, AND CANNOT BE IN THE POOL AREA (DUE TO THE WIND), BECAUSE OTHERS DO PREFER TO BE DANCING INSIDE AND WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED TOO AS THE ONES ON DECK 15.  ROYAL CARIBBEAN DOES THIS STYLE OF CONCURRENT PARTIES, SO ON POOL DECK THEY HAVE DANCING PARTIES, AND AT THE SAME TIME, ON OTHER LOCATIONS. THIS WAY PEOPLE CAN SELECT OR CHOSE WHERE THEY WANT TO BE AT THE SAME TIME IN DIFFERENT PLACES WITHOUT STAYING BORED WALKING THROUGH.

OBSERVATIONS:

1.      ONE OF THE NIGHTS I WAS IN OH’ SHEHANNS BAR AND SAW A WAITRESS MAN THAT PICKED UP THE “SPRITE” OR “CLUB SODA” OR THE WATHER THAT COMES OUT FROM THE HOUSE IN THE BAR AND FILLED UP A GLASS FOR A GUEST THAT WAS IN OTHER TABLE (SITED OUT OF THE BAR). THE WAITRESS WENT WALKING OUTSIDE THE BAR AFTER HAS FILLED THE GLASS AND PUTTIN IT ON THE TRAY. HE LOOKED RUSHED AND DRANK OF WHAT THE DRINK THAT HE HAD PUT INSIDE THE GLASS.  PLEASE, YOU MAY MEET ALL OF THE BAR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE AT NIGHT AND TELL THEM THAT A LOT OF GUESTS CAN SEE THAT. THERE IS NO NEED TO FIRE AN EMPLOYEE, BUT MEETING THEM AND SAYING THAT IS SO DISGUSTING TO SEE THAT THING IN A PLACE FULL OF GUESTS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THANKS GOD THAT I DIDN’T ASK FOR A DRINK OUT OF THE BAR AFTER SEEING THAT.

2.      ON SATURDAY 21st, BETWEEN 5:30PM AND 6:00PM, I ASKED FOR A DRINK AT THE POOL BAR, AND TOLD TO THE BARTENDER THAT WAS RUSHED TOO, AND OF COURSE, THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE, THAT I WOULD LIKE A SOUR DRINK, AND HE DIDN’T LET ME FINISH TELLING WHAT I WANTED AND STARTED FILLING THE GLASS WITH A RUM. I DIDN’T SEE HIS NAME, BUT I TOLD HIM, THAT I WOULD HAVE LIKED A SOUR DRINK, THAT IF HE COULD PREPARE A LIGHT MOJITO; THE BARTENDER SENT THE GLASS TO THE TRASH WITH ALL THE ICE AND RUM IN A NOT GOOD ATTITUDE (HE WAS ANNOYED), AND REPLIED TO ME WITH SOME LIKE: “YOU TELL ME I WANT A SOUR DRINK, AND THEN NOT… DECIDE…” (AND THE POOL’S MUSIC DIDN’T LET ME LISTEN TO WHAT HE FINISHED TELLING TO ME IN A BAD MANNER, IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND AS IF WE WERE STUPIDS OR HE WERE THE BOSS OF THE PLACE). THEN, AFTER THROWING THE GLASS TO THE TRASH, HE WAS GETTING ANOTHER GLASS WITH ICE LIKE IF HE WERE ANNOYED WITHOUT BEING MY FAULT. HE NEEDS TO BE PATIENT, OH GOD!  WHAT HAPPENED THERE WITH SOME EMPLOYEES? GIVE THEM A TRAINING OF PATIENCE.

I FELT REALLY ANGRY WITH HIS BAD ATTITUDE TO A WOMAN, AND TOLD MY HUSBAND IN SECRET THAT I WILL LEAVE THE DRINK I REQUESTED AFTER GIVING HIM MY ROOM CARD, SO HE COULD LEARN THAT HE WORKS WITH NO KINDNESS AT ALL. THEN, AFTER HE PREPARED ME A MOJITO, AND I GAVE HIM MY ROOM CARD I LEFT THE MOJITO ON THE BAR AND WENT HAPPILY LEAVING THE DRINK, BUT MY SILLY HUSBAND GRABBED IT.    I WAS REALLY UPSET WITH THE BARTENDER ATTITUDE. PLEASE, MEET THE WORK TEAM AND TELL THEM, THAT THEY HAVE TO WAIT WITH PATIENCE UNTIL THE GUEST DECIDE WHAT TO DRINK WELL, DUE TO THE VARIETY OF DRINKS, AND NOT TO THROW THE RUM FAST IN THE GLASS WITHOUT BEING SURE OF WHAT THE GUEST WANT. SO MANY GUESTS NOTICED IT AND WE TALKED ABOUT THAT ON THE POOL AREA.  BAD ATTITUDES WON’T HELP NCL TO REACH SUCCESS. ALSO, PLEASE, TELL THE EMPLOYEES NOT TO REPLY IN BAD ATTITUDE WHEN THE GUEST IT’S COOL AND RESPECTFULL TO THEM. IT WAS A LACK OF RESPECT.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING A MEETING AND TELLING THEM ABOUT IT.

SINCERELY,

IVETTE R.

3 hours ago, irom said:

IVETTE R.

"ALL CAPS
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.
"- Cruise Critic Community Guideline

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Did you read that "letter"?

It's only been 3 hours.

I need more time.🧐

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 7:02 PM, ziggyuk said:

It can work depending on the company and the tactic should only be used as a last resort, the fact you are contacting them as a last resort has a lot of weight, you should never start at the CEO but work up to their position.

I used to work for an huge international company, not in the CEO's office but in the director of operations office, he never read his emails his PA did but trust me when anyone wrote to him and his PA passed it down the line it was dealt with without delay.

Just this week I got to the end of my tether dealing with Accor hotels, constantly ignoring my emails to customer service, without going right to the top I sent an email setting out my concerns, logically and calmly to the director for Europe. I was contacted directly by the hotel manager within the hour and two hours later the Chief Operating Officer for north Europe contacted me saying the director had passed my complain to him and he wanted to ensure the hotel manager had resolved my complain.

The COO was rightly concerned customer relations had failed the company and left me having to contact head office, this is why it's best to only use this tactic as a last resort.

As this has been bumped back up I thought I would update how this was handled.
After talking to the Accor COO for Europe, as a gesture of goodwill, he upgraded us from the Mercure to the Sofitel Hotel on the seashore on our next trip to Rio, additionally he promised we would be looked after by the hotel manager.
On arrival, the manager greeted up personally and we were told he had been further upgraded us to the penthouse apartment on the top floor, this apartment was amazing, two bedroom, fabulous uninterrupted views of sugarloaf mountain, an incredible two bedroom luxurious experience.
Our treatment was fantastic, we were treated like royalty on our trip to Rio in 2019, what memories and what great management to take such an interest in our complaint.

13 hours ago, irom said:

NORWEGIAN EPIC 2023 (JANUARY 15 TO 22, 2023)

TO THE STAFF MANAGER OF NCL:

I TOOK THE CRUISE ON THE DATE ABOVE FROM SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO. I WOULD LIKE YOUR APPRECIATION IN THESE MATTERS, REALLY IMPORTANT FOR YOU AS STAFF MANAGER OF THE CRUISE TEAM AND FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE NCL CRUISE LINE IN THE FUTURE.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1.      BURN THE FLOOR – THE DANCERS’ SHOW WAS NICE AND PERFECT, BUT IT COULD BE BETTER IF THEY CAN MAKE TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS IN THE SAME WEEK, SO THE GUESTS CAN SEE THEM TWICE IN ANOTHER STYLE, AND THE BEATLES TOO, BECAUSE THERE WERE NIGHTS THAT PEOPLE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING, BUT SITTING ON THE ATRIUM, AFTER HAVE WATCHED THEM.  SOME GUESTS WERE TALKING ABOUT THAT, DUE TO WE AND OTHERS LIKE MUSIC SHOWS.

2.      POOL AREA (THE ENTICE DUO) – THE WOMAN NEVER TALKED DURING THE SHOW, NEVER HOSTED WITH A WORD OF HAPPINESS TO THE GUESTS AND LOOKED TIRED, WITHOUT EMOTION. PEOPLE NOTICED IT.  IT SHOULD BE NICE IF SHE CAN WEAR CLOTHING TO ANOTHER ONE MORE COLORFUL THAT LOOKS LIKE A REAL SINGER (EVEN IF ARE DAY HOURS).

3.      ATRIUM – IT COULD BE PERFECT FOR A NIGHT PARTY, KIND OF A BAND PLAYING 80’S OR 90’S MUSIC, SOUL, SALSA, ETC.  

SEVERAL GUESTS WERE TALKING SITTED IN THE ATRIUM AND SAYING THAT THIS IS A GREAT RECOMMENDATION, SO WE DO NOT GET BORED FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR WITH NO MUSIC, FOR THE ONES WHO DON’T LIKE MOVIES, BINGOS AND THE GAMES, AND CANNOT BE IN THE POOL AREA (DUE TO THE WIND), BECAUSE OTHERS DO PREFER TO BE DANCING INSIDE AND WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED TOO AS THE ONES ON DECK 15.  ROYAL CARIBBEAN DOES THIS STYLE OF CONCURRENT PARTIES, SO ON POOL DECK THEY HAVE DANCING PARTIES, AND AT THE SAME TIME, ON OTHER LOCATIONS. THIS WAY PEOPLE CAN SELECT OR CHOSE WHERE THEY WANT TO BE AT THE SAME TIME IN DIFFERENT PLACES WITHOUT STAYING BORED WALKING THROUGH.

OBSERVATIONS:

1.      ONE OF THE NIGHTS I WAS IN OH’ SHEHANNS BAR AND SAW A WAITRESS MAN THAT PICKED UP THE “SPRITE” OR “CLUB SODA” OR THE WATHER THAT COMES OUT FROM THE HOUSE IN THE BAR AND FILLED UP A GLASS FOR A GUEST THAT WAS IN OTHER TABLE (SITED OUT OF THE BAR). THE WAITRESS WENT WALKING OUTSIDE THE BAR AFTER HAS FILLED THE GLASS AND PUTTIN IT ON THE TRAY. HE LOOKED RUSHED AND DRANK OF WHAT THE DRINK THAT HE HAD PUT INSIDE THE GLASS.  PLEASE, YOU MAY MEET ALL OF THE BAR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE AT NIGHT AND TELL THEM THAT A LOT OF GUESTS CAN SEE THAT. THERE IS NO NEED TO FIRE AN EMPLOYEE, BUT MEETING THEM AND SAYING THAT IS SO DISGUSTING TO SEE THAT THING IN A PLACE FULL OF GUESTS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THANKS GOD THAT I DIDN’T ASK FOR A DRINK OUT OF THE BAR AFTER SEEING THAT.

2.      ON SATURDAY 21st, BETWEEN 5:30PM AND 6:00PM, I ASKED FOR A DRINK AT THE POOL BAR, AND TOLD TO THE BARTENDER THAT WAS RUSHED TOO, AND OF COURSE, THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE, THAT I WOULD LIKE A SOUR DRINK, AND HE DIDN’T LET ME FINISH TELLING WHAT I WANTED AND STARTED FILLING THE GLASS WITH A RUM. I DIDN’T SEE HIS NAME, BUT I TOLD HIM, THAT I WOULD HAVE LIKED A SOUR DRINK, THAT IF HE COULD PREPARE A LIGHT MOJITO; THE BARTENDER SENT THE GLASS TO THE TRASH WITH ALL THE ICE AND RUM IN A NOT GOOD ATTITUDE (HE WAS ANNOYED), AND REPLIED TO ME WITH SOME LIKE: “YOU TELL ME I WANT A SOUR DRINK, AND THEN NOT… DECIDE…” (AND THE POOL’S MUSIC DIDN’T LET ME LISTEN TO WHAT HE FINISHED TELLING TO ME IN A BAD MANNER, IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND AS IF WE WERE STUPIDS OR HE WERE THE BOSS OF THE PLACE). THEN, AFTER THROWING THE GLASS TO THE TRASH, HE WAS GETTING ANOTHER GLASS WITH ICE LIKE IF HE WERE ANNOYED WITHOUT BEING MY FAULT. HE NEEDS TO BE PATIENT, OH GOD!  WHAT HAPPENED THERE WITH SOME EMPLOYEES? GIVE THEM A TRAINING OF PATIENCE.

I FELT REALLY ANGRY WITH HIS BAD ATTITUDE TO A WOMAN, AND TOLD MY HUSBAND IN SECRET THAT I WILL LEAVE THE DRINK I REQUESTED AFTER GIVING HIM MY ROOM CARD, SO HE COULD LEARN THAT HE WORKS WITH NO KINDNESS AT ALL. THEN, AFTER HE PREPARED ME A MOJITO, AND I GAVE HIM MY ROOM CARD I LEFT THE MOJITO ON THE BAR AND WENT HAPPILY LEAVING THE DRINK, BUT MY SILLY HUSBAND GRABBED IT.    I WAS REALLY UPSET WITH THE BARTENDER ATTITUDE. PLEASE, MEET THE WORK TEAM AND TELL THEM, THAT THEY HAVE TO WAIT WITH PATIENCE UNTIL THE GUEST DECIDE WHAT TO DRINK WELL, DUE TO THE VARIETY OF DRINKS, AND NOT TO THROW THE RUM FAST IN THE GLASS WITHOUT BEING SURE OF WHAT THE GUEST WANT. SO MANY GUESTS NOTICED IT AND WE TALKED ABOUT THAT ON THE POOL AREA.  BAD ATTITUDES WON’T HELP NCL TO REACH SUCCESS. ALSO, PLEASE, TELL THE EMPLOYEES NOT TO REPLY IN BAD ATTITUDE WHEN THE GUEST IT’S COOL AND RESPECTFULL TO THEM. IT WAS A LACK OF RESPECT.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING A MEETING AND TELLING THEM ABOUT IT.

SINCERELY,

IVETTE R.

Dear Ivette R.,

Since you caps locked your entire letter, we made sure to throw it immediately into the round circular bin named "delete" in our Outlook account. 

Signed,

Every company, anywhere

• Haha 2