Currently onboard Anthem of the Seasq

MamaTene

On 10/21/2019 at 11:33 AM, Biker19 said:

Can you try viewing any YouTube video WITHOUT logging into a VOOM account (just connected to the ship's WiFi)?

Not that I know of.  We are also on board.

For those asking about menus,  download the Royal app.  You can find menus their.  Ate at Jamie's the othe night.  Very good.  We have food allergies and other issues and they worked with us.  Dessert plank was crazy!

41 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Up until a month ago when RCI pulled the plug on the Royal IQ app fleet wide, Youtube and other internet traffic (iMessage) used to get through without a VOOM account - I'm trying to confirm that that is no longer the case.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, soremekun said:

What does this area in Guest Services look like now?  Previously, there were iPad terminals here.

20190808_123057.thumb.jpg.ec1b464196ef63d5b3d818fbd1af35fa.jpg

Looks the same. There was someone directing traffic to the desks when I went today to look for a sweater I left in the dining room last night.  He went and found it for. 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

For those asking about menus,  download the Royal app.  You can find menus their.  Ate at Jamie's the othe night.  Very good.  We have food allergies and other issues and they worked with us.  Dessert plank was crazy!

I did, the Jamie's menu looked significantly reduced from what I've seen previously (almost half as many choices) - I recently saw some from some other ships and it does match the app. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

However I couldn’t even sign on to cruise critic without logging on to Voom. 

The number of sites that worked without a VOOM account was limited; CC was not one of them. The one method to get some free internet that may still work on some ships which use the RCI app; the app store trick.  When you first try to sign into VOOM it usually gives you an option to go to the app store to download the RCI app - if you take that option (before ever signing into VOOM), you used to be able to get about 15-20 min of Stream internet.

Edited by Biker19

Just now, Biker19 said:

The number of sites that worked without a VOOM account was limited; CC was not one of them.

I just realized that you said they changed over from Royal IQ a month ago. That means I didn’t have access to the new app in June. I deleted my reply

sorry for the bad information.