Emailing Cruise Docs

0bnxshs

Just noticed that HAL has added a feature to online check in that allows you to "email my documents to" filled in with your registered email address, which is changeable.  You can select boarding pass and luggage tags.  Finally an easier way for some rather than the sometimes difficult process of printing them from the website.  I received my emailed docs in seconds in PDF format. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Just noticed that HAL has added a feature to online check in that allows you to "email my documents to" filled in with your registered email address, which is changeable.  You can select boarding pass and luggage tags.  Finally an easier way for some rather than the sometimes difficult process of printing them from the website.  I received my emailed docs in seconds in PDF format. 

Thanks Rich  - that’s great news!! 🙂 

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

So instead of trying to fix the problem that some pax have with printing their docs, they have come up with a 'workaround'! 😉🙄

Now if they came up with a workaround for the total website.........

Work arounds are valid solutions.

• Like 1

Good solution.  A lot of programming seems to get tripped up by individual computer set-ups so it's always good if there are more than one way to accomplish something.  That's not really a defense of HAL: they should have done better from the beginning to anticipate such issues.

32 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Are they available immediately via email even if you complete online check-in way in advance of sailing, or only after the traditional window opens for boarding doc availability (~45-50 days out)?

E-docs are only available after payment.

While this is new, I would think it’s a safe guess to say it will be within the same time limit as it is currently 😉 

Hollan American Virgin here and was able to get my docs yesterday but as booked a guaranteed, still no stateroom.  Can anyone advise on how long before a cruise HA typically assigns (we board Dec 4th) and whether I will then be able to revisit the checkin site and email myself luggage tags that aren’t blank?

Thanks in advance!

They typically assign guarantees a couple of weeks out.  My last was about 10 days before sailing.  That is typical for HAL.

Yes, you can return to the website and run your luggage tags with the room number on them then.  In fact, you may see your room number on the luggage tags before you get the email about what room you've been assigned. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

They typically assign guarantees a couple of weeks out.  My last was about 10 days before sailing.  That is typical for HAL.

Yes, you can return to the website and run your luggage tags with the room number on them then.  In fact, you may see your room number on the luggage tags before you get the email about what room you've been assigned. 

Or they can assign you a new cabin 24 hours from embarkation as HAL did on our 2015 Prinsendam sailing.  We took an inside guarantee, which HAL honored with our first assignment that arrived about 8 days prior to sailing.  The cabin was in a good spot, and we were okay with it.  Then, less than 24 hours prior to embarkation, they upgraded us, free of charge, to a large outside.  We were pleased and enjoyed the space and light enormously.

OP, thanks for posting the update on the docs.  It's good news for me as I can arrange to print them at work, since the home printer isn't working properly.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

That is great news.  I have read here of so many people having problems printing their e-docs.

Maybe HAL is recognizing that their site is poor?

I would imagine they've received a great number of complaints about the difficulties people have using the site.  This could well be a small start in the right direction.  Baby steps... but still a start.

Hi Folks

After I had just finished doing it all the hard way ..now you tell me (Grin)  but its now an easy way to put a copy of the docs onto my phone as a backup in case paper docs are lost

Not long now till our 3rd December embarkation on Maasdam ... really looking forward to it

Regards

John

38 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

After I had just finished doing it all the hard way ..now you tell me (Grin)  but its now an easy way to put a copy of the docs onto my phone as a backup in case paper docs are lost

Not long now till our 3rd December embarkation on Maasdam ... really looking forward to it

Regards

John

LOL John.  I found out the same way, more or less.  Had checked in and printed docs the old fashioned way and then was looking at something days later when I found the new way added.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, bEwAbG said:

In fact, you may see your room number on the luggage tags before you get the email about what room you've been assigned. 

Thanks for the info!  Yeah I went to print the tags and boarding pass as I figured the email telling me they were available meant our room had been assigned. No such luck!

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks for the info!  Yeah I went to print the tags and boarding pass as I figured the email telling me they were available meant our room had been assigned. No such luck!

Any time we have book a GTY we have received an email with "Changed Booking - (Guest Notification of Stateroom Change)"  in the subject line.  Between 8 and 21 days out.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2019 at 6:04 AM, 0bnxshs said:

Thanks for mentioning this.

We had missed it when we completed the check-in.  So we just went back to the "end" of the check-in process, and there it was.  A couple of clicks, and we each had a set (boarding pass & luggage tags) in our email inboxes by the time we looked.

GC

From personal experience (today), if you complete your online check-in outside of the 50-day window when express docs are typically available, you can have your luggage tags emailed to you right away, but that's it; still have to wait until express docs are made available for anything else, which makes sense.