Anthem Solarium Bistro

LorraineP

Does the Solarium Bistro on the Anthem still have the appetizer, salad & dessert as a buffet but the main entree you select from a menu & it is prepared freshly for you? Just got off the Symphony & it was all a buffet including the main entree. Disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes. 

Great. Will be on Anthem 19 nights end of January & I made reservations for it months ago for 4 nights. I really enjoy their freshly prepared main entrees which are served hot better than MDR where if you’re lucky food is served lukewarm.  

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

It is excellent, we ate there several nights.  I also loved the set up on Symphony though! 

A5F2CA79-A0DE-44BB-9FF0-A28711BBDA2D.jpeg

That looks like the menu on the Symphony. We have been on Anthem many times & menu looked different. 

Thank you for providing a sample menu.

We will be on Anthem next week Nov 23rd - Dec 1st. We booked the Solarium Bistro for dinner on night 1. Does the bistro part also have ceiling windows? Thinking it would be cool to have dinner under the stars as we sail out. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Does the Solarium Bistro on the Anthem still have the appetizer, salad & dessert as a buffet but the main entree you select from a menu & it is prepared freshly for you? Just got off the Symphony & it was all a buffet including the main entree. Disappointing. 

When cruising on ships that have the solarium bistro we generally go one evening for dinner which we find a pleasant change to the MDR and find the one visit enough.

We do tend to eat there however most mornings for breakfast.

Four of us had dinner on Anthem Oct 27th and I can say one of the worst dinners we tried to eat. salad bar was very sparse hot apps were on individual plates so we had to make repeat trips for more than two small bites. the mains that were served to us, two chicken kabob with orzo were so dry that they were inedible, salmon was overcooked and mahi mahi didn't fair any better. I am a cook and the food would not have even made it to the table. Server started with trying to upsell the steak and when declined served the mains and never returned. We got up to leave and told the maître' d  and said chicken was so dry and he just agreed.

main dining table mates ate there another night and they also didn't like it .

10 hours ago, deli cruiser said:

Four of us had dinner on Anthem Oct 27th and I can say one of the worst dinners we tried to eat. salad bar was very sparse hot apps were on individual plates so we had to make repeat trips for more than two small bites. the mains that were served to us, two chicken kabob with orzo were so dry that they were inedible, salmon was overcooked and mahi mahi didn't fair any better. I am a cook and the food would not have even made it to the table. Server started with trying to upsell the steak and when declined served the mains and never returned. We got up to leave and told the maître' d  and said chicken was so dry and he just agreed.

main dining table mates ate there another night and they also didn't like it .

Oh no, we have always had good entrees there better than MDR. Will try & see. I know the quality of food has gone downhill in all their restaurants, even Chops. 

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

If it's like Oasis, they prefer reservations, but reservations are not mandatory.

We’ve enjoyed lunch there but didn’t know about the dinner option. Is there a charge for dinner?

The solarium on Ovation for some reason they want a reservation for dinner.

We just turned up one time and even though it was half full they turned us away .

But strangely they offered a takeaway.They gave us a tray plates and covers.

We loaded our plates up grabbed a desert and took it back to our cabin.

I thought it was weird.