Liquor packages

kennymosk

They are all loss leaders around New Year.  Heidseck is £22 Tattinger £25 in our Asda The bargain lower quality are around £10 so my view is that the Azamara champagne included in the ultimate package is pretty decent stuff. Ok it’s not Krug but it’s well above basic. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

If you want really good wine on Azamara and don't want to pay through the nose, Azamara's corkage fee is about as low as it gets at sea at $10.  For $2.50 more per glass (assumes a bottle gets you four pours), just buy some wine that you really like at your original embarkation port.

If I bring aboard white wines or sparkling, how does chilling work?

Can I take the bottle to any restaurant or bar in advance and ask them to chill it for later?

Edited by uktraveller
Messed up quote

24 minutes ago, uktraveller said:

If I bring aboard white wines or sparkling, how does chilling work?

Can I take the bottle to any restaurant or bar in advance and ask them to chill it for later?

Your cabin attendants will bring a ice bucket to you on request, not sure if the restaurants will chill it in advance for you but they probably will.

Edited by Bloodaxe

18 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Your cabin attendants will bring a ice bucket to you on request, not sure if the restaurants will chill it in advance for you but they probably will.

If you are having it in the restaurant (and paying corkage) arrange with one of the sommeliers to give them it during the day. They will really look after it well serve it at tge right temperature and enjoy a conversation with you about your choices. 

13 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Interesting that Nicholas Feuillatte Brut is listed and everyone seems to like it. It’s Tesco’s budget Champagne currently at £18 a bottle

We preferred the Tattinger but that seems to have gone from the menu in recent times.

8 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

We preferred the Tattinger but that seems to have gone from the menu in recent times.

Yes there’s been quite a change in the lists and what they now contract to buy but always worth just checking with the bar manager as legacy bottles (of all types) can be onboard 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Yes there’s been quite a change in the lists and what they now contract to buy but always worth just checking with the bar manager as legacy bottles (of all types) can be onboard 

Though the wine we had on our AZ cruise a few weeks ago were very good, I was not overly pleased with the overall selection or wine and favorite drinks. I realize it was a basic package that is included in our fair, but no martinis come on. Why can you get a Gimlet and not a martini? Other lines also allow you to pay the difference for drinks if the price is over the limit which has been mentioned already. One of the couples we were traveling with did use OBC for upgrade the liquor package, but said he would not do it again because there were still several drinks not included. I guess it is up to everyone's choice, but I would not pay additionally for a package that is still limited within reason. 

51 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

Though the wine we had on our AZ cruise a few weeks ago were very good, I was not overly pleased with the overall selection or wine and favorite drinks. I realize it was a basic package that is included in our fair, but no martinis come on. Why can you get a Gimlet and not a martini? Other lines also allow you to pay the difference for drinks if the price is over the limit which has been mentioned already. One of the couples we were traveling with did use OBC for upgrade the liquor package, but said he would not do it again because there were still several drinks not included. I guess it is up to everyone's choice, but I would not pay additionally for a package that is still limited within reason. 

A common confusion amongst passengers who are new to Azamara is that the drinks menu is not definitive and you can get any cocktails that can be made with the included alcohol, same applies to the drinks packages. 
This was all covered back in 2017 when the new drinks menu was introduced, all you have to do is ask for the drink to be made with the included alcohol, all of the bar staff should be aware of this, we’ve never had any problem in fact most of the bartenders can be very creative.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

A common confusion amongst passengers who are new to Azamara is that the drinks menu is not definitive and you can get any cocktails that can be made with the included alcohol, same applies to the drinks packages. 
This was all covered back in 2017 when the new drinks menu was introduced, all you have to do is ask for the drink to be made with the included alcohol, all of the bar staff should be aware of this, we’ve never had any problem in fact most of the bartenders can be very creative.

I may be a cynic but Azamara do not publish this widely (or at all)  Perhaps methinks so that their revenue is increased by drinks package or individual drink purchases.

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

You can ask for a Martini to be made using the included drinks at no charge!

6 hours ago, uktog said:

They are all loss leaders around New Year.  Heidseck is £22 Tattinger £25 in our Asda The bargain lower quality are around £10 so my view is that the Azamara champagne included in the ultimate package is pretty decent stuff. Ok it’s not Krug but it’s well above basic. 

I agree it’s nice, our friend who’s a wine master buys it regularly because it’s at a pretty low price at Tesco all year, not just at New Year.

I ave never seen a bar menu on a ship or on land that includes all possible drinks.

I have asked for all kinds of drinks, not on the menu, and they have made them.   If you want premium liquor it is probably only included in the ultimate package.   Really upgraded liquor, i.e., very aged scotch, will be an extra charge.   Premium alcohol like this are also extra on lines like Seabourn and Silverseas.    The same applies to premium wines and champagnes.    I enjoyed the selection included in the ultimate package.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:48 AM, Riocca said:

we did and no, was the answer. I don't know what the reason was but we were diff limited to what we could and could not order. So were our friends. 

25 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

we did and no, was the answer. I don't know what the reason was but we were diff limited to what we could and could not order. So were our friends. 

What were you asking for.  Never had no, I have had an explanation as to why it might not taste like I am used to and would I like something different, but they have always attempted to mix any drink for me with included spirits etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

What were you asking for.  Never had no, I have had an explanation as to why it might not taste like I am used to and would I like something different, but they have always attempted to mix any drink for me with included spirits etc.

Our experience exactly.....never once had an issue!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Norn Iron Man said:

Thanks for that.  In common with most cruise lines do both people have to take the same beverage packages.

No indeed one could have no package