CCL Stock & OBC

flyboyswife

4 minutes ago, Phil_and_Cyndi said:

If I already have a $50 OBC from signing up to a 6 day cruise, can I also add another $50 OBC for stock ownership, or in this case will I lose my original $50 OBC?  Hoping to get both!  Thank you.

Yes, the Shareholder OBC is a separate benefit.  You would have $100 OBC if you received the shareholder OBC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil_and_Cyndi said:

If I already have a $50 OBC from signing up to a 6 day cruise, can I also add another $50 OBC for stock ownership, or in this case will I lose my original $50 OBC?  Hoping to get both!  Thank you.

Yes, with all the cruise lines owned by the Carnival corporation the stock ownership is in addition to any other OBC you may have.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 7:47 AM, Retired_to_Cruise said:

Just learned an interesting fact yesterday. We sent in two requests for OBC three days ago. One for each of the weeks on our February B2B.  Each on had a Fax Cover Sheet with cruise info and a copy of the Stock report and we sent them together in one fax. We received OBC for the 1st week but not for the second. So I called. Got a really nice lady who did the research and told us they thought it was only one cruise.  She gave me the OBC for the 2nd cruise which was $150 and this advice. Use 1 fax cover sheet and put both booking numbers and dates on that sheet and indicate that it is a B2B. You will get $250 because that is actually considered a 14 day cruise. You will get $100 on the first week and $150 on the second week. Who knew!

I wonder if this would work for a B2B that totaled 14 days.  Currently we have a 4 day then a 10 day = 14 days.  They gave us $50 for the 4 day & $100 for the 10 day.  I would love to change that to $250, if possible.

1 hour ago, Farts said:

Anyone have any ideas if they going to revamp the system after july 2020 or just extend it?

So far they have kept it the same after every Annual meeting.  Not aware of any huge shakeups so my assumption is they will simply renew it for another year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I wonder if this would work for a B2B that totaled 14 days.  Currently we have a 4 day then a 10 day = 14 days.  They gave us $50 for the 4 day & $100 for the 10 day.  I would love to change that to $250, if possible.

If I'm not mistaken if depends on whether you have 1 or 2 booking numbers. One booking number would equal a 14 day cruise; two booking numbers would be a 4 day cruise plus a 10 day cruise.

We printed our request on January 12, mailed the following day via snail mail.   Got an e-mail today accepting the info and granting the OBC.  This is for DW's cruise departing March 1.  So 15 days to get a response, less mail time.

Thanks again to Choc Melting Cake for the response on the previous page.

20 hours ago, Sparky2 said:

That didn't happen to us.  Last year we were on a 7-day B2B with a 12-day Journey's cruise.  Received $100 on each cruise.  You must have lucked out.  Each cruise is a separate cruise.

We're doing a 14-day Journey's cruise soon & have $250 OBC on my account.

All I am doing is telling you what the customer service person told me and did.

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

If I'm not mistaken if depends on whether you have 1 or 2 booking numbers. One booking number would equal a 14 day cruise; two booking numbers would be a 4 day cruise plus a 10 day cruise.

When you do B2B you will always get 2 booking numbers. All I am doing is telling you what a Carnival Guest Services told me and did for me. Since she could not see me, I have to assume it was not for my good looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

When you do B2B you will always get 2 booking numbers. All I am doing is telling you what a Carnival Guest Services told me and did for me. Since she could not see me, I have to assume it was not for my good looks.

As I said above, I think you really lucked out with the person who gave you that extra amount.  I send my proof of ownership and both booking numbers & each is counted separately.  Last year we did the 7 day + 12 day and only received $100 OBC on each one.  This year with our 14 day we're receiving $250 OBC.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 4:18 PM, monakayk said:

Is there a form to use/fill out to send? I know there is one for Princess cruise line. What about for Carnival cruise line? If so where can I find it ?

Carnival does not have a form per se.  Just send them the information needed, booking number, stock statement (blank out non-Carnival information; I use a black Sharpie, etc. 

I found out about the email submission when my office modernized a few years back and we no longer have a formal fax machine.  Called Carnival and they gave me the email address along with suggesting snail mail.

The person I spoke with said that Carnival did not advertise the email address because it is not a secure email address and any number of people can access it so make sure account numbers and other non-Carnival information are blacked out.   

For my last two cruises, I sent email requests for the OBC, but never received a response either time.   Sent FAX requests and they were responded to (via email...) within 3-4 days.    So this cruise, I just Faxed the request in.

They acknowledged our snail mail after 10 days and asked for a brokerage form with my name printed on it. The one I sent had our account number blacked out and I had handwritten my name on it.  Luckily, I had an end of year statement that met the requirement, so I scanned it and replied to the email, which is the email address listed in this thread.  We now have the shareholder's onboard credit.

I have always sent my stock OBC request to the guestadmin email address.  Included are booking number, ship name and sail dates.

Attached, in pdf form is stock info for Carnival validating ownership of 100 shares minimum.  All other data is blackened out.

Typically a response has been received within 48 hrs.  If not, I sent a 2nd request and indicate that on the subject line.

So far, so good.  I don't see where I need to change process unless I'm told to do so.  :)

One tip. if you do submit a pdf via email, make sure you do it by printing out the pdf, mark-out the account number by hand, and then scan it to pdf to send. If you just modify the pdf by applying a black box on top of the account number, it is on a separate layer in the pdf and count, theoretically be un-masked by someone nefarious who intercepted a copy of the email attachment. Otherwise you need to compress the layer, etc. for security reasons. 

One question though, what if you have stock certificates in a family trust?