Updated Europe 2021 Deployment

AtlantaCruiser72

8 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

You can do a courtesy hold. The only downside I’ve noticed with the Elite window is it has forced a much higher deposit. If I wait a day and book regularly, the deposit drops to the sale price.

How do you know what the deposit will be before the cruises are up and available to book?  Besides, I bet the vast majority of Elites have FCD's on account and they suffice as a deposit.

6 hours ago, steelers36 said:

How do you know what the deposit will be before the cruises are up and available to book?  Besides, I bet the vast majority of Elites have FCD's on account and they suffice as a deposit.

My email also mentions a 2-for-1 deposit, although I'm not sure how that works.  Especially with an FCD. 

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

My email also mentions a 2-for-1 deposit, although I'm not sure how that works.  Especially with an FCD. 

You are right.  I did not see that at first.  But it won't matter as we use FCD's.  If paying by credit card, then it would be $50/pp instead of $100/pp for the typical deposit.

32 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Hmm, I did not receive an email about this (yes, I'm elite). When did y'all get the email? Nothing in my SPAM folder either...

I'm not elite, but you may want to check to see if you have e-mail checked under notifications in your Profile on your Princess account. 

I'm in and trying to book the Pacific for the 9/20/21 cruise I get up to selecting a cabin, but, then I get  (has happened on two different cruises):

We apologize for the inconvenience

It appears that something has gone wrong and we were not able to continue to the next step.

Yes, I too couldn't find the cruise we wanted on the new European list.  No worries though, a phone call to Princess got the booking done.  I'd prefer to do it all myself online, but I have to say the rep who handled me today was perhaps the best customer service person I've dealt with in 2019 (for any business).

I knew what I wanted, had the fares from the 'secret' website.  Knew which couple of cabins would be best.  Wham, bam she had the whole thing done in about 5 minutes.  Grabbed a couple of FCD's for the deposits.  We were done by 9:15 including effort to do it myself and my time on hold for the phone call.  Honestly, I couldn't have done it faster myself.  

She then proceeded to pull up all of our other bookings looking for an opportunity to add the 'best ever' sale to any of them.  That was slightly disappointing since only one could benefit.  Still, she was very efficient at looking them all over.

Anybody else doing the TA on Pacific, see you onboard!

• Like 1

Yes, I was going to post that I used a Princess Sales rep, like @jondfk to put two cabins on hold and I will deal with which one and final location and package decision before turning it over to our TA to apply FCD's.  I got all the prices I needed from the rep.

I also got pricing from a stripped down basic fare as I wanted to assess whether we would get any value from the B.E.S.  Until I spoke with Princess rep, I wasn't even sure if the Pacific Princess Med cruises would be covered by the B.E.S.  Indicates to me we might be able to re-fare under a future more beneficial sale (for us - not all).  I know it will be tricky with this ship as only a few cabins in each category and you cannot re-fare if sold out. 

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

I knew what I wanted, had the fares from the 'secret' website

Just curious if you can be more forthcoming?  Not sure what you mean.  Makes me think of my TA's booking webpage/engine that is normally hidden, but It wouldn't be useful to me until cruises are open to the public as not posted there yet since only for Elite members.  I had to get pricing for cabin categories I was interested in from the Princess rep.  I tried asking yesterday afternoon, but were still hidden for them.  However, a few minutes before noon ET today, they were there.  That is when I found out B.E.S. promotion fares apply to the fall 2021 Med cruises. 

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with Princess, got my cabin, doing the Rome to Venice on 9/8/2021 on the Pacific Princess! Super excited, it overnites in Venice at the end, and, we have always wanted to go to Venice.  

We're going on the Pacific in May, hope we like it!

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

Just curious if you can be more forthcoming?  Not sure what you mean.  Makes me think of my TA's booking webpage/engine that is normally hidden, but It wouldn't be useful to me until cruises are open to the public as not posted there yet since only for Elite members.  I had to get pricing for cabin categories I was interested in from the Princess rep.  I tried asking yesterday afternoon, but were still hidden for them.  However, a few minutes before noon ET today, they were there.  That is when I found out B.E.S. promotion fares apply to the fall 2021 Med cruises. 

Well that’s right, obviously to roll out new voyages they have to pre release itineraries and indicative prices to TAs a couple of weeks ahead.  Someone here always posts itineraries and indicative fares, that’s what I meant when I said I knew what I wanted.

It’s true though that nothing is official until Princess opens for bookings. 

I too was quite surprised the BES applied to these new releases, a happy surprise for sure.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Well that’s right, obviously to roll out new voyages they have to pre release itineraries and indicative prices to TAs a couple of weeks ahead.  Someone here always posts itineraries and indicative fares, that’s what I meant when I said I knew what I wanted.

It’s true though that nothing is official until Princess opens for bookings. 

I too was quite surprised the BES applied to these new releases, a happy surprise for sure.  

Ahh, I understand.  Yes, I had those "lead in" fares as well, but they only include the bottom categories and then it all included B.S.E. promo and I took that at first as a default to hold and I have just changed now to a basic "stripped down" fare with no perks because the drink value to us is just more than we would pay normally.  We can pay our own grats and one unlimited internet package plus my wife use 500 minutes (Pacific only has Princess Connect and it costs ~ 2x as much as MedallionNet).  I normally bring my own wine as well and something tells me I can find some bottles in Italy!!!  LOL.

Edited by steelers36
  • Haha 1

I looked at the Basic fare and current Promotion for Northern Lights cruise ..hard to tell what Gratuities will be in 24 months ..extra $300 each .

A British Isles cruise caught my eye as the stop for Stonehenge says Portland ..I think they mean Portsmouth ...LOL.

32 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

I looked at the Basic fare and current Promotion for Northern Lights cruise ..hard to tell what Gratuities will be in 24 months ..extra $300 each .

A British Isles cruise caught my eye as the stop for Stonehenge says Portland ..I think they mean Portsmouth ...LOL.

Ships go to Portland all the time. It’s about 90 mins from Stonehenge. 

9 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I just got off the phone with Princess, got my cabin, doing the Rome to Venice on 9/8/2021 on the Pacific Princess! Super excited, it overnites in Venice at the end, and, we have always wanted to go to Venice.  

We're going on the Pacific in May, hope we like it!

We booked this one, too!  We chose the 9/8/2021 itinerary because it substitutes another port for Ravenna, which we've visited before.  Loved the mosaics, but we've seen them and now we get to see somewhere new.   We did Venice to Rome on the Pacific a couple of years ago, and it remains one of our favorites.

My gripe is that the cruises didn't show up for me until about 12:30 ET, and when they finally did, blocks of cabins were already unavailable.  Since they weren't individual cabins here and there, but sections of cabins, they must have been taken by TAs.  Kind of dilutes the "elite booking window" benefit.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pompeii said:

My gripe is that the cruises didn't show up for me until about 12:30 ET, and when they finally did, blocks of cabins were already unavailable.  Since they weren't individual cabins here and there, but sections of cabins, they must have been taken by TAs.  Kind of dilutes the "elite booking window" benefit.   

Oops, I have to correct myself.  I didn't realize that the 12-day cruise I booked is part of a 24-day back to back.  So it actually turns out that the blocked cabins are held for the other itinerary.  Never mind...