items no longer given/offered

Knickearth

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

Sabatinis used to offer a brunch on sea days on the Grand class ships when they first came out.

The Tex-Mex restaurant (Painted Desert/Desert Rose) also used to have brunch on sea days that was cheaper than dinner.

I remember the additional restaurants on the Grand and Star but don't recall anything at Sabatinis.

Loved both of them and went often.

Guess I chalk it up to getting old.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I remember the additional restaurants on the Grand and Star but don't recall anything at Sabatinis.

Loved both of them and went often.

Guess I chalk it up to getting old.

I never ate there as it was so seafood centric (allergies).

19 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have never heard of this.  🤔

For the entire ship?

It cost extra but was well worth the price. Anyone could book it. I don't remember if it was offered every day or just a couple of times during our cruise. We noticed it first on our Golden Princess cruise in 2002 but didn't do it until our Star Princess cruise to Alaska in 2003. We ate at the Painted Desert on that Golden Princess cruise--the Tex-Mex specialty restaurant that the Golden and Grand Princess had back then instead of a steakhouse. The $8 charge included a big margarita. We also had dinner at Sabatini's on that cruise. 

Just now, geoherb said:

It cost extra but was well worth the price. Anyone could book it. I don't remember if it was offered every day or just a couple of times during our cruise. We noticed it first on our Golden Princess cruise in 2002 but didn't do it until our Star Princess cruise to Alaska in 2003. We ate at the Painted Desert on that Golden Princess cruise--the Tex-Mex specialty restaurant that the Golden and Grand Princess had back then instead of a steakhouse. The $8 charge included a big margarita. We also had dinner at Sabatini's on that cruise. 

I loved those giant margaritas!! They were the best!

13 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

On my past cruises, the last one being March, I always received extra soaps.  Just asked for them.

I'm wondering if I should bring my own soap on the Sky next month.  

Others have said recently they are bringing their own, as the soap is liquid now.

On 12/29/2019 at 1:46 PM, MissP22 said:

As can we.

They can keep their over priced drink packages/gratuities & unlimited internet package. My TA prices it both ways- With & without the promo's.

At this point I don't see much of any "deals" but we just did a 7 day on the Regal for $548 for 2 people (balcony cabin) for the week after considering all our OBC. 

Food was great.

We only had maybe 2 meals that were so-so between the DR & buffet.

You've got to be ready to leave anytime they have an unfilled ship & now isn't the best time, especially not on the Sky.

we live in SEFL, I always wondered where people find the last minute cruise deals for FL residents.  Can you share where you find the deals?

1 hour ago, blastofftosj said:

we live in SEFL, I always wondered where people find the last minute cruise deals for FL residents.  Can you share where you find the deals?

Go to the Princess website make an account you can sign up for last minute deals! They will send you emails!

• Like 1