items no longer given/offered

Knickearth

Did you ask if they are never being offered or if they were just out of them?  I know the gel masks have always been hit or miss for us.  Same with various wine offerings (or is the white zinfandel not on the new wine lists?).  We did have the dining room mints on the Sapphire Princess in June.

• Like 1

I think Princess has recently redone their wine lists. Maybe that is why the wine you seek isn't there. I don't consider it a change for the better or worst.

Gel Masks have been missing in our elite package for a few years at least. We never used them, left them on board along with other items in the package.

Mints were on our Caribbean Princess cruise in August, maybe they are gone now due to the ship wide reduction in individual wrapped items. Did you notice sugar is now in a bowl, not in packets.

• Like 2

Recently I found the mints and tooth picks are gone. I was told it's for the ecology REALLY!  I was told the sugar packets are being replaced by a large -sized shaker container like we used to see back in the 50's. 

Bar soaps

Canvas tote bags in suites

Personalized stationary in suites

coffee cards with all 15 coffees you paid for good until you used all 15

second entree in specialty restaurants

meclazine at guest service

postcards of the ship

then there is the replacement on the always available menu like replacing steak with meatloaf.

I recently sailed on a more inclusive line (Azamara) and found the price comparable to Princess when I accounted for the included items. Most of these premium lines don't have a home port in Los Angeles for me to use.

Edited by cruzsnooze

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Being on a cruise at present, I thought it interesting to start a topic of items we noticed were no longer given or offered.

White Zinfandel

Elites:  gel masks

dining room mints and toothpics

please add items if you have any.  Thanks

I have one. (See Photo) This may become a collectors item someday. 😳😁

Tony

7B0E5302-8516-400A-981C-4313E2790A85.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

Did you ask if they are never being offered or if they were just out of them?  I know the gel masks have always been hit or miss for us.  Same with various wine offerings (or is the white zinfandel not on the new wine lists?).  We did have the dining room mints on the Sapphire Princess in June.

We would not miss those Princess cloth tote bags.....we always throw them away and I am sure they could save so money getting rid of those too....

• Like 2

Writing Room, letter writing paper and envelopes with cruise line logo, post cards,   cruise line pens ( not those you can buy in ships' shops),

Individual shampoos and conditioners, bar soap.

Streamers at sail away, Hawaiian Leis for Island Night or Deck parties,

Midnight buffets, morning coffee/tea being served in the lounges.

Sitting with high ranking Officers in the dining room. Then being invited to their cabins for private cocktail parties.

Stewards serving early morning tea/coffee in cabin as a wake up call, stewards having time to talk to guests,

Some of these are not environmentally friendly, I know. Some go back many, many years.

You now need to ask for the Log of the Cruise if you want one.  I have to shake my head, though, when the reason they give is to save paper.  They aren't very concerned about that with all the art auction and Lotus spa ads they leave in my room....

• Like 12

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was told the sugar packets are being replaced by a large -sized shaker container like we used to see back in the 50's. 

What happens for those of us who use the 'non' sugar packets....does that come bulk to put in a shaker...i personally use the pink packets. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, msmoger said:

It's been on the menu on the second formal night of every cruise we have taken, without exception.

Awhile ago I remember reading of a shortage of escargot impacting availability but we definitely had it on our Crown Princess Christmas cruise last year and our Sapphire Princess cruise last June.  In fact we've never been on a Princess cruise (25+) where it wasn't offered because I always order it.

No more traditional dining only, with no anytime or alternative dining venues

No more internet availability in the Internet Cafe only

No more keys or plastic punch cards to access rooms

No more shuffleboard being the main sport option onboard

No more lack of Sanctuary or MUTS

No more ships being built with minimal balcony cabins

No more need to ask a TA or call Princess direct to inquire about current pricing or cabin availability

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1