items no longer given/offered

Knickearth

On 12/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, pompeii said:

You now need to ask for the Log of the Cruise if you want one.  I have to shake my head, though, when the reason they give is to save paper.  They aren't very concerned about that with all the art auction and Lotus spa ads they leave in my room....

Agree!  All the sale papers from the spa and the art auctions drive me crazy!

On 12/11/2019 at 5:00 PM, cruzrbachoua said:

What happens for those of us who use the 'non' sugar packets....does that come bulk to put in a shaker...i personally use the pink packets. 

No, they have the individual packets.  Sometimes the yellow packet equivilents are in a white packet.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Sugar doesn’t produce income, advertising can.

I guess my laughing face doesn't show up in the response that clearly.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Same for us on the Sky in Dec. and we got only 1 roll of toilet paper over the 3 day cruise. No spare roll this trip. 

Maybe you could have used their flyers in an emergency. 

Image result for laughing face gif

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I guess my laughing face doesn't show up in the response that clearly.

Maybe you could have used their flyers in an emergency. 

Image result for laughing face gif

Next step will be all the leftover corncobs from the dining  venues.  Remember we must recycle and save the world and universe from extinction!  No more paper  Charmin!  Get tough!  Get environmentally friendly! Do your part!

No corncobs?  Next step will be recycled pine cones.

Remember, we all almost died over those  ****** plastic straws.

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, MissP22 said:

Occasionally they get some bad cuts on every ship. On the Crown last year they had one night where it was terrible at the buffet. I talked to the sioux chef about it & she thanked me & said it had already been noted for the future cruise. 

At least they did something to fix the situation. 

A "sioux" chef , that is priceless.

4 minutes ago, Fat Albert said:

2 minutes ago, Fat Albert said:

That flew right over her.

Although it was a brain f**t at that moment I'd really like to experience that cuisine.....just to say I've tried it.

On the Crown in November there were no cocktail napkins, stir sticks or those bamboo picks for your olives or cherries. It was a pain when you had peanuts at the bar with no napkins. They started giving passengers paper towels. Some things they just haven't  put a thought into how much money they are saving or wasting.

1 hour ago, kapsgp said:

On the Crown in November there were no cocktail napkins, stir sticks or those bamboo picks for your olives or cherries. It was a pain when you had peanuts at the bar with no napkins. They started giving passengers paper towels. Some things they just haven't  put a thought into how much money they are saving or wasting.

What you said was absolutely correct but do you actually eat those peanuts at the bar after people dump a handful in their hand, pick thought what they want & put the rest back? 🤮 

They would be better off handing put individual bags of nuts. 

8 hours ago, Fat Albert said:

Since 'she' thanked you, her name was probably Sue and she was the chef unless she belonged to an Indian Tribe, which could put a whole different spin on the matter.

18 hours ago, suzyed said:

We just had escargot on the Emerald and the Sapphire.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

What you said was absolutely correct but do you actually eat those peanuts at the bar after people dump a handful in their hand, pick thought what they want & put the rest back? 🤮 

They would be better off handing put individual bags of nuts. 

Horror of horrors.  Yes I've known many, many people who have died from eating peanuts in such a contaminated way.  Those peanut buckets need to be sanitized and sterilized after each and every use.  The cost of a surgical instrument sterilizer would be well worth the expense in order to save just one life!  Thanks for your suggestion!

On 12/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, srpilo said:

Elite in cabin canape's --> Chocolate covered Strawberries  on formal nights 

the Elite canapés in cabin are still available, however now you have to fill out the room service card with your selections and give to your steward in advance if you want them delivered. Many people (including us), ended up not eating them so they must have wasted a lot and figured this way, those that want them can have them.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess when they start to disappear they will go back to the packaged sugar. 

BEE healthy.  Use pure honey instead and forget about the packaged chemicals and sugar.  They are not good for you now and probably never will be in the future.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:57 PM, Thrak said:

We had escargot on Sapphire in October but none on Emerald in November. I certainly hope the lack of champagne splits was only a brief thing on a ship or two. We have the beverage package on our cruises next fall and I love getting those to take to my cabin for morning mimosa drinking. I also like to take one or two to the disembarkation lounge to make mimosas while waiting to disembark.

How were we on the same cruise with different availability of items?  I had escargot on the Emerald AND the Sapphire!

On 12/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, MissP22 said:

It'll be interesting to see how they accomplish that one. 3 or 4 shakers at each table? Maybe one wall mounted one for the whole restaurant? 😅

I think the sugar dispensers they're no using are worse for spreading germs since many hands touch them each day & they're probably never cleaned, only refilled.

Agree on the sugar dispensers....you have to pick it up with your hands and how many fingers have touched the "spout"?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Horror of horrors.  Yes I've known many, many people who have died from eating peanuts in such a contaminated way.  Those peanut buckets need to be sanitized and sterilized after each and every use.  The cost of a surgical instrument sterilizer would be well worth the expense in order to save just one life!  Thanks for your suggestion!

That wasn't the point. 

It just that some people like to empty the jar in their hand & select the nuts they like & pour the rest back in the jar. I've seen it many times and I seriously doubt they throw out the unused continents each day. 

Nasty.

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Agree on the sugar dispensers....you have to pick it up with your hands and how many fingers have touched the "spout"?

I always read about how bad it is to fill a personal water bottle directly with the spigot and one should  use a clean glass to fill it. How are those mounted sugar dispensers any different. I have seen them in hospital cafe’s and convenient stores. There is always sugar spread all over the counter.

Edited by Iamcruzin

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

During a Noro outbreak will I have to wait for a waiter to pour sugar in my coffee. I know they remove salt and pepper shakers during outbreaks. Well it’s been a long time since I was on a ship with Noro. Maybe they don’t do that anymore.