ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades ecember 14, 2019

Scrapnana

4 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Looks like she will be back at Port Everglades around noon Tuesday.

Curious how you figure that? Port Everglades Vessel Traffic only shows her previously scheduled (but now in question) 12/21 arrival & departure. Nothing listed for NA Tuesday.

1 minute ago, HAL Sailer said:

Curious how you figure that? Port Everglades Vessel Traffic only shows her previously scheduled (but now in question) 12/21 arrival & departure. Nothing listed for NA Tuesday.

Oh, I see it now. Not on Port Everglades port roster but on NA's tracking on Marine Traffic. (Thanks all for your patience. Trying to learn. Father was with Strategic Air Command and he left behind in me an insatiable curiosity.)

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Oh, I see it now. Not on Port Everglades port roster but on NA's tracking on Marine Traffic. (Thanks all for your patience. Trying to learn. Father was with Strategic Air Command and he left behind in me an insatiable curiosity.)

Just remember that the status and destination data on an AIS tracking site depends on the timely and accurate input by the ship's navigation officer.  As an example, last night we were underway going up the Mississippi River, yet our AIS still showed our destination as "SW8" (South West Pass at the mouth of the river).  2nd Mate did not have time to enter new data.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samanthac25 said:

😂😂😂 As someone that’s supposed to sail on 12/21, if I didn’t laugh, I’d cry 😜😜🤣🤣🤣

Samanthac25, I noticed on the NA 12/21 CC rollcall a number of people are cruising with teens. Maybe, on your rollcall, those with teens could begin strategizing backup plans as budgetary concerns, desired activities and your teen's interests probably have some commonalties. If the worst happens, it might lead to a fun, group backup plan and location.  And, if your NA cruise sails (hopefully, hopefully, hopefully) as planned, all will have made some pre-cruise connections leading to extra shipboard fun. Wishing you the best!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Samanthac25, I noticed on the NA 12/21 CC rollcall a number of people are cruising with teens. Maybe, on your rollcall, those with teens could begin strategizing backup plans as budgetary concerns, desired activities and your teen's interests probably have some commonalties. If the worst happens, it might lead to a fun, group backup plan and location.  And, if your NA cruise sails (hopefully, hopefully, hopefully) as planned, all will have made some pre-cruise connections leading to extra shipboard fun. Wishing you the best!

I love this idea! I’ll wait and see what happens tomorrow and maybe reach out to fellow cruisers tomorrow in the event of a cancellation.  Thanks for thinking of us 😊😊