ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades ecember 14, 2019

Scrapnana

9 minutes ago, Himself said:

John:  Thanks for the link.  When will she be back?

That's an unknown at this point, Father. When the repairs to the ailing pod are successfully completed

Edited by Copper10-8

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

That's an unknown at this point, Father. When the repairs to the ailing pod are successfully repaired

I hope that it can be done quickly.  It would be ashame if people could not do the Christmas cruise.

On 12/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, Samanthac25 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I actually booked this one with my 14 year old because we don’t have any family left after my mother passed away last year and we didn’t want to spend the holiday at home alone and sad. Losing our vacation over Christmas would be devastating for both of us this year. Hoping for the best and that we sail as planned. 

Hope you have found a TA who might be able to find you a cruise from Florida this weekend or even Charleston or Baltimore where you could drive from PA. 

On 12/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, wyobean said:

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that if your cruise is cancelled you will be able to come up with an alternative plan. Helping your son deal with his grief will help you deal with yours. Maybe a last minute cruise on another ship, another cruise line? Enlist the help of a TA and ask for suggestions. Please don’t let it be devastating. Make a memory and teach your son that things don’t always work out as planned. The best of luck to you.

Wayobean, those are wise words and so true. Even call Holland America to see if they can fit the man and his son on another cruise. Keeping fingers crossed.