Complaint or Rant?

dlwolf72

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Add in Royal Caribbean inconsistency and any answer at any time can be both right and wrong. 

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

And to what the OP is saying..yes, if you call 10 different Royal reps you will get 10 different answers.  It's frustrating.  You also can't crowdsource answers from here because experiences do vary from ship to ship.

I wonder why Royal does not have a fleet-wide policy for certain things and instead will alter the rules based on ship, sail date, cruise director, hotel director, captain, astrological charts, phase of the moon, throw of a dart or whatever the Magic 8 ball says....

By keeping things consistent, they could have a simple 1 page Word Document or Excel file their Customer Service reps can read from. Our host Bob @Host Clarea probably already has an up-to-date document prepared &  ready to go at the click of a mouse.

I think that many US consumers have been frustrated by customer service representatives from other countries that were difficult to understand on the phone. It is not an unusual situation. I have had my own issues (with the phone company) . 

15 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You also can't crowdsource answers from here because experiences do vary from ship to ship.

15 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

And to what the OP is saying..yes, if you call 10 different Royal reps you will get 10 different answers.  It's frustrating. 

So what you are saying is that all those 10 different Royal reps have a correct answer.😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder why Royal does not have a fleet-wide policy for certain things and instead will alter the rules based on ship, sail date, cruise director, hotel director, captain, astrological charts, phase of the moon, throw of a dart or whatever the Magic 8 ball says....

Depending on the issue, you may want to give the ship leeway to deal with it. For most things, it's all about maximizing revenue and keeping things vague may help that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Depending on the issue, you may want to give the ship leeway to deal with it. For most things, it's all about maximizing revenue and keeping things vague may help that.

I personally would like to see consistency with the sail cards across the fleet.  But, no biggie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I personally would like to see consistency with the sail cards across the fleet.  But, no biggie.

Agreed. I would never judge the quality of a  cruise on whether or not I could get a free shake or have access to a certain lounge - exception being if I'm a suite guest and paid for access to SL for that cruise only.

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

By keeping things consistent, they could have a simple 1 page Word Document or Excel file their Customer Service reps can read from. Our host Bob @Host Clarea probably already has an up-to-date document prepared &  ready to go at the click of a mouse.

I swear that some of the regular CC members must have a word document  that they just copy and paste to answer the same questions over and over. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed. I would never judge the quality of a  cruise on whether or not I could get a free shake or have access to a certain lounge - exception being if I'm a suite guest and paid for access to SL for that cruise only.

I don't get the fascination of a milk shake either?  JR at home makes them the same way as McDonalds out of a machine with a mix. The last time I had a milk shake with real ice cream was when I was a kid and ordered a Fribble at Friendly's.  I don't think they make them that way anymore either.  Now I understand from another thread you can get  wine slushies and frozen cocktails from a machine.  Either the world is going to Hell or I'm just getting old.  Screw the organic vegetables I want an organic cocktail.

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2019 at 11:12 AM, FireEMT978 said:

I take "Bubba" as being referred to as an insult, such as "Hillbilly" or "Redneck".

I agree it was unnecessary to use the word Bubba.

Also, I think another issue is the agents have no sense of humor and perhaps they are trained to be businesslike too much. They dont understand various types of nationalities with various points of view.

I for one get tired of hearing the words "I am sorry" after each sentence. Too much and rather annoying.

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I swear that some of the regular CC members must have a word document  that they just copy and paste to answer the same questions over and over. 

I like to think my point of view is somewhat personalized to the situstion

• Clarea locked this topic