Complaint or Rant?

dlwolf72

This is either a complaint or a rant, but I don’t know which one.

I tried to find out from RC on the telephone, assuming I buy a “Refreshment Package”, whether I can get a milkshake at “Sugar Beach” on Oasis and if I would need to pay the cover charge at “Johnny Rockets” to get one. What was frustrating is getting someone representing RC that I can’t understand and doesn’t understand me. I’m wondering if RC gets there people who answer telephone calls from “Comcast”.

13 minutes ago, dlwolf72 said:

I tried to find out from RC on the telephone, assuming I buy a “Refreshment Package”, whether I can get a milkshake at “Sugar Beach” on Oasis and if I would need to pay the cover charge at “Johnny Rockets” to get one. What was frustrating is getting someone representing RC that I can’t understand and doesn’t understand me. I’m wondering if RC gets there people who answer telephone calls from “Comcast”.

Guatemala

51 minutes ago, dlwolf72 said:

No matter what a rep tells you it is still wait and see. Things are different ship to ship and sail date to sail date. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dlwolf72 said:

Your post isn't exactly well written, so to demean customer service folks for for lack of understanding seems a bit ironic and unnecessary.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, uvadover said:

Your post isn't exactly well written, so to demean customer service folks for for lack of understanding seems a bit ironic and unnecessary.  

Seems legit, to me. Shouldn't customer service be the ones, to answer these questions?

Or one could understand that we are now in a global economy and accept that not everyone in the world speaks Bubba.

Yes, their english is not as easy to understand as my english but I can guarantee that they would be in much bigger problem if they tried to understand my spanish. I try to give them credit though and we work through it.

My company outsourced our call center a few years ago. The people we hired had Bachelor degrees. Even though English was their primary language, we still had Bubbas complaining because the accents and dialect was different.

It's called INCLUSION

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, uvadover said:

Poster didn't even indicate what answer the rep provided.  Was just focused on an apparent lack of understanding.  

From what I read. I understood, that they could not comprehend/understand the question put forward to them. Although, I may be wrong. OP?

31 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

There are many things available and included on some Royal ships that are not available or included on other Royal ships. For those who haven't cruised with Royal for years this all would be confusing.

Just ask here

Completely agree.  Tons of complexity to some of the offerings on the many ships of RCCL.  Should the customer service reps know, or at least have access to, ALL the answers?  Perhaps.  But the thought of being a member of this site, calling with a fairly nuanced question (perhaps poorly articulated), then racing back here to "rant or complain"  that "they didn't even understand" is silly.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, uvadover said:

Commenting on grammar and sentence structure is a violation of CC rules

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Commenting on grammar and sentence structure is a violation of CC rules

The guidelines say "be tolerant."  And I certainly am.  I'd never even think about posters' grammar unless they were "ranting" about the poor communication ability of a customer service rep.  But I am happily moving on from this thread.  Flying to Miami for Oasis on Sunday!  Booyah!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

There are many things available and included on some Royal ships that are not available or included on other Royal ships. For those who haven't cruised with Royal for years this all would be confusing.

Just ask here

Off topic for sure, BIG GAME Sunday

• Like 1

9 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Or one could understand that we are now in a global economy and accept that not everyone in the world speaks Bubba.

Yes, their english is not as easy to understand as my english but I can guarantee that they would be in much bigger problem if they tried to understand my spanish. I try to give them credit though and we work through it.

My company outsourced our call center a few years ago. The people we hired had Bachelor degrees. Even though English was their primary language, we still had Bubbas complaining because the accents and dialect was different.

It's called INCLUSION

x

I must be a Bubba because I understood what the OP wrote. Perhaps it's only because I know how all of these cruise line Reps are so inexperienced and the language barrier is the least of the problem. Add in Royal Caribbean inconsistency and any answer at any time can be both right and wrong. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

I do share the OP's rant/complaint that it is frustrating when you can't communicate.

I speak English. @klfrodo what is "bubba?"

I take "Bubba" as being referred to as an insult, such as "Hillbilly" or "Redneck".

• Thanks 1

Amazing what some people think is demeaning to an individual - seems like you can't express what may be frustrating without the holy then thou people chirping in.

Oh, I apologize if feelings are hurt while reading this.

And to what the OP is saying..yes, if you call 10 different Royal reps you will get 10 different answers.  It's frustrating.  You also can't crowdsource answers from here because experiences do vary from ship to ship.

It is a hard NO for the milkshakes to be covered from Sugar Beach.  I haven't see any instance outside of Star Class where these are covered.

The Johnny Rockets is hit or miss.  Sometimes they will allow it and other times they won't.  Best thing to do is ask nicely if you can get a milkshake to go and tell them you have the drink package.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, klfrodo said:

It's called INCLUSION

I'm sorry, what is 'Bubba'? I have never heard of that language and am curious 🤷‍♀️🤔