Talk to me about Air2Sea Airflights

Jimbo

Reserved flights for Alaska, refundable.

On United Airlines

1. PHL to Chicago

2. Chicago to ANC

3. Vancouver to Chicago

4.  Chicago to PHL

Was able to go on the United site and select seats free of charge economy for flights , 1, 3 and 4 but when it came up to flight #2.  I was trying to buy preferred seat for a $25 upgrade(window seat) and a middle seat which was no charge.

I get to the screen to pay the $25, using both Visa and Discover Card and it's not allowing the transaction to go through?

Anyone care to guess what the transaction not going through?

I get this message?

! We're sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.

Please try later or contact united.com support in the U.S and Canada at 1-800-396-1751;the U.K., at 0800-028-5003; elsewhere, at the local phone number.

Edited by Jimbo

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Reserved flights for Alaska, refundable.

On United Airlines

1. PHL to Chicago

2. Chicago to ANC

3. Vancouver to Chicago

4.  Chicago to PHL

Was able to go on the United site and select seats free of charge economy for flights , 1, 3 and 4 but when it came up to flight #2.  I was trying to buy preferred seat for a $25 upgrade(window seat) and a middle seat which was no charge.

I get to the screen to pay the $25, using both Visa and Discover Card and it's not allowing the transaction to go through?

Anyone care to guess what the transaction not going through?

I get this message?

! We're sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.

Please try later or contact united.com support in the U.S and Canada at 1-800-396-1751;the U.K., at 0800-028-5003; elsewhere, at the local phone number.

I would call them as suggested.  We are almost always able to pick our seats/upgrade on Air2Sea, but we usually choose Delta and have only done it on flights to Europe for our TAs.

Jumbo, I was having the same issue yesterday on my Ipad, since my cruise isn’t for 11 months, I am going to wait a bit and try again on the upgrades.  It is possible it is there issue.  I was amazed that I could book plane tickets without giving a credit card on Air2Sea.  That seems insane.

jc

I was surprised I was even allowed to pick my seats for 3 of the flights even though I won't be paying it for it until the final payment of the cruise is due. Because who knows we could even have to cancel if something should come up that doesn't allow us to go.

I have another question, if I see the total price go down on the exact flights we reserved at a later time. What is the procedure for obtaining the new lower price? and does it cost me some kind of fee to rebook the flights at the lower price? 

I see there was already a non refundable Processing fee of $30 charged from Air2Sea. I'm not exactly head of heels with the price I'm paying but I wanted to have something before that exact flight is sold out.

I wanted to arrive in Anchorage by 2pm so we could get on the road for our first hotel stop at The Hotel Alyeska and could enjoy the drive in the daylight. 

Our DIY tour/ cruise is 7 months out.

Edited by Jimbo

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Jimbo, I was having the same issue yesterday on my Ipad, since my cruise isn’t for 11 months, I am going to wait a bit and try again on the upgrades.  It is possible it is there issue.  I was amazed that I could book plane tickets without giving a credit card on Air2Sea.  That seems insane.

jc

From what I was told the price of the air tickets will be put on the total of the final payment you owe for the cruise portion of your trip. Thus if you should have to cancel before final payment you would owe anything for the air tickets, basically I guess what we are doing is just holding spots on the flights. Unpaid spots at that.

Edited by Jimbo

Does anyone know if for the Chicago to Anchorage flight and I can pick just 2 regular seats now and then can I go back on the United site  at a later time and upgrade for a fee to two seats with more leg room(these seats would be a couple of rows behind first class)? It's about $100 more a seat but would give us alot more room for the 6 1/2 hour flight?

Can that be done when doing Air2Sea?

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does anyone know if for the Chicago to Anchorage flight and I can pick just 2 regular seats now and then can I go back on the United site  at a later time and upgrade for a fee to two seats with more leg room(these seats would be a couple of rows behind first class)? It's about $100 more a seat but would give us alot more room for the 6 1/2 hour flight?

Can that be done when doing Air2Sea?

We've done that with United, Delta, and American flights purchased through Air2Sea.  However, there's no guarantee that Air2Sea will purchase a ticket class that has the upgrade ability.  I'd talk to the Air2Sea people first to confirm.

Now that Air2Sea has changed their policy and are no longer requiring full payment for airfare until the final cruise payment is due, upgrading seats has become tricky. According to Air2Sea prior to full payment for airfare being made, you can only pick your seats for the category that you tickets are for. If you want to upgrade you cannot do this until you fully pay for your airline tickets. For our last 2 flights booked through Air2Sea, we paid in full for our flights earlier than required in order to upgrade our seats. 

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

Now that Air2Sea has changed their policy and are no longer requiring full payment for airfare until the final cruise payment is due, upgrading seats has become tricky. According to Air2Sea prior to full payment for airfare being made, you can only pick your seats for the category that you tickets are for. If you want to upgrade you cannot do this until you fully pay for your airline tickets. For our last 2 flights booked through Air2Sea, we paid in full for our flights earlier than required in order to upgrade our seats. 

Thanks for clarfication of the new rules, guess it makes sense since the tickets aren't really paid for yet, why deprive someone of those seats that we may or may not be going to use.

I will go back now and just reserve regular non upgraded seats which are toward the back of the plane.

Tell me this though, since you already paid for the air flights in full, say the price of your exact same seats go down in price are you able to go in and rebook at the lower price just like you can do for your cruise portion up to final payment date?

What kind of fees are involved when trying to do this? Also the air tickets you bought were they refundable or non refundable?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Tell me this though, since you already paid for the air flights in full, say the price of your exact same seats go down in price are you able to go in and rebook at the lower price just like you can do for your cruise portion up to final payment date? ...

I've not tried this lately, but in the past RC would also reprice the cruise portion if you asked to reprice the air portion.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I've not tried this lately, but in the past RC would also reprice the cruise portion if you asked to reprice the air portion.

What if the category you booked is no longer available and pretty good chance it will never become available again?

Just now, Jimbo said:

What if the category you booked is no longer available and pretty good chance it will never become available again?

No idea what they would do.  Could be nothing to using the last sold price.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for clarfication of the new rules, guess it makes sense since the tickets aren't really paid for yet, why deprive someone of those seats that we may or may not be going to use.

I will go back now and just reserve regular non upgraded seats which are toward the back of the plane.

Tell me this though, since you already paid for the air flights in full, say the price of your exact same seats go down in price are you able to go in and rebook at the lower price just like you can do for your cruise portion up to final payment date?

What kind of fees are involved when trying to do this? Also the air tickets you bought were they refundable or non refundable?

Thanks

If you booked economy seats you should be able to go to the airline site and pick your seats, but if you want to upgrade to a premium economy or business/first class you would have to pay the full fare before you can do that. If you originally book a premium economy or business/first class with Air2Sea, you can wait and pay for the tickets with the cruise final payment and  pick that class of seats on the airline site. You can only pick the class of seats you booked with Air2Sea until the full payment is made.

Since we wanted to upgrade and those seats fill up faster then economy, we paid the fare in full.  It worked out costing less to book economy with Air2Sea and then upgrade on the airline site. The tickets are refundable and can be changed, but with a fee. Once fully paid for, I was told you can't get a price reduction if the price decreases. 

3 hours ago, lr657 said:

If you originally book a premium economy or business/first class with Air2Sea, you can wait and pay for the tickets with the cruise final payment and  pick that class of seats on the airline site. You can only pick the class of seats you booked with Air2Sea until the full payment is made.

I booked premium economy on Tuesday but could not pick my seat at AA.com.  However, I called Air2Sea on Thursday and was able to pick my seat.  

Well this kind of stinks, I just went back on the Air2Sea site, was going to put in my reservation # and check to see if prices of flights changed or not.

Well it seems now I can't check the box for each passenger and see what flights are available and what the prices are?

So it seems I can't even check prices now. 

So anyone know where I would go to see if prices are lower online or do I have to call Air2Sea and ask them to check for me and who is to know whether or not they will tell me the truth?

I did select economy seats since the other prices were crazy high. I do now have seats selected fro all 4 flights.

23 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Be sure and watch your flights. Sometimes they change flights without notifying you and your preferred seats are lost. 

When there is a change by the airline, do they refund your preferred seat charge?

6 minutes ago, artvlay said:

When there is a change by the airline, do they refund your preferred seat charge?

I’ve had this happen on Alaska Air, Lufthansa and United and had to call to get my upgrade charges refunded. It was ultimately refunded. 

Just now, FLACRUISER99 said:

Did you pay Air2Sea/RCI or the airline?

We called Air2Sea and paid for the flights. We then went to the Delta site and were able to upgrade and pay for the difference on their website. We did it this way because the cost was a lot less. The 2 times we have recently done this were both for 1-way international flights. The economy flights on Air2Sea were  much less than they were on the Delta site, but the Comfort+ seats were actually a lot more. Worked out well for us and we saved about $1600.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:26 AM, Jimbo said:

I was surprised I was even allowed to pick my seats for 3 of the flights even though I won't be paying it for it until the final payment of the cruise is due. Because who knows we could even have to cancel if something should come up that doesn't allow us to go.

I have another question, if I see the total price go down on the exact flights we reserved at a later time. What is the procedure for obtaining the new lower price? and does it cost me some kind of fee to rebook the flights at the lower price? 

I see there was already a non refundable Processing fee of $30 charged from Air2Sea. I'm not exactly head of heels with the price I'm paying but I wanted to have something before that exact flight is sold out.

I wanted to arrive in Anchorage by 2pm so we could get on the road for our first hotel stop at The Hotel Alyeska and could enjoy the drive in the daylight. 

Our DIY tour/ cruise is 7 months out.

Not sure what month you are going to Alaska, but it won’t get fully dark most likely til midnight or later.

jc

I just booked an Air2Sea flight last week and paid in full so I have good seat choices. The agent actually tried to talk me into waiting until final payment date, but I know the selection would be very limited by then. I went right in and upgraded to the seating we wanted as almost all seats were still open. (Flight in October 2020)