Payment Question

Sean_B

26 minutes ago, Crusin Hogs said:

Have to be paid in full 45 days before the cruise sailing date 

This varies based on length and time of year. We are doing a 9 day Journeys out of NYC and payment is due about 90 days beside. Holiday sailings are 75 days beside, if I remember correctly. 

6 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

If check-in date for your cruise is before final payment date, you do not have to be paid in full to begin check-in.

You can complete the check-in process in stages if you don't yet have all the information necessary.

Happy sailing.

Thank you. We have all the info and everything is set to go, expect we will not be paying our balance (which is the full price of the cruise minus the deposits we paid) until it's due. I just didn't want that to stop us from being able to do the web check-in.

Much appreciated.

7 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

If check-in date for your cruise is before final payment date, you do not have to be paid in full to begin check-in.

You can complete the check-in process in stages if you don't yet have all the information necessary.

Happy sailing.

This

14 hours ago, Roz said:

You may be able to do online check-in, but I don't think you'll be able to print cruise docs, including boarding pass.

The only thing you can't print before final payment is the boarding passes.  You can print the luggage tags.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The only thing you can't print before final payment is the boarding passes.  You can print the luggage tags.

So I can do the web check-in before final payment (and pick our check-in time, etc, etc), I just can't print the boarding passes?

I already have the luggage tags saved via PDF.

52 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

That was the most clear explanation I've received. Thank you!

You are welcome Sean.  I try to answer the question asked without throwing in extraneous, unsolicited information.

I hope you have a great cruise.  Now I'm going to throw in some extraneous information.  Take time to do nothing but relax.  You will have new things to experience on your next cruise.

21 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

You are welcome Sean.  I try to answer the question asked without throwing in extraneous, unsolicited information.

I hope you have a great cruise.  Now I'm going to throw in some extraneous information.  Take time to do nothing but relax.  You will have new things to experience on your next cruise.

Unfortunately as a Canadian this will be a "one and done" cruise for us, due to the overall cost. We plan to relax and enjoy it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean_B said:

Unfortunately as a Canadian this will be a "one and done" cruise for us, due to the overall cost. We plan to relax and enjoy it though.

hi Sean, have a great first cruise, don't be sure it's a one and done deal, many of us got hooked and it's a very reasonable vacation. BTW, what does Canada have to do with it,  airfares are marginally different. 

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

hi Sean, have a great first cruise, don't be sure it's a one and done deal, many of us got hooked and it's a very reasonable vacation. BTW, what does Canada have to do with it,  airfares are marginally different. 

Exchange rates favor Americans buying Canadian goods and services, not vice versa.

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

well aware of the exchange rate, .77 on the dollar. When we travel internationally we know the exchange rate but never wondered if the total trip was costing more due to the rate. 

Well then doesn't it stand to reason that when the Canadian dollar only buys $0.77 worth of goods in the United States that it costs Canadians much more?  That cruise you paid $2000 for costs $2600 CAD.  That would be fine if Canadians made proportionately more money, but they actually (on average) earn about 16% less than their American counterparts.  Lower wages plus unfavorable exchange rates makes for a big disadvantage.