Meraviglia Cirque du Soleil

Oviedo32765

2 hours ago, xcell said:

Do you have to pay for this on board or is part of the nightly entertainment?

Cirque Du Soleil shows are $18 per person for Cocktail & Show package.

The nightly shows in the main theatre are free, just reserve a seat ahead or go to the theatre on stand-by (entrance not guaranteed).

On 1/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, allyfrizzle said:

I have a sailing on 2/23 Meraviglia and the option to prebook Cirque du Soliel has disappeared.

Disappeared for our 4/12 cruise as well. Had it in my cart but wanted to check with my husband 1st, then next day gone. 

3 minutes ago, CarrieAP said:

Disappeared for our 4/12 cruise as well. Had it in my cart but wanted to check with my husband 1st, then next day gone. 

Bummer. I'll keep an eye on it. Their website is complete *****. It might come back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, mikelan6 said:

We saw Viaggio on the December 29th sailing. We were given awful $18 seats on wooden chairs in the back. No one in my group enjoyed the show. 

Did they not enjoy it because of the seating arrangement, or was it not a good show? Curious.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, Oviedo32765 said:

Of the two Cirque du Soleil shows (Sonor or Viaggio) on Meraviglia, which would you recommend? Thanks.

If you like more modern, Sonor.  The entertainers are the same for both shows, but we enjoyed Sonor more.  The drink that comes with it is a limited selection.  They have trays of drinks when you walk in to pick from, there are like 3 alcohol and on non alcohol choices.  All very watered down, due to the ice melting over time as they sit there and you CANNOT bring in your own drinks

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, mikelan6 said:

We saw Viaggio on the December 29th sailing. We were given awful $18 seats on wooden chairs in the back. No one in my group enjoyed the show. 

We saw it on our January 12th sailing and had a different experience and opinion. 

Dinner was included as a perk when we booked but we changed it to drinks only since we had been warned here on CC about the food.  We were in the YC and when I went to confirm our tickets as instructed and ask for the change, the concierge insisted on handling it.  The day before the show we received tickets with our seat assignments.  We saw no one on wooden chairs.  The first 5 or six rows around the circular stage and before the tables with those having dinner were extremely comfortable seats and fantastic viewing.  We were in the 3rd row on one of the aisles.  We greatly enjoyed the show and the 2 musicians playig Brazilian music (which is one of my DH's favorites) before the show.  During the last 15 minutes before the show they were joined by an extremely talented singer.  That too was very enjoyable.

• Like 2

I have a feeling the show I saw was oversold, thus adding the terrible chairs in the back behind the dining tables. The whole thing was a let down for me.  Starting with being herded in like cattle into the theater, then being told to just grab a drink for yourself. The wooden chairs were not comfortable and then the show was not to my liking.