Revolutionized Equinox

elapel01

How is everyone liking the new Equinox?  I booked a cruise on Equinox for next February but didn’t realize it had already had the revolution remodelling.  What are the changes to balcony cabins?  Cat 1A?  

Any complaints?

Most cabins received new carpet, drapes, mattresses, bed skirts, smaller coffee table and larger TV.  Alcoves were added to the lawn.

Most importantly to me is what was not done.  The Sky Lounge was slated to be cut in half for the addition of suites on the port side.  This was not done due to the dry dock being shortened after the ship had to sail to Spain for her revolution.  So the beautiful Sky Lounge is still in all its glory!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Most importantly to me is what was not done.  The Sky Lounge was slated to be cut in half for the addition of suites on the port side.  This was not done due to the dry dock being shortened after the ship had to sail to Spain for her revolution.  So the beautiful Sky Lounge is still in all its glory!

This is a good thing for us as well! We’re booked again on Equinox in May in a non-suite stateroom. Glad that the Sky  Lounge, as we remembered, will still be an option.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, elapel01 said:

How is everyone liking the new Equinox?  I booked a cruise on Equinox for next February but didn’t realize it had already had the revolution remodelling.  What are the changes to balcony cabins?  Cat 1A?  

Any complaints?

I was in a 1A after the revolution.  The only thing that was done to the cabin was definitely the the bedding and mattress.  I can't recall if the drapes were done.  Maybe it's my old brain but I just can't remember.  Carpet, sofa and desk area were definitely not done.  Most of the cabin wasn't.  The cabins were done starting from the top and working downward except for veranda and below.

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I was in a 1A after the revolution.  The only thing that was done to the cabin was definitely the the bedding and mattress.  I can't recall if the drapes were done.  Maybe it's my old brain but I just can't remember.  Carpet, sofa and desk area were definitely not done.  Most of the cabin wasn't.  The cabins were done starting from the top and working downward except for veranda and below.

Oh that’s not good news.  Maybe the fact that revolution was cut short means that the cabins didn’t get what they were suppose to.  We’re on 9th deck.  Hopefully some other people will let me know about their cabins.  Thanks.

Equinox looked clean and tidy but not much different really than when we cruised her several years ago. 

We were in a suite and had a new sofa and bedding but carpets and curtains looked the same (still in good condition).

We had a wonderful cruise, hope you do too.

• Thanks 1

We were on the ship in December, and she was spotless. This is no hype. It truly was spotless. we were in a C3 cabin, and the drapes, carpet, TV, and bedding were changed. Not the furnishings as far as I could tell.

• Like 1

I really did not see that big of a difference. However, the Retreat Sun Deck appears to be a waste in its current design. I get what they are attempting to do, but the gap is lack of service. There is an attendant up there, but what they should have done was added a bar. There is sufficient space I think for a small bar at the front of the area (facing the bow). Having experienced the Retreat on The Edge (which I was surprise how much I liked it), the dedicated bar service was a winner. Maybe they will revisit the idea on Equinox and add a bar or at least provide a cooler with bottled water.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Thanks.  Disappointing that more wasn’t done to all the cabins.

1 hour ago, gw2fll said:

I really did not see that big of a difference. However, the Retreat Sun Deck appears to be a waste in its current design. I get what they are attempting to do, but the gap is lack of service. There is an attendant up there, but what they should have done was added a bar. There is sufficient space I think for a small bar at the front of the area (facing the bow). Having experienced the Retreat on The Edge (which I was surprise how much I liked it), the dedicated bar service was a winner. Maybe they will revisit the idea on Equinox and add a bar or at least provide a cooler with bottled water.

I'm not sure if a bar was originally part of the plans, but that area did not get the full treatment due to the change in dry dock.

I was on a cruise 2-3 weeks after the revolution and at one of our ports (I'm thinking Puerto Rico), they were unloading containers of mattresses that didn't make it to Cadiz. So it appears that stuff that can be done while the ship is in service are still being done.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UniPac said:

We will be onboard the Equinox in March for the 4 time - so new carpet, new mattress and new TV sounds promising 😁

Are show times stil 7/9pm?

Yes except on rare occasions the shows are still at 7 and 9 PM.   

• Like 1

I found service in the Retreat to be excellent.There was certainly more than just one waiter when I was there.   However, with little shade and no water feature, it was never busy when we were on in Sept.  It is very attractive. Michael's Club, now the Retreat Lounge, was redone and looks much brighter then the original. I saw no change at all in the OCV and feel none is needed. Love that buffet!l 

• Thanks 1

We were in Aqua class for a June sailing.  All new carpet, bedding, drapery... loved it!  Also, besides what everyone else has mentioned, there was some new deck furniture.  Big lounges for couples and a few sofa like chairs.  

Very happy with Equinox. Sailed her in November in a sky suite, and just boarded for our AQ sailing. In great shape! Im happy some of the changes not yet made. Much prefer the traditional feel to the cold, sterile modern look. Glad Sky Lounge is still fully there, and no additional cabins added!

• Like 1

Sailed on the Equinox 12-7 through 12-21, both in Aqua class and  in Concierge class. New beds, bedding, pillows, drapes, carpet, balcony furniture -  minus the footstools, and reupholstered couch.  Outstanding service and food for two weeks!
No complaints from us!

Thanks for replies...they help everyone who’s interested.  Someone mentioned about them only redoing Concierge and higher cabins. I don’t like Concierge, pay more but then we can’t get cabin on the “hump”.  I’m always surprised they don’t charge  concierge prices for the cabins on the hump. I find only minimal changes done to Verandahs disappointing as they charge more than enough for balconies.  I guess we at least get new mattress and bedding! 

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

There were no changes made to the Buffet.

Thanks for your reply.  I was just reading cruise critic.com editor’s article (doesn’t say what date) and it says Oceanview Cafe was redesigned.  I don’t get it....nobody is saying that they saw any difference to this area!  Not sure who the editor is and I can’t reply to the article.  

I think that is just quoting from a press release about the “revolution” the Celebrity ships were getting.  It doesn’t even make sense in reference to Equinox because saying the Buffet will be redesigned in an open marketplace style...Equinox was always like that.  It was the M Class ships that got the open islands setup as opposed to their original one long cafeteria style line...

Regardless of what wasn’t accomplished, Equinox is still a beautiful ship that remains one of our favorites as she stays in Ft. Lauderdale year round!

32 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I think that is just quoting from a press release about the “revolution” the Celebrity ships were getting.  It doesn’t even make sense in reference to Equinox because saying the Buffet will be redesigned in an open marketplace style...Equinox was always like that.  It was the M Class ships that got the open islands setup as opposed to their original one long cafeteria style line...

Regardless of what wasn’t accomplished, Equinox is still a beautiful ship that remains one of our favorites as she stays in Ft. Lauderdale year round!

True! You’re right.  That paragraph must be really old.  Looking forward to next year’s cruise.  We haven’t cruised last 2 years and missing it.  Going to the ABCs which we have only been to Aruba before and that was a long time ago.