NCL wine list please?

Barnos

NCL wine list please?

Hi can anyone point me to a link or even upload a fairly recent wine list from NCL – we are cruising on break away in January this year. We have the standard drinks package included but are considering whether or not it’s worth the upgrade to the premium all-inclusive (no $15 limit) one. My decision is going to be entirely based around the cost of bottles of wine with dinner (which I know are included on premium, package) what I’m trying to work out is what is available – and at what cost on the standard package.

I found that drinking wine by the glass doesn’t really work when you’re sitting down for dinner (although I know it is included)

Any images links would be much appreciated – big thank you to all.

You may want to look into viva vino packages if you are only interested in wine. Really no need to pay a higher cruise fare, plus 20% service charge plus additional daily fee to upgrade to PPBP plus 20% service charge on additional daily fee.

Just Google "viva vino NCL".

Many thanks for the answers – much appreciated.

I've done the Google search for viva vino  but can't seem to find any current information – the price list shown seem to date back to 2010! - Am I missing something?  I seem to recall there was a similar package offered when we cruised with NCL last June -  but that the discount ( compared to simply buying a bottle of wine each meal) was very small.

I should say the main reason for starting this thread was this question?

If you take  the premium beverage package is one of your free at sea options (price $99) -  can you upgrade to the premium plus beverage package (price $128) for just the difference between the two ( $29) ?  our online account seems to say that you can't – that we have to pay full price if we want to upgrade?  seem strange?

Once again – any thoughts advice appreciated –

I see a lot of wines in the $16-$19 range. Does anyone know if you can order wines that cost more than $15/glass and pay the difference between the price and $15 or if you are simply out of luck and need to pay for the entire amount? 

I think I may have found an answer, yes:

Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-beverage-package

Edited by vinotinto

I took some photos of the wine menu at the wine bar on the Joy last week. We found they had a more extensive offering. (And by the way, Vueve Clicquot by the BOTTLE was included on the Joy in the restaurants at dinner with the Premium Plus package).

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

I’m in the fine wine business in NJ, and tend to be a little bit snobbish when it’s comes to drinking wine off a list.  We were on Breakaway last year, upgraded to the PPBP, really did enjoy it, mainly because the Veuve bottles, which seems to have come off the PPBP program by the bottle, and replaced with Moët, which is not a bad deal.  However, with the PPBP, you can still get Veuve by the glass, and I’m going to have them bring me 2 glasses at a time, as I will for my wife when we’re back on Breakaway in April.

That being said....Looking at the new updated wine list, without the PPBP, wine drinkers will have a difficult time finding something by the glass that is worthy of drinking.  I do sell a few of the wines on the list, have them frequently, but either not available by the glass, or not available with the PPBP by the bottle.  Therefore, for us, it’s a no brained to upgrade.  Granted, my next cruise is a 4 night, and it’s only $140pp, its easily worth it, and will definitely take advantage.  

Don’t forget that by upgrading, you also get Starbucks, specialty coffee at dinner, along with Pelligrino Sparkling and Aqua Panna (IIRC) still water at dinner, bottled water at the bars, and better quality liquors.  Put it all together, and you have one heck of a great time!!!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

I’m in the fine wine business in NJ, and tend to be a little bit snobbish when it’s comes to drinking wine off a list.  We were on Breakaway last year, upgraded to the PPBP, really did enjoy it, mainly because the Veuve bottles, which seems to have come off the PPBP program by the bottle, and replaced with Moët, which is not a bad deal.  However, with the PPBP, you can still get Veuve by the glass, and I’m going to have them bring me 2 glasses at a time, as I will for my wife when we’re back on Breakaway in April.

That being said....Looking at the new updated wine list, without the PPBP, wine drinkers will have a difficult time finding something by the glass that is worthy of drinking.  I do sell a few of the wines on the list, have them frequently, but either not available by the glass, or not available with the PPBP by the bottle.  Therefore, for us, it’s a no brained to upgrade.  Granted, my next cruise is a 4 night, and it’s only $140pp, its easily worth it, and will definitely take advantage.  

Don’t forget that by upgrading, you also get Starbucks, specialty coffee at dinner, along with Pelligrino Sparkling and Aqua Panna (IIRC) still water at dinner, bottled water at the bars, and better quality liquors.  Put it all together, and you have one heck of a great time!!!  

So I upgraded to the PPBP because I like to drink Veuve, or I'll try the Moet.  However, if after spending all this money, I want a glass of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, which isn't very expensive.....do I understand correctly that I have to pay for the bottle less 40%?  What is the thinking behind free Moet by the bottle but not a bottle of wine that cost half as much?  Doesn't seem right that after paying $500 for us to upgrade the pkg., I still have to pay for a mid priced white wine that they have.

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

So I upgraded to the PPBP because I like to drink Veuve, or I'll try the Moet.  However, if after spending all this money, I want a glass of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, which isn't very expensive.....do I understand correctly that I have to pay for the bottle less 40%?  What is the thinking behind free Moet by the bottle but not a bottle of wine that cost half as much?  Doesn't seem right that after paying $500 for us to upgrade the pkg., I still have to pay for a mid priced white wine that they have.

You are correct in the fact that you do get a 40% discount if you buy the bottle not on the PPBP. 

Again, being in the wine business, you might want to try another Pinot Grigio besides Santa Margherita.  SM Pinot Grigio is a lot of marketing, not a ton of quality.  I see their choices in PG are limited, but think outside the box!  I did see on one of the lists they had a nice Chenin Blanc, which is a great alternative in a similar weighted white wine that gives a ton of fruit, great acidity and overdelivers for the price.  I do sell a TON of Santa Margherita, and shake my head when I see people pick it up in my stores.  There are a ton more PG’s on the shelves and floors of wine shops for half the price that are twice as good.  Enough of my rant on Santa Margherita, just had to share my thoughts...LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two quick questions.  Are the only free bottles the 15 or so listed?   Are there any dry whites in the list?  Yes I’m going to think outside the box and try plenty. This is a wine tasting time, I wil try the Chenin Blanc.  Did you see any others by the glass that are worthy?  I feel like I’m spending a lot and not getting great choices. Appreciate your input plus I used to be exit 145😀

• 2 years later...

Anyone have an update wine list....   If you book the PP+ are all the bottles of wine available to you on that list per the package?

Is that one bottle per person at dinner.... Meaning 2 people can we order 2? And, then take

the other bottle to our stateroom?

Also, someone has quoted that they on the ship right now are getting bottles at lunch....  

Thank you for any suggestions, guidance, etc.

We also have the standard premium package, but noticed the wine selection didn't have much in the sauvignon blanc options. We toyed with upgrading to the plus package, but now with being able to bring your own wine onboard without incurring a corkage fee, we'll just buy our choice of wine and take and take to dinner with us.

Just got back from the Gem and the only whites available on the package were Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, this was everywhere including the main dining room and Cagney's.

There were also shortages of reds but I have no detail as I was not drinking.

We were told it was a supply issues due to production during the pandemic.

There was also a big lack of beers with only a few standard larger beers available.

Hey everyone - a bit of a different question, and I suppose trying to "game" the system, though I think it is within the rules. To really know if it's within the rules, I'm hoping for y'all's experience/advice:

We are not huge wine drinkers, but we like to entertain at home. Would it be possible for us to order two bottles of wine (one for husband, one for me) at lunch/dinner, and ask that the cork not be taken out? OR could we order the two bottles, then have one glass and cork it back up to take to our stateroom and pack it for home? Does customs allow this? Does NCL allow this?

Also, since we don't really drink a lot of wine, how long does wine stay drinkable after being uncorked?

Thanks everyone! And yes, I know I'm trying to be a cheapskate here...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the wine list a few posts up apply to the entire fleet (including European sailings)? 

It's the most recent I can find. I'm looking for what's most likely to be on the Epic for premium plus in October.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, chillyw said:

Does anyone know if the wine list a few posts up apply to the entire fleet (including European sailings)? 

It's the most recent I can find. I'm looking for what's most likely to be on the Epic for premium plus in October. Thanks.

It would seem f(rom quite a few various review posts) that the selection of availability can vary from ship to ship, AND, from cruise to cruise!

4 hours ago, WoolworthAdventures said:

What does the premium plus mean on the bottle prices do you get it as a glass or is that included at dinner the bottle 

There are selections that are included by the bottle, and others by glass only with the Premium Plus Package.

Everything is subject to the availability onboard your ship, during your sailing.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:56 AM, Barnos said:

If you take  the premium beverage package is one of your free at sea options (price $99) -  can you upgrade to the premium plus beverage package (price $128) for just the difference between the two ( $29) ?  our online account seems to say that you can't – that we have to pay full price if we want to upgrade?  seem strange?

You would seem to have three options:

• As others have said, don't upgrade.  Get your wine by the glass.  If anything is >$15 you'll just pay the difference + 20%.
  • Premium Plus is $29/day pp + 20% (so $34.80.)
  • Free at Sea Plus includes a couple additional premium meals, unlimited non-streaming internet package, additional $50 excursion credit (for the second person in the room) and Premium Plus drinks.  That's $49/day pp.  This is what I'll be opting for whenever I'm eligible (cruises booked after mid January, as I recall.)
Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1