Classic Beverage Package

JanMD

I know this has been asked, but things change daily on Celebrity right now.  We got the Classic Beverage Package as a perk.  When we get on board, will we get a sticker on our cards?  And when you go to a bar and get a bottle water that is included in the package- do you have to pay a tip??

Thanks,

Jan

8 minutes ago, JanMD said:

I know this has been asked, but things change daily on Celebrity right now.  We got the Classic Beverage Package as a perk.  When we get on board, will we get a sticker on our cards?  And when you go to a bar and get a bottle water that is included in the package- do you have to pay a tip??

Thanks,

Jan

No sticker. Your Sea Pass card will have CALL already printed on it. Stands for Classic Beverage Package. All drinks you order with the CBP have the gratuity already added in. No additional tipping required. The only place you can't use your CBP is for the mini bar in your stateroom and room service. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JanMD said:

Thank you DaveKathy!!  Jan

You're welcome. Just a heads up. The CBP beverage menu is different from the PBP menu. If you aren't sure ask. The server/bar tender will know.   

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

No sticker. Your Sea Pass card will have CALL already printed on it. Stands for Classic Beverage Package. All drinks you order with the CBP have the gratuity already added in. No additional tipping required. The only place you can't use your CBP is for the mini bar in your stateroom and room service. 

Note that the CBP has a $9 per drink price ceiling. If you order a drink in excess of $9 - e.g. a $14 drink at the Martini Bar - you will be charged the difference plus a 20% gratuity: ($14 - $9) x 1.20 = $6.

2 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Note that the CBP has a $9 per drink price ceiling. If you order a drink in excess of $9 - e.g. a $14 drink at the Martini Bar - you will be charged the difference plus a 20% gratuity: ($14 - $9) x 1.20 = $6.

Correct. 

7 minutes ago, Ramona760 said:

On the beverage package perk, do you get charged the gratuity only on beverages ordered, or the retail value of the package?

And is coffee still on the list? 

Thanks.

Gratuities are included in the beverage package perk. Coffee also. 

Edited by davekathy

Ok so if included in promo no additional gratuities on beverages consumed? 

Sorry if I am redundant, but I saw this on their beverage info. 

*All prices listed are in USD and are subject to change without notice. A 20% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

6 minutes ago, Ramona760 said:

*All prices listed are in USD and are subject to change without notice. A 20% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

Only if you purchase the CBP or PBP will the 20% gratuity be added at the time of purchase. You asked about the CBP being a perk. The BPs as perks already have the gratuity added.   

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramona760 said:

Just to make 100% clear, that statement says that 20% will be added to the price of the package at checkout when you buy the package. You do not pay any further gratuity when consuming drinks within the package limits.

18 hours ago, boxkite said:

Sometimes they will ask you to sign a receipt, you do not need to leave a tip. You may want to tip your favorite bartender at some point during the cruise depending on the level of service they provide.

Just off the Infinity yesterday.  According to a staff member in one of the specialty restaurants, if you add a gratuity to a bar or restaurant tab, the gratuity is added to the overall "staff pool".  It does not go to the staff in that restaurant or bar on that shift.  

I believe a cash tip given to a waiter or bartender goes to that individual, they might also pool those tips at the end of their shift (i.e. Martini Bar), but it does not go to the overall "staff pool".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 10:12 AM, davekathy said:

I also got the CBP package as a perk on my upcoming cruise, if we wanted to upgrade to the Premium beverage package would it be better to do that in-advance of the cruise so the card gets coded properly or if you do it on-board do they sticker it then?

30 minutes ago, KristyMisty14 said:

I also got the CBP package as a perk on my upcoming cruise, if we wanted to upgrade to the Premium beverage package would it be better to do that in-advance of the cruise so the card gets coded properly or if you do it on-board do they sticker it then?

It really doesn't matter if you upgrade in advance or do so onboard.  If the beverage package sticker for some reason falls off Guest Relations will just attach another.  

But you may want to wait until you use the CBP for a day or so before you upgrade.  A number of folks find that it is cheaper just to pay the price differential between a beverage covered by the PBP and your CBP price limit.  If you upgrade onboard you will be charged a pro-rated rate for the remaining days of the cruise.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, KristyMisty14 said:

If you upgrade on board, they add a sticker to your card to show the premium package.

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

It really doesn't matter if you upgrade in advance or do so onboard.  If the beverage package sticker for some reason falls off Guest Relations will just attach another.  

But you may want to wait until you use the CBP for a day or so before you upgrade.  A number of folks find that it is cheaper just to pay the price differential between a beverage covered by the PBP and your CBP price limit.  If you upgrade onboard you will be charged a pro-rated rate for the remaining days of the cruise.

Okay great, thanks!  Do you know what they charge per day approx for the upgrade?

On 1/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, Mark_T said:

Just to make 100% clear, that statement says that 20% will be added to the price of the package at checkout when you buy the package. You do not pay any further gratuity when consuming drinks within the package limits.

I was concerned about this too! My TA and I both called X, the beverage package perk INCLUDES gratuity. You will NOT pay anything!

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Bumping up this thread. Does anyone have the answer on non alcoholic drinks?

The primary factor seems to be price - if it's under $9, the classic beverage package covers it. Additionally, a discussion not too far back specifically addressed mudslides:

I hope this is what you needed. Cheers!