Cunard website/VP problems(Merged threads)

lissie

5 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The options in that field in my personalizer are

Passport

Driving License

Identity Document

Passport

There's a down-arrow (or inverted carat) at the right side of that box if I go to edit the information (like that shown in JanetWestYorks' screenshot).

Looks like you need to make a call.

For North America bookings, we are still directed to the old Voyage Personalizer.  In the UK they have access to the "new and improved" Voyage Personalizer so things are a little different for them.  

For my upcoming sailing, I first have to sign into the new Voyage Personalizer.  Then it directs me to the old Voyage Personalizer where I have to sign in again.  Then I get all the familiar (old) screens that we have seen for years.  On the plus side at least I can see cabin information and dress codes.  

As per usual, Cunard technology is a huge disappointment.  I'm glad the rest of the product doesn't follow suit.   

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.02.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.03.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.05.10 PM.png

I'm also in the US, but I can log into the new MyCunard just fine.  The problem is that once I'm logged in, various portions of the page are nonfunctioning.  Info is "not available," nothing can be saved, and so forth.

Even with the material that can be displayed, some of it is erroneous.  The "Shore Experiences" portion gives the wrong dates for an entire week's worth of excursions (possibly carried over from a counterpart voyage in a previous year).  Other excursions are listed as "SOLD OUT" although it's still 127 days to sailing (posslble but unlikely).

The mind does boggle.

Edited by Neuhoftraveler

13 minutes ago, eroller said:

For North America bookings, we are still directed to the old Voyage Personalizer.  In the UK they have access to the "new and improved" Voyage Personalizer so things are a little different for them.  

Cunard has been serving me the new personalizer for a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Underwatr said:

Cunard has been serving me the new personalizer for a couple of weeks.

Interesting.  Not me.  After I log into the "new" personalizer it directs me to the old personalizer to sign in again.  So it's not fully migrated yet for North America.  Either they are allowing a certain percentage of bookings to access it, or it's accessible only for sailings a certain time frame out.  My sailing is in March.  That is my guess anyway.  

5 minutes ago, Neuhoftraveler said:

I'm also in the US, but I can log into the new MyCunard just fine.  The problem is that once I'm logged in, various portions of the page are nonfunctioning.  Info is "not available," nothing can be saved, and so forth.

Even with the material that can be displayed, some of it is erroneous.  The "Shore Experiences" portion gives the wrong date for an entire day's worth of excursions (possibly carried over from a counterpart voyage in a previous year).  Other excursions are listed as "SOLD OUT" although it's still 127 days to sailing (posslble but unlikely).

The mind does boggle.

It's unfortunate.  Cunard should be ashamed.  You should never release a new platform unless its been fully beta tested.  Obviously the new Voyage Personalizer hasn't been.  For my upcoming booking in March, I only have access to the old Voyage Personalizer.  It's nothing to write home about, but at least it all works.  

Perhaps they have only migrated North America bookings to the new VP that are farther out?  

• Like 3

I have just gotten off the phone with Cunard (California office).  After I unburdened myself to the agent who took the call, she responded, "Right."  I asked what she meant by "Right."  she replied that Cunard is aware of the problems, especially with VP/MyCunard, it is a "new website," and "they" (note, not "we") "are working to fix it."  There was no apology.

But there was more.  "Working on it" means they are "having meetings twice a week."

Heaven help them.  Or us.

Going to Sail on a cruise at the end of June, I too am disappointed with the VP's operation over the past.

Use to use it for planning and monitoring for information and feel lost with this sailing.

Practically have little information to confirm with on line. So use to the old site and all that it offers.

Hoping it will be more informative in the next two months otherwise calls to Cunard to confirm questionable entries...

Agress Cunard needs a good IT person or staff. 

Since they have an old VP site that works fine (I’m using it), they should be directing everyone to that site until the new site is working correctly.  Of course this should have been the plan since the beginning. IT 101.  Honestly they seem to know zip about technology.  Hard to believe they are part of a multi-billion dollar corporation.  

46 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

The phone person doesn't know anything about the web site repairs. They're probably not even in the same place.

Correct.  The new VP platform is being developed from the Southampton headquarters.  It’s essentially what was developed for P&O. California has nothing to do with it.  

If Cunard had any brains, they would have used the pre-cruise platform developed by Princess. It’s fantastic.  Cunard already uses the Princess developed POLAR reservation system.  Why not go all the way?

• Like 2

There has been much discussion on the Roll Call for our voyage in six months about the problems with the new VP. Some people have reported improvements. For me it is just getting worse.

In the past week or so the dates for departure, arrival and every port in between are wrong. There is now some advance information for shore excursions, which would not be expected so early. For each excursion, the limited information says further details will be available later. But there is a large notice saying it is too late to book excursions on-line because the sailing date is so close.

Just recently it gets even more interesting. Two of the excursions offered in Halifax, Nova Scotia are to Stonehenge and Windsor Castle. An excursion in Iceland is available to Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia. This is really quite funny. I can hardly wait to see what is on offer in the two Scottish ports.

Our TA has been in touch with Cunard.  Fortunately, important information that we can't enter has been entered by Cunard and our basic information is confirmed. We have decided to indicate "no upgrades" because I fear what might happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've used the Cunard website a number of times over the years without too much hassle but somebody has decided it needed a makeover and now I find it very difficult to find things. Yesterday I spent quite a long time trying to locate shore excursions for our April cruise and when I eventually found them they were slow to load and the descriptions were half hidden. Additionally there is now no listing of dress code on specific nights.

Speaking to customer services by phone to book another cruise later this year I mentioned that the website was difficult to navigate and I got a laugh "tell me about it!" reply. Whoever OK'ed the go ahead for the new website needs to be hauled back and told to fix it.

It's a nightmare. There are a number of previous threads on this. But one thing I would emphasise. Somewhere hidden in the personal details is a box to opt in to receiving the prevoyage informtion booklet. It defaults to saying you don't want it, so make sure you find it, if you want the booklet, which I should imagine you do as it may have a clear description of the tours.

18 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It's a nightmare. There are a number of previous threads on this. But one thing I would emphasise. Somewhere hidden in the personal details is a box to opt in to receiving the prevoyage informtion booklet. It defaults to saying you don't want it, so make sure you find it, if you want the booklet, which I should imagine you do as it may have a clear description of the tours.

Thanks for that tip. I’ll go back in and search for that info booklet. 

2 hours ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

Whoever OK'ed the go ahead for the new website needs to be hauled back and told to fix it.

That's okay in the real world, but in this instance think neypostim, think sycophants, think management by abdication, think multiple finger pointings, think inserting head into bucket of sand, then you are thinking Cunard, and then you have the reason why the website will not change.

2 hours ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

Thanks for that tip. I’ll go back in and search for that info booklet. 

Post  #54 here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2723964-cunard-websitevp-problemsmerged-threads/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-59223411

I thought you got directed to the old VP after logging in to the new VP,  for Voyages/Cruises booked last Year.

Edited by Pennbank

Web site in the US is a mess. My cousin and I are booked on the 10 night cruise on QV out of Southampton on 4/16 and the tour we really wanted wasn't accessible on the site for months and we kept calling and were told to try in a week or so. Now it's listed as sold out and was NEVER available. I wrote to customer service but only get a canned response. Also called to get a booklet since the site is so awful/unuseable and the agent on the phone tonight was darn nasty. My next two cruises are booked and are NOT on Cunard. Service is the pits these days.

9 hours ago, wweill said:

Web site in the US is a mess. My cousin and I are booked on the 10 night cruise on QV out of Southampton on 4/16 and the tour we really wanted wasn't accessible on the site for months and we kept calling and were told to try in a week or so. Now it's listed as sold out and was NEVER available. I wrote to customer service but only get a canned response. Also called to get a booklet since the site is so awful/unuseable and the agent on the phone tonight was darn nasty. My next two cruises are booked and are NOT on Cunard. Service is the pits these days.

See you on that cruise then - and I guess you were trying to book the Grenada tour, just like us. We only logged on this week and saw it “sold out” but if it’s been unavailable for months I guess that’s #fake news. I’ll be calling them today in the U.K. Up till now I’ve not had any problems with Cunard but the state of the website indicates a major managerial lack of customer liaison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

See you on that cruise then - and I guess you were trying to book the Grenada tour, just like us. We only logged on this week and saw it “sold out” but if it’s been unavailable for months I guess that’s #fake news. I’ll be calling them today in the U.K. Up till now I’ve not had any problems with Cunard but the state of the website indicates a major managerial lack of customer liaison.

Just to set your mind at rest. Cunard has (in my view) lovely ships and an abysmal website. I'm glad it's that way round. 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Just to set your mind at rest. Cunard has (in my view) lovely ships and an abysmal website. I'm glad it's that way round. 😀

Oh, agreed. Cunard is always our first choice of cruise and we have travelled with them a umber of times with no less than three more coming up. Even though I'm no "expert" on website construction and a "silver surfer" I can recognise a seriously duff website - and Cunard's is in the top tier of that description. For example the "Log In" button is almost hidden right at the bottom of the page and in the smallest typeface possible.🤡

1 minute ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

Oh, agreed. Cunard is always our first choice of cruise and we have travelled with them a umber of times with no less than three more coming up. Even though I'm no "expert" on website construction and a "silver surfer" I can recognise a seriously duff website - and Cunard's is in the top tier of that description. For example the "Log In" button is almost hidden right at the bottom of the page and in the smallest typeface possible.🤡

What is so bizarre is that every time they alter it (upgrade is clearly not the correct word), they make it worse. And they hiding away of the opt-in for the pre-cruise booklet is dreadful.

Is Cunard running itself into the ground? Looking to ship off customers and deter prospects to rival lines? Who is in charge there anyway and for how long? 

Something is obviously wrong at Cunard. Only 3 ships and no clue as to how to conduct its marketing.

Of course, if there are any defenders of this approach to managing customer expectations with a line on Cunard’s website offering, well, I am all ears...

Happy and healthy sailing!