What do you think about a cove balcony ?

monakayk

50 minutes ago, Tom.Terrific said:

There wasn't a lot of noise under the galley to bother us during the evening, but kitchen activities for breakfast begin around 3:00 in the morning.  Pans being knocked around, machines (mixers?) running, didn't hear voices, but lots of loud banging sounds.  Maybe we just got lucky.  And it happened every morning.  

Wow that's really good to know thank you. We got lucky then I was thinking about moving our room but we will stay put 

We booked a Cove for our cruise last year to Bermuda on Breeze, and it was fantastic!  It was under the Excursions Desk (or something similar), most forward Cove balcony cabin on port side.  We spent every late evening and morning sitting our there with a drink (wine or coffee, respectively, typically).

We saw flying fish, and there was pretty well no spray.  Maybe being so far forward the spray hasn't had a chance to drift up yet?

We'd do it again, just for a change of pace from our other usual options (aft balconies, or the fwd balcony we have booked on Mardi Gras).  Though I want to try one of those extended balconies on the middle side of the Mardi Gras where the "bubble" is...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, monakayk said:

What do you think about a cove balcony ? We are thinking of booking one on our B2B cruise & would love to hear folks opinions about it. Thanks in advance .

We just stayed in one for the first time. I loved it. The views and feeling from being so close to the water is magical. The room however is a little bit smaller and our door was actually broken so it whistled for a while. Otherwise, we will do it again whenever we can. 

We loved our Cove Balcony 2264 on the Breeze so much that we booked the same room on the Magic for the next cruise ....  We have had 6 other balconies but the Cove has been our fav as we love being near the water ....   Being in 2264 we were far enough forward to see the spray but also far enough back to not get wet by it :-) 

Breeze cove balcony 5.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 4.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 3.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 2.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 1.jpg

Edited by cat_in_cda

I was in a cove balcony on the Vista which was located in the Family Harbor area, right across the door to the lounge.  WORST sleep ever due to banging coming from above all night long, every night.  I'm a light sleeper so I'll never get this room location again.  Now the noise didn't bother my other family members so if you're a heavy sleeper it might work out.

• Like 1

We were on the Breeze in Cove Balcony 2314 and 2318.  It is a connecting cabin.  Cabin 2314 is in between the lifeboats and had ample sunlight.  Cabin 2318 is under a lifeboat and shaded.  It was perfect.  Want sun hit 2314 got hot and went to 2318 if you have both cabins.  No noise from above because it is under Sapphire Dining.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, cat_in_cda said:

We loved our Cove Balcony 2264 on the Breeze so much that we booked the same room on the Magic for the next cruise ....  We have had 6 other balconies but the Cove has been our fav as we love being near the water ....   Being in 2264 we were far enough forward to see the spray but also far enough back to not get wet by it 🙂

Breeze cove balcony 5.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 4.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 3.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 2.jpg

Breeze cove balcony 1.jpg

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for ours in April!!!! Bringing the pole and board out! 😉

On 2/6/2020 at 9:21 PM, matymil said:

Yes the gray space is under the galley. Im in a cove balcony on the magic next month. Personally I don't think being under the galley is a big deal at all. When the galley is most active you probably wont be in there anyway. Nobody is going to be in the galley while you are trying to sleep. 

We made the mistake twice. Both times I was awake several times in the night by pots dropping and they seemed to power wash the galley. Grateful for cleanliness,not good for sleep!

53 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

We made the mistake twice. Both times I was awake several times in the night by pots dropping and they seemed to power wash the galley. Grateful for cleanliness,not good for sleep!

We were in a cove balcony, cabin # 2375 on the Dream. We loved it. But every night around 1:30-2:00 am, we heard the 'bowling ball' effect, which in my opinion were pallets jack moving in the galley area. As they have steel rollers, they make that kind of noise. I've been around them for years. It woke me up every night. It lasted for about 20 minutes. IMO, they were doing early preparations for the mornings breakfast, and the other meals in the coming day. 

Coves are hit and miss, you have to plan what is above you.  The galley can be noisy all night.  Also weather is more noticed down there.  I like the view from the cove, but hated the spray from the ocean hitting me all the time and we rarely sat on the balcony.  Now we opt for higher balconies.