Allure Suite questions

We'll be sailing on the Allure in August in a Grand Suite, and as we have never sailed on an Oasis Class ship before I have a few questions.

Is making reservations for the shows a must? I know that there is a suite section, but I've also heard that The Key passengers are being allowed into that section, so just wondering if it's safer to make reservations if possible?

Am I correct in thinking we can get soft drinks and wine from 11am-11pm in the Suite Lounge? We're on the fence about getting the drinks package and if we can just get those from the Suite Lounge all day we may find it easier to just pay as we go for cocktails (despite the 10% Spanish Tax) 

How do we go about making reservations for Coastal Kitchen? We don't want to eat there every night, but will want to eat there a few evenings. Someone mentioned asking the Conceirge to make reservations before we go - is that right, or does it have to be done onboard?

Also, I'm assuming we'll be able to see CKs menus on the app like the MDRs right? It's too far out right now to see anything so I'm just curious. 

We did sister ship in suite, always enjoyed grand suites, you should get a email from concierge about 5 days before the cruise, you can then have him make any reservations. You can eat all meals in CK if you like. I really do not like the wine that you can get for free . Had no issues with getting seats for any of the shows. Only show that needed a reservation on oasis was comedy show. 

I was in a GS on Harmony.  I did reserve the shows in advance, but it was not necessary.  In fact, we changed our schedule once on board.  The only thing you do need to reserve is the comedy show, but the concierge was able to change dates for us for that as well.  You are correct on the drinks. They also serve a limited selection of cocktails in the early evening.  We got the drink package because I did not want to have to go to the 17th deck every time I wanted a drink, but we did not have a port intensive itinerary.   

1 hour ago, George C said:

We did sister ship in suite, always enjoyed grand suites, you should get a email from concierge about 5 days before the cruise, you can then have him make any reservations. You can eat all meals in CK if you like. I really do not like the wine that you can get for free . Had no issues with getting seats for any of the shows. Only show that needed a reservation on oasis was comedy show. 

Thanks! I believe they're removing the comedy club on Allure to replace with Diamond Lounge, so won't be needing to book comedy show anyway (plus we're not "comedy show people" anyway) and as long as there's a sparkling wine in the Suite Lounge we'll be good as we can generally drink anything with bubbles! 

59 minutes ago, Southern latitudes said:

I was in a GS on Harmony.  I did reserve the shows in advance, but it was not necessary.  In fact, we changed our schedule once on board.  The only thing you do need to reserve is the comedy show, but the concierge was able to change dates for us for that as well.  You are correct on the drinks. They also serve a limited selection of cocktails in the early evening.  We got the drink package because I did not want to have to go to the 17th deck every time I wanted a drink, but we did not have a port intensive itinerary.   

Thanks, I think we'll probably do the same - book in advance and then possibly change our schedule when on board. That was the only thing I was thinking about...having to go up 17th to get a drink all the time (though it would be more exercise to work off the food at least!) but as this is quite a port intensive initerary perhaps we'll skip the package this time unless the price comes down a fair bit before we sail. 

1 hour ago, cloud_nine said:

Am I correct in thinking we can get soft drinks and wine from 11am-11pm in the Suite Lounge? We're on the fence about getting the drinks package and if we can just get those from the Suite Lounge all day we may find it easier to just pay as we go for cocktails (despite the 10% Spanish Tax) 

Beer, wine, sodas and bottle water available from 11am to 11pm. Cocktails are from 4:30 to 8:30 pm included. you can also purchase cocktails almost any other time

There is also a coffee and Espresso machine available 

IMG_4375.JPG.4000b2827c56fa452f96e4866e7151a9.JPG

Edited by Tulsacoker

13 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

Thanks! I believe they're removing the comedy club on Allure to replace with Diamond Lounge, so won't be needing to book comedy show anyway (plus we're not "comedy show people" anyway).

They are not REmoving the comedy club.  They are MOVING it across the hall.  🙂 

51 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are not REmoving the comedy club.  They are MOVING it across the hall.  🙂 

I don't see it on the deck plans for after the refurb. Also - no need to yell just because I may have got something wrong. That's just what I heard. 

Enjoy!!!! We had a 2 bedroom Grand Suite on Allure a week ago.  

I did go ahead and make show reservations  in advance as I knew I wouldn’t want to sit in the reserved area as it was in the upper level in main theatre.  They didn’t even scan our card when we approached the theatre.  Just said “go on in”.  We typically showed up 30 min prior and sat wherever.

We aren’t big soda drinkers and prefer mixed drinks so having an assortment of beverages in the suite lounge didn’t interest us.  Not sure I would have enjoyed the hike to the lounge whenever I did want something to drink anyway.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

7 hours ago, cloud_nine said:

Thanks! I believe they're removing the comedy club on Allure to replace with Diamond Lounge, so won't be needing to book comedy show anyway (plus we're not "comedy show people" anyway)

When Oasis was amped, the old comedy club was turned into the diamond lounge. Comedy shows were held in Blaze (through December 8 anyway).  Maybe the same will happen with the Allure amp.

11 hours ago, lovelife said:

When Oasis was amped, the old comedy club was turned into the diamond lounge. Comedy shows were held in Blaze (through December 8 anyway).  Maybe the same will happen with the Allure amp.

They may change the design of what was done on Oasis. Not sure they are pleased with the way it came out. I'll try and find out in March 

21 hours ago, cloud_nine said:

Is making reservations for the shows a must? I know that there is a suite section, but I've also heard that The Key passengers are being allowed into that section, so just wondering if it's safer to make reservations if possible?

Just a quick added comment.... You don't need show reservations.  When we were on Allure last March, the Key seats were blocked out separately (but in the same section).  Go to the show early (30 minutes or so) and show them your card.  They simply pass you in. At 10 minutes prior they open up the Suite Section for general seating, so you don't want to be late.  But if you go early, you can enter with no reservations and you can sit anywhere you like.  You are not limited to the Suite Section but it is blocked off if you wan to sit there.  They are the best seats for the Aqua Show  though (IMHO).  

When making dinner reservations, keep the show schedule in mind.  I went ahead and made show reservations just so I could be sure that my dinner reservations didn't interfere.  

My daughter and I were in a GS on the Allure in August of 2017 and 2018. It was wonderful and Allure is now my favorite ship. The GS is quite large with a huge bathroom and tons of storage space. The perks that go with suites are great and, IMHO, make it worth the extra cost of the room. Dexter was the head Suites Concierge and he is very good. In 2018, his assistant was a man named Dudley, who was excellent, as well. He had an amazing memory for names and faces. After meeting you once, he would call you by name the next time you entered the SL. We ate most of our breakfasts there and used the concierge to make reservations for dinners and excursions. The Coastal Kitchen (CK) is adjacent to the SL and has very good food there, too. We ate several meals there where we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and the beautiful view. I know you will enjoy your experience in the GS and on the Allure as much as we did.

Edited by sushigirl53