Moveover Offer --- Need help ASAP

Italy52

Just received an e-mail from Princess regarding a Moveover Offer.  We currently have an obstructed balcony and the email asked if we would like to take an inside cabin with this onboard credit offer:

Relocate us to an INSIDE cabin and receive 100 Percent of our cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit.)  We were asked to contact a princess rep through email; not by phone.  Is this legit or normal protocal?

Cruise is to Mexico and we could go to inside with no problem if this is a legit offer.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Italy52 said:

Just received an e-mail from Princess regarding a Moveover Offer.  We currently have an obstructed balcony and the email asked if we would like to take an inside cabin with this onboard credit offer:

Relocate us to an INSIDE cabin and receive 100 Percent of our cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit.)  We were asked to contact a princess rep through email; not by phone.  Is this legit or normal protocal?

Cruise is to Mexico and we could go to inside with no problem if this is a legit offer.

Thanks in advance.

EMAIL  IMMEDIATELY AND GET IN LINE !!!!!

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

EMAIL  IMMEDIATELY AND GET IN LINE !!!!!

I emailed the lady and asked that she call me so I could get more details.  How long does it normally take for someone to respond back?

They are legit.  So basically you are getting to take a cruise for port charges alone.  You will still have to pay them.  Then probably all your onboard charges and excursions(if any) will be covered too and probably some OBC refunded at the end of the cruise - just for taking a cabin with no type of outside view.  If this were a cruise of a lifetime itinerary, etc.  I wouldn't take it.  But if not, I would probably do it in a heartbeat.  But email back quickly as they are first come, first served and go quickly.

Pooh

Thanks everyone.  I did respond back and said please call me as I would like to discuss the offer further and then gave my phone number --- hope this response to Princess is sufficient.  I have never been offered a Moveover offer before so that's why all the questions.

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

now go to the Princess website and become familiar with what inside cabins are available that you would accept if given that opportunity

I  have my cruise book already turned to the Royal deck plans.

• Like 2

Just heard back from Princess and offers were accepted before they got to me.  Oh well, maybe another time will be my turn.

Follow-up question:  The offer came directly from Princess even though I booked with a TA --- is this normal?  Also, if I did accept the offer, how would it have impacted my TA from a cost stand point?

Just now, Italy52 said:

Just heard back from Princess and offers were accepted before they got to me.  Oh well, maybe another time will be my turn.

Follow-up question:  The offer came directly from Princess even though I booked with a TA --- is this normal?  Also, if I did accept the offer, how would it have impacted my TA from a cost stand point?

Yes it is normal.

I would rather they send direct from Princess.

Any delay from A TA could mean the difference in getting the move/upgrade/upsell etc or not

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes it is normal.

I would rather they send direct from Princess.

Any delay from A TA could mean the difference in getting the move/upgrade/upsell etc or not

I agree; thanks for the response.  Would I have to contact my TA and let them know if I accepted an offer?  Or, is that something that Princess would handle?

6 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I agree; thanks for the response.  Would I have to contact my TA and let them know if I accepted an offer?  Or, is that something that Princess would handle?

No they should receive an updated booking notification.

I emphasize "Should".  🙄

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

I don't think your TA is losing any money because your cruise stays the same price, you just receive refundable OBC onboard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks everyone.  I did respond back and said please call me as I would like to discuss the offer further and then gave my phone number --- hope this response to Princess is sufficient.  I have never been offered a Moveover offer before so that's why all the questions.

It isn't technically a move-over.  Many folks on this board have been calling this relatively new offering a "move-down" since you are accepting a lower category of cabin.  A "move-over" would be to cancel out of the current cruise altogether in exchange to sail on a future cruise.

The there is the "upsell", which is an offer where the customer pays for a better cabin category. 

And then there is that rarest bird of all - the FREE upgrade.  LOL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It isn't technically a move-over.  Many folks on this board have been calling this relatively new offering a "move-down" since you are accepting a lower category of cabin.  A "move-over" would be to cancel out of the current cruise altogether in exchange to sail on a future cruise.

The there is the "upsell", which is an offer where the customer pays for a better cabin category. 

The only reason I used the term "Moveover" is because that is the term Princess used on my email.

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

The only reason I used the term "Moveover" is because that is the term Princess used on my email.

I imagine they would not use "move down" in their communication.  Never use a negative in marketing, right?  LOL.  I guess they don't have another term.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

We were booked on the Grand 15-day SF to Hawaii round trip, for Jan 26. On Jan 21 we got a moreover offer that I couldn't turn down. Give up our cat BB balcony ($4100) and book for free another 15 day or less cruise in the North America market, with an upgrade to a mini suite and OBC equal to our previous fare. We had EZ flights, so they were cancelled and the money applied to flights for the new cruise. If air is higher, Princess will make up the difference, if cheaper, we get a refund. We did not have to pick another cruise immediately, the funds were moved to a "Holding Account." No expiration date, no blackout dates, subject only to availability. Two days later we booked free a $10K mini- suite on the Island 14-night Caribbean Circle, sailing Dec 20 out of Ft Lauderdale. Too early for flights yet. I am a happy camper. I called twice for further information before accepting because it seemed "too good to be true."

Edited by HappyCruiserettu
To correct a typo.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I agree.  That’s what the subject line of my email for our Feb 2 Regal Cruise said, too.  My name, Booking number and “ Moveover Offer” were written on the Subject line.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

What sailing was this? I'm on Rpyal March 14th and that ship is looking pretty full right now. I would take it in a heart beat!

12 hours ago, Italy52 said:

February 1, 2020. 

Deleted original response.

I thought this was a different cruise.

We also leave Feb. 1 and there were a ton of change offers for ours (28 day to Hawaii and Tahiti) too.

Edited by chamima

2 hours ago, jeno said:

I agree.  That’s what the subject line of my email for our Feb 2 Regal Cruise said, too.  My name, Booking number and “ Moveover Offer” were written on the Subject line.  

Was yours to move down to a lower category of cabin on the same cruise?  I am curious if Princess seems to be doing more of these offers.