Arrival Appointment vs. FTTF

sjmbruce

Yes, with FTTF, you're allowed to check in before your assigned Arrival Appointment. When you get there is up to you. Boarding starts when they clear the previous cruise, but on average, they usually start boarding around 11:00, give or take. Depending on how early you show up, you might have to wait to board after going through security and check-in. When you arrive, you'll go to the priority line then sit in the FTTF area (if you have to wait).

We sailed out of Miami in 2018 with FTTF. We got to the terminal around 9:45, had to wait outside until about 10:00 before they opened the doors. Made our way through security and check-in, and they started boarding around 11:00. In December in NOLA (FTTF), we got there around 10:30, went through the process, and sat in the waiting area for about 15 min. until they started boarding around 11:00.

1 hour ago, sjmbruce said:

I purchased FTTF, but the earliest arrival appointment available online is 1:30. I'm assuming we can show up earlier than that? How much earlier? Thanks!

Anytime you would like to. Assuming you depart at  4pm, the earliest I would arrive is 1030am-1100am. Boarding could be at anytime but you most likely be on board by 1200pm. You will board behind the diamonds and platinums.

2 hours ago, miataman19 said:

A question a little off topic. If I'm doing a back to back I remember seeing somewhere that I have to pay for FTTF for both sailings. Anyone have any experience with that and is that true?

True. Below is a copy/paste of the FTTF facts from Carnival's web site, note the second bullet:

(ETA: here's the link to the Carnival web page: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf))

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun...
  • The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase and all occupants receive the benefits. 
  • For guests sailing on multiple cruises back to back, FTTF must be purchased for each cruise in order to benefit from the program.
  • FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; ala carte services cannot be purchased on board. 
  • The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.
  • Guests who completed their Online Check-in prior to purchasing the FTTF package, will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the FTTF stamp reflects on the documents.
  • All guests including FTTF guests are required to select an Arrival Appointment during online check-in. 
  • VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Captain’s Lounge at embarkation.   
  • Once at the pier, when boarding begins, we will board VIFP Club Diamond guests first, followed by VIFP Club Platinum guests, followed by guests traveling in suites and then Faster to the Fun guests.
Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

All the times we sailed, we never had any wait to board a ship. As soon as they start boarding, we just walked on. We are now Diamond and the only thing different, is checking in faster not boarding any sooner.

I am confused by your comment.  You said you never had to wait to board a ship but now that you are Diamond you are not boarding any sooner?  That doesn’t make any sense to me.  

15 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am confused by your comment.  You said you never had to wait to board a ship but now that you are Diamond you are not boarding any sooner?  That doesn’t make any sense to me.  

We have always went to boarding as soon as we were check in. Diamond or not. The only difference is check in. As Diamond, you start off in a special VIP line. Sometimes it is as long as the others anyhow.  They send you to a special room or area to check in. Even then, sometimes we must sit and wait till we are called.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:14 PM, sjmbruce said:

I purchased FTTF, but the earliest arrival appointment available online is 1:30. I'm assuming we can show up earlier than that? How much earlier? Thanks!

Where are you sailing from? That might make a difference also. Baltimore, for instance, has boarding start around noon, on average.

I usually show up just before 11 and basically walk straight on. Security is the only slow down, and even then sometimes we've had a special line for that.

No need to go earlier than 10:30, but worth getting there by 11 since that is usually boarding time. Once got on at 10:45, but had to wait until 11:30 for our room to be ready (Im not complaining because they didn't have to board us that early).