Is this Oasis returning to Miami?

7 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

The concerning part is I feel like if my was something like a heart attack they wouldn't have gone all the way down the channel before stopping.. Unless they got the person off the ship via a pilot boat at the mouth of the port. 

Exactly, no need to come all the way back inless the seas and wind is really bad? Is the weather bad there now?

Edited by Jimbo

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So much for as screening the passengers for illness...........Hasn't been about 3 or 4 hours since it set sail.

You have no idea why they are ill.  Could very easily be something that they did not screen for like a heart attack.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have no idea why they are ill.  Could very easily be something that they did not screen for like a heart attack.....

Either do you...................

16 minutes ago, airbus_guy said:

How was the pre-cruise screening?  Anything out of the ordinary or different?  How vigilant are they about the new passport/travel rules?

There was nothing out of the ordinary that I could determine. A routine boarding. There have been no further announcements and the evenings activities are proceeding as if nothing is happening at all.  

Edited by CraigG

3 minutes ago, CraigG said:

There was nothing out of the ordinary that I could determine. A routine boarding. 

My point exactly, so called screening of passengers before a cruise by any cruiseline is pointless.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Exactly, no need to come all the way back inless the seas and wind is really bad? Is the weather bad there now?

If who ever is running that ship feels coming back to port is the safest way to transfer someone then that is all the reason they need.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CraigG said:

The captain informed us a couple hours ago we would be returning to disembark an ill passenger. That all we know on board. 
As we have 2 sea days, he said it would not impact our arrival in St Martin on Wednesday. 

Same thing happened to us last week on Harmony. About 8pm the captain came

on and said we were returning to port Canaveral to drop off a passenger. I always wonder what necessitates turning around instead of airlifting someone off. I assume it’s serious so they would want to get back to land as quickly as possible. 

Also had ambulances come to the ship in both St Maarten and Puerto Rico. And a call for stretcher crew. 

2 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

I always wonder what necessitates turning around instead of airlifting someone off.

Airlifting is basically a last resort.  It is extremely dangerous footprints both the chopper and the ship and the patient needs to be stable enough for the lift. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Airlifting is basically a last resort.  It is extremely dangerous footprints both the chopper and the ship and the patient needs to be stable enough for the lift. 

That makes sense. It was super windy the entire trip with high waves so that may be why. But I can’t imagine having a family member have a heart attack for example and have to wait hours to get off the ship. 

14 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

That makes sense. It was super windy the entire trip with high waves so that may be why. But I can’t imagine having a family member have a heart attack for example and have to wait hours to get off the ship. 

The medical facilities on the ship are pretty impressive. I understand your point but I think we are pretty fortunate to have the services they are capable of providing just a short elevator ride away.

The risk of cruising is that the time for transfers may be prolonged. Think of being half way through a trans Atlantic crossing. No one is coming out to the ship and they aren't pulling into port any time soon.