Carnival modifies cancellation policy; wondering if NCL will follow suit

Newfun4me

We are booked on an April 4 cruise on Carnival and a May 31 on NCL.  We are cruising with a group of friends on the Carnival cruise and one of them shared the details about Carnival's adjusted cancellation policy.  I know this isn't a Carnival board, but I know a lot of people would be appreciative if NCL would follow suit.   

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-changes-cancellation-policy-offers-on-board-credit/?fbclid=IwAR367unZ5fbJsWxNchGMOcEA7-RecNSSs7F9hF5a_FwUoqAPkRKYyVVD_Yw

• Like 1

That's great news, hopefully NCL follows suit. I like everything about it. They provide a year for rescheduling or they offer a good faith on board credit if you chance it. 

Does anyone know if you have a third party CFAR, that that could possibly be transferred as well? I'm thinking not. 

18 minutes ago, Capefearshore said:

Probably not soon enough for me as we are supposed to cruise tomorrow.

Nope.  Someone on the Princess forum is sailing tomorrow and said he cannot get it because it is less than 72 hours.  Starts 3/9.

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise on the Escape for May 3rd. If Carnival and Princess have implemented this new policy, I would be shocked if NCL, Royal Caribbean, etc., do not follow suit. And if NCL doesn't, we'll send all of our future cruise business to Carnival and Princess.

Sailings departing between April 4 and May 31: booked guests can cancel by March 31, 2020, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.

If you choose to keep your booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31, you will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD/ $150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises
Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

RC has followed suit...here's hoping NCL does.

The "Cruise With Confidence" policy allows guests on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea to cancel up to 48 hours before a sailing. Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of the guest's choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings.

• Like 1

I would love it if NCL made this change.

We are currently booked to a “romantic kid free” cruise on the Gem during April school vacation week and just received word that our teen’s overseas school trip during that same time period has been cancelled. (We have been expecting this cancelation for the last two weeks and are just happy to have that info.) 

We would be very happy with the option to cancel this cruise and receive future cruise credit.  

Has anyone ever cancelled a cruise before and gotten the cruise credit? Does the credit "stay" in your account until you choose a new cruise, or do you need to pick a new cruise immediately? I'm sorry if that's a stupid question.

9 minutes ago, babydaryl24 said:

So what if you want to cancel completely, not rebook? What are they doing then?

I doubt any cruise line is going to offer refunds if you just decide to cancel altogether. In that case, check what your insurance covers.

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I doubt any cruise line is going to offer refunds if you just decide to cancel altogether. In that case, check what your insurance covers.

medical/job/terrorism cancellations only.. NOTHING related to corona virus. Nationwide Choice.

NCL needs to do the right thing and at least let people reschedule their cruise for a later date. People have a lot of money invested in these cruises and it is not right for NCL putting them in a position of forfeiting their money just because they felt it safe not to do a vacation during one of the largest virus outbreaks in years. I for one will have no problem boycotting NCL if they don't over a sensible solution to this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rnormore said:

NCL needs to do the right thing and at least let people reschedule their cruise for a later date. People have a lot of money invested in these cruises and it is not right for NCL putting them in a position of forfeiting their money just because they felt it safe not to do a vacation during one of the largest virus outbreaks in years. I for one will have no problem boycotting NCL if they don't over a sensible solution to this. 

Same here, we have an 11 day cruise on the Gem on March 26. I they don't give us the option to cancel and rebook, we will be cancelling our 14 day Breakaway cruise in October and our 12 day cruise on the Gem in April 2021. 100% boycott for us!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I would happily take $200 OBC per week on my upcoming B2B on the Bliss!

Agreed.  I'd like to see them offer the current perks (up to $600 OBC) for new bookings for those that are past final payment.