Carnival Magic Grand Turk Friday March 6th

Currently on the Magic. Supposed to dock around 10:30. We arrived about 10. It’s now 12:15 and we have not been granted access to debark. CD and Captain have both made announcements. The last announcement was by the Captain saying they were having talks with the local government and the CD was on the phone with Carnival Corp in Miami.

Spotty internet as expected. Anything in the news yet?

1 minute ago, craigtompkins said:

Currently on the Magic. Supposed to dock around 10:30. We arrived about 10. It’s now 12:15 and we have not been granted access to debark. CD and Captain have both made announcements. The last announcement was by the Captain saying they were having talks with the local government and the CD was on the phone with Carnival Corp in Miami.

Spotty internet as expected. Anything in the news yet?

Nope and Nothing on JH's page. Maybe enhanced CV screening.

Also on board, sat in the lounge for 2 hours waiting with other shore-ex folks absolutely no information given, now in room, latest announcement  at 12:40 est was "we are working with local authorities for clearance" ...no way were getting off at this point. I'm going to the bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just announced a couple passengers with standard cold type symptoms. No chance it’s more than that. But local government is being extra careful. 

Separately 2 passengers with medical emergencies that they are trying to get off the ship. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, craigtompkins said:

Just announced a couple passengers with standard cold type symptoms. No chance it’s more than that. But local government is being extra careful. 

Separately 2 passengers with medical emergencies that they are trying to get off the ship. 

Who made announcement? I heard 7 people and "flu like" symptoms but somehow they are sure it is not COVID-19 ???

19 minutes ago, craigtompkins said:

Why do you say that? Do they have a neg virus test?

I only say that because it’s what we were told. They said something along the lines of it’s not COVID-19 and based on the symptoms they would not have to report it to the WHO or CDC. 

Now of course I’m not a doctor so I don’t know how they determined that but that’s what we have been told 

• Like 2

Photo taken from serenity, almost sure that's as close to grand turk as I'm going to get today. Last update was several people with flu symptomoms. Absolutely no meaningful updates up to this point, they haven't even announced were not getting off and it's been 4 hours since we were supposed to debark. 

20200306_130520.jpg

• Like 1

HA. I just left that area of serenity about 15 minutes ago. 

As stated above no updates in the past 50 minutes. My wife and I love this port too. Too bad they didn’t just say oh well and make today a sea day instead of tomorrow and stop in half moon cay tomorrow instead. 

Our neighboring ship the veendem must have heard the announcement, they are getting the hell out of here. Hope they dont have to airdrop any test kits when we get back to port Everglades. The 100 credit is very generous. To the bar to burn it up!

20200306_145002.jpg

20200306_145010.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, czechcruzr said:

Our neighboring ship the veendem must have heard the announcement, they are getting the hell out of here. Hope they dont have to airdrop any test kits when we get back to port Everglades. The 100 credit is very generous. To the bar to burn it up!

Cheers!  Crappy news but thanks for the pics - makes me miss Grand Turk.  So beautiful.  

• Like 1

I'm  booked  on  a  cruise  on the  Magic  and  I'm  concerned . There are  people  on  that  ship  that  have  something  that  the  local  government  is  concerned  about   . Is  Carnival  going to  replace  the  staff  members  tha t  have  been  in  contact  with  these  travelers  on the  next  cruise  or  are  they  going to  let potential  carriers  infect  future  guests?Even  if  they  pull  them  for  one  cruise  that  would  be  something  to  help  control  these illnesses.